PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6682 - Anyone?

fuenfwagon
07-25-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi there, I'm not in actual posession of my e60 yet but am already thinking about which phone to use in it. I currently have a Motoraly Mpx220 which I despise so I'll be changing phones in the next few months. Obviously it makes sense to get something that will work seamlessly with the BT interface in the new car.

I've been keeping an eye on the 6682 from Nokia which is basically a US-spec-ed version of their latest 3G phone:

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/6682/0,2803,,00.html

Are there any phone pioneers out there who can comments on how this one would work with our cars?

dlwwfg
08-26-2005, 05:57 PM
I also have the Mpx220. I have Googled this a little and it seems that smartphones might be able to connect via bluetooth but they will have problems transferring contacts. It seems this goes for the Treo 650 and others. If you do not have to have a smartphone, I have read in many forums that the Razr works flawlessly.

If anyone is able to sync their Nokia 6682 with their E90, please let us know, as I will most likely get this phone once it comes out.

flat6
09-10-2005, 08:25 PM
I have the Nokia 6680 (dual cam 3g Version of the 6682)

Great phone, Its running perfectly in my 05' E46 318i, the bluetooth in these phones is so much better than previous models

dlwwfg
09-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks flat6. I should have my 6682 tomorrow and my new e90 later this week. Does your phone book sync? Also, does the steering wheel function work for your 6680 as well?

Thanks again

flat6
09-12-2005, 03:00 AM
Thanks flat6. I should have my 6682 tomorrow and my new e90 later this week. Does your phone book sync? Also, does the steering wheel function work for your 6680 as well?

Thanks again

When i receive a call, the number comes up on the head unit, but no name listing :(

other than that, i can pick up/hang up from the steering wheel as well as adjust volume with no hassles at all.

also the phone automatically connects to the car from when you turn the key, so remember its on speaker phone untill you turn the key fully off *(unless your in a call)

dlwwfg
09-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Flat6, I picked up my new car yesterday and the phone works as you said. Can you manually enter in names and numbers to the car phone book?

Wick
09-23-2005, 02:36 PM
I found the whole pairing exercise quite difficult. I had to do it three times in order to pair successfully, and after that connections are tricky.

Most importantly, as others have reported, the phone book does not transfer. I have a Sony Ericsson T610 and it has always worked flawlessly. I'm afraid that I will have to return the phone (easier than returning the car) even though I really like it in every other respect.

-wick

closer2pin
09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi there, I'm not in actual posession of my e60 yet but am already thinking about which phone to use in it. I currently have a Motoraly Mpx220 which I despise so I'll be changing phones in the next few months. Obviously it makes sense to get something that will work seamlessly with the BT interface in the new car.

I've been keeping an eye on the 6682 from Nokia which is basically a US-spec-ed version of their latest 3G phone:

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/6682/0,2803,,00.html

Are there any phone pioneers out there who can comments on how this one would work with our cars?

I just picked up a Blackberry 7100t. So far it's great. Has bluetooth. Haven't tried it on a car. The keys are a little hard to get used too and the predicitive text but the rest of the phones features rock. I had a Treo and so far this thing smokes it.