PDA

View Full Version : 2006 M3 w/ZCP?

drw1926
07-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Well it sounds like the E46 M3 is a sure thing for 2006; has anyone seen anything confirming or denying the ZCP package for the US?

LMC
07-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Well it sounds like the E46 M3 is a sure thing for 2006; has anyone seen anything confirming or denying the ZCP package for the US?

No -- haven't heard, and I would conclude that the ZCP will be available for '06. They would have to be insane to discontinue the package when it has proved pretty popular and created some additional buzz for a car that is close to end of production.

Tikrit, huh? Vacationing? :eeps:

Thanks for the service and keep safe! :)

damills
07-20-2005, 04:52 PM
No -- haven't heard, and I would conclude that the ZCP will be available for '06. They would have to be insane to discontinue the package when it has proved pretty popular and created some additional buzz for a car that is close to end of production.

Thanks for the service and keep safe! :)I wished they would add the steering wheel controls and cruise to the ZCP package and I would buy it, I just turned in my 02 M3 convertible, waiting on an 06, supposed to be first in line, production should be first week in September. I hope they make something standard or add something with this being the last year of production to make it unique...

TD330ci
07-20-2005, 05:56 PM
I wished they would add the steering wheel controls and cruise to the ZCP package and I would buy it, I just turned in my 02 M3 convertible, waiting on an 06, supposed to be first in line, production should be first week in September. I hope they make something standard or add something with this being the last year of production to make it unique...

THAT WOULD PISS ME RIGHT OFF!!! Just took delivery of mine three weeks ago. :mad:

ZCP already makes it unique enough for the last 18 months of production. Don't get gready!!

I do agree about the streering wheel controls. I really wanted those, but after driving for awhile without them, I don't miss them that much. :dunno:

rommelrules
07-20-2005, 10:46 PM
I've been driving mine around since Saturday and this thread got me thinking.
I have yet to turn on the stereo. Wow. Really. I'm captivated by other sounds.

Needless to say, I couldn't care less about the steering wheel controls...

drw1926
07-21-2005, 04:18 AM

Thanks for the service and keep safe! :)

Yeah, hell of a vacation huh? :bawling: This place SUCKS...no two ways about it. The M3 is going to be my "consolation" when I get back...since I am overseas I get to order through BMW diplomat sales, which makes it even sweeter. :thumbup:

If they didn't offer the ZCP for '06, it wouldn't be a deal-breaker...I just like that extra bit of 'exclusivity' it adds. I would probably still get it, even if they drop the package. On a related note that bodes well for BMW to continue to offer it, the ZHP will continue for '06 (at least in Canada, where it's called the "ZAM" package, if I'm not mistaken...)

Thanks for the kind words! :)

spta97
07-21-2005, 06:48 AM
I hope they don't do anything different for 06 as I have my 05 on order. I would actually prefer it if they discontinued the ZCP package for 06 so I can feel special :eek:

bimmerguy
07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
I hope they don't do anything different for 06 as I have my 05 on order. I would actually prefer it if they discontinued the ZCP package for 06 so I can feel special :eek:

You are already special, you post on bimmerfest! :thumbup:

SpeedFreak!
07-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Just found this thread... just in case you haven't discovered this by... SEARCHING... the ZCP will be available on the '06 M3 which will be built until 5/06. There are no changes.
Enjoy

drw1926
07-23-2005, 05:57 AM
Just found this thread... just in case you haven't discovered this by... SEARCHING... the ZCP will be available on the '06 M3 which will be built until 5/06. There are no changes.
Enjoy

Thanks for the heads-up, SpeedFreak. :thumbup:

I did do a search...looked for "2006 ZCP" and got a total of one thread which told me nothing...looked up "ZCP" and got about 10 pages of stuff, most of which were too old to have been any use in answering the question.

Can you post the link you were able to find this information at?

Greg

SpeedFreak!
07-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, SpeedFreak. :thumbup:

I did do a search...looked for "2006 ZCP" and got a total of one thread which told me nothing...looked up "ZCP" and got about 10 pages of stuff, most of which were too old to have been any use in answering the question.

Can you post the link you were able to find this information at?Greg

I wish I could... it's an internal BMW thing and it would cause this thread to be deleted... and I could get fired. You'll have to trust me on this one. :thumbup:

spta97
07-25-2005, 06:44 AM
I wish I could... it's an internal BMW thing and it would cause this thread to be deleted... and I could get fired. You'll have to trust me on this one. :thumbup:

Then why flame him for not searching good enough :dunno:

MY2NDM3
07-26-2005, 01:44 PM

I was hoping there won't be a 2006, so this way my 2005 with ZCP would be so sweet, and I could feel special too... :thumbup: I spoke to BMWNA and my dealer yesterday, and they both say they don't know if there will be a 2006 or not :dunno:

When did you order your "M"?? Has it been produced?? Mine is on the boat as we speak and should be in Port Elizabeth this weekend. I'm hoping to take delivery next Saturday :D