PDA

View Full Version : You see a vandal keying your car. Do you...

Dr Greco
07-26-2005, 12:37 AM
It happened in Athens, Greece, one hot summer evening of 2003. I parallel-parked my 2003 Honda CRV (my car in Greece) in a busy sea-side district full of caffeterias and chic lounges. I was not 300 feet away from my car when a man approached me to tell me that I should park somewhere else, because cars get vandalized by the owner of the house next to that specific parking spot: "He thinks that's his own spot, although he has no legal right to reserve it, it is on public street". As I begin heading back towards the car to survey the scene, I see this other man running a key along the side of my car, from headlight to taillight. I run towards him, and this stupid folk runs towards his house! I tackle him from behind as he was trying to open his front door....
I am 26 y.o., 6'7" (2.00m), 335lbs (140Kg), played college football and basketball in the U.S. and pro basketball in Greece. He is about 45 y.o, 5'8", 180lbs tops.

Given that I went after him and ended up on top of him (which I should have never done because I broke his clavicle doing so!)......Here is the question?

Would you break the rest of his bones OR have him arrested?

Have in mind that he has vandalized numerous cars.

XtraSmiley
08-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Well, I don't know about a country where I'm not sure of the laws, but here in the US, I would have beaten him something silly and when the cops finally showed up say I caught him keying the car and then he tried to fight me.

I know it's a bit of bending the truth, but I'm sure as you hit him, he could try and fight back, right?

I've already got a few scratches on my only 4 week old Z4. One of them from a person on the passenger door. If I saw them do it, I'm not sure I could control myself.

01silber
08-07-2005, 10:38 AM
It happened in Athens, Greece, one hot summer evening of 2003. I parallel-parked my 2003 Honda CRV (my car in Greece) in a busy sea-side district full of caffeterias and chic lounges. I was not 300 feet away from my car when a man approached me to tell me that I should park somewhere else, because cars get vandalized by the owner of the house next to that specific parking spot: "He thinks that's his own spot, although he has no legal right to reserve it, it is on public street". As I begin heading back towards the car to survey the scene, I see this other man running a key along the side of my car, from headlight to taillight. I run towards him, and this stupid folk runs towards his house! I tackle him from behind as he was trying to open his front door....
I am 26 y.o., 6'7" (2.00m), 335lbs (140Kg), played college football and basketball in the U.S. and pro basketball in Greece. He is about 45 y.o, 5'8", 180lbs tops.

Given that I went after him and ended up on top of him (which I should have never done because I broke his clavicle doing so!)......Here is the question?

I would have ripped his teeth out and keyed his back with them

FenPhen
08-07-2005, 08:14 PM
If I were built like you, I also would tackle him and scare the crap out of him, and then call the police. Beating up the guy is risky (XtraSmiley raises a good point about local laws), but tackling him would at least shake him up. Go crazy too, like you've lost all sanity and are this close to curb-stomping his face. :)

If you have a buddy with you, it'd be nice if he pretended to hold you back and said stuff like, "No man! No blood tonight, PLEASE! I CAN'T HANDLE YOUR RAGE, MAN!! IT'S TOO MUCH!! THINK OF ALL THE BROKEN FAMILIES YOU'VE CREATED!! WHYYYYYYYY??!?! Why, you stupid bastard, of all the cars you could've keyed, why my homicidal buddy? He's a good guy, I swear!" And then start bawling like he's lost all hope for humanity.

James
08-07-2005, 08:37 PM
I think the least you could do is vandalize his house :dunno:. I mean, how stupid can you get? If you are going to vandalize people's cars make sure they don't know where you live.

You could have the Tuesday night Brick through the living room window ritual. First Tuesday of every month :rofl:.

BMW_Brand
08-07-2005, 08:43 PM
If you can do it, snap a pic of him in the act. File a report to the police to get his info. File a lawsuit to recover damages for the intentional and unreasonable infliction of mental or emotional distress as result of the damage done to your true love (and also for the money to fix it as well)

... after you're paid, then start the Tuesday-night-Brick-through-the-living-room-window ritual.

jvr826
08-07-2005, 09:51 PM
If I was your size, I'd have grabbed him and given him something to think about while he waited for the cops to arrive. "Hit him? He tripped while he was running away from me." :rolleyes:

Dr Greco
08-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Interesting responses. All of them flashed through my mind during the 9 seconds of my sprint-and-tackle maneuver (the good guy who was trying to warn me, later confessed that he did not know big guys can ran that fast. :D )

I resisted extracting his teeth one by one because there were already 2 witnesses around.

I did tackle him, though, just like in college, which broke his clavicle as he fell on the ground, and then I sat on his low back (which was hurt, too, since I am a bit on the heavy side), and twisted his arm to immobilize him while waiting for the cops.

We settled out of court. I threatened to gather every neighbour and witness and make him pay for every single scratched car in Athens. He agreed to have my entire car repainted.

katheikia
08-20-2005, 09:31 AM
mbravo re ellinara, to kseilo einai oi kaliteri leisei!!! :thumbup:

bimmerguy
08-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Interesting responses. All of them flashed through my mind during the 9 seconds of my sprint-and-tackle maneuver (the good guy who was trying to warn me, later confessed that he did not know big guys can ran that fast. :D )

I resisted extracting his teeth one by one because there were already 2 witnesses around.

I did tackle him, though, just like in college, which broke his clavicle as he fell on the ground, and then I sat on his low back (which was hurt, too, since I am a bit on the heavy side), and twisted his arm to immobilize him while waiting for the cops.

We settled out of court. I threatened to gather every neighbour and witness and make him pay for every single scratched car in Athens. He agreed to have my entire car repainted.

Man, I enjoyed reading that :thumbup:
If it was the US, I bet he would have sued you.....

Alex Baumann
08-20-2005, 02:07 PM
You really wouldn't want to hear what I'd do to him/her/it :eeps:

Ballr
08-22-2005, 11:33 PM

^ this sounds like a better idea..but i would have used his teeth to make me a necklace afterwards :D

jetstream23
08-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Snap a picture with my cellphone of him, his car, etc. then go to the police !

Dr Greco
08-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Man, I enjoyed reading that :thumbup:
If it was the US, I bet he would have sued you.....
Which is the reason why I am going back to the old country!

Dr Greco
08-25-2005, 05:33 PM
mbravo re ellinara, to kseilo einai oi kaliteri leisei!!! :thumbup:Den einai i kalyteri lysi ..........alla eyharisto! Na'sai kala

Maximus57
08-25-2005, 09:27 PM
9MM, full clip of black talons, enough said.

aggspball3r
09-04-2005, 07:43 PM
9MM, full clip of black talons, enough said.
umm ouch..what are you takin this one to the streets:rofl:

MG67
09-05-2005, 08:55 AM
In Greece I would kick his a$$ a bit more... here in the States I would think twice... in Holland I would kick his a$$ too...:thumbup:

Maximus57
09-05-2005, 07:56 PM
umm ouch..what are you takin this one to the streets:rofl:
Naw, Just BS'n, I would never take my firearm outside my home, unless I was going to the shooting range. I would call the police.

cntlaw
09-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Few years back, my brand new MR-S got stolen 4 months after laucnh and never recovered. The insurance did not pay in full and usually we don't want to get the same car again because of 'bad luck'. So the loss is not just a car but it is a big waste of our time on all those time and energy for making buying decisions, delivery waiting, registration, break-in. I would shoot anyone touches my cars if I have that power to do any possible things outlaw.

CaliAgents1688
10-03-2005, 11:44 PM

hahhah, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeha!!!!!!!!!!! I woulda busted out mah strap and pumped that mark ass busta full o' slugs, ya dig?! We don't play out here in Killafonia... that's on the real.
http://members.roadfly.org/CaliAgents1688/Oaklandtown.jpg

e90fanatic
10-09-2005, 08:52 AM
if i catch the guy...i'll break his leg and arms. That gotta stop him from keying other cars and mine

Just Bryce
10-09-2005, 09:05 AM
;)

kybriggs82
10-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Found a guy inside a car crusher one day and he still had the car key in his hand..Maybe it's the same guy your talking about today !! I do not avocate violence but what goes around comes around and if the keyee doesn't call me for a report or help then I guess there's no foul..

Juker008
10-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Na ton gyamises so xilo

Frankly I would wait for him to get out of the hospital and break it again. That is total BS to hear that coming from Elinas.

Were any charges filed, were police notified?

Favyeros

cwsqbm
10-15-2005, 08:41 PM
In the U.S., I 'd call the police as I'd probably lose more than cost of the car for breaking his limbs. If that didn't work, I like the First Tuesday of the Month brick idea. :thumbup:

liuk3
10-18-2005, 05:42 PM
the answer would depend on if there were any witnesses... :angel:

99rx300
10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
This almost exact thing happened to me on fri night. i was in my room and my mother in law runs in and said someone just busted off the mirror of my wifes lexus. i grab my keys and jump in. me and her hubby jump in the car and the chase is on. i end up catching them aout a mile down the road. i follow them until they pul into an apt complex. two people get out of the back, him and i hop out and get ready to brawl because we know there are at least 2 more in the front seats so we need to even the odds pretty quick. the drivers take off and the two that got out run. so we follow the car. it goes all over the city with its lights off. we end up getting them stopped and they get out. there is still 3 in the car lol. but luckily they didnt loose any teeth, one of them took off imediatly. but all the while we are on my cell giving the police te directions we are going. so they are there about 15 seconds after we get them stopped. the have weed, beer, no insurance, suspended liscense, and under 21. they only got 2 tickets, no ins and liscence, but i am still pressing charges and the guys dad him and the thrower came to my house saying they would pay for damages if we dropped charges. come to find out they threw a bottle of bacardi at my car and it hit the door and busted, thats where she heard the glass sound from. it smashed up my door pretty good.

Patrick318is
11-10-2005, 01:40 AM
I'd beat the crap out of him :)

Might chop his fingers off

BMW325ICOUPE
11-14-2005, 11:05 AM
If a man is chicken enough to key another mans vehicle he is chicken enough to get his a$$ beat. This guy needs a job to pass his time.

leedawg
11-20-2005, 02:40 PM
I would have beat the **** out of him. :D YOu did the right thing. Now call the police and go after him for damages to your car. ACtually in the states you would probably get sued or some **** like that. But whatever.

ThatOneGuy
11-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Break a few fingers, the wrist and the elbow. Give him something to think about in p.t.

2003330IBMW
12-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Who Are The Pussies That Said They Would Leave The Scene. You Would Have To Be A Complete Idiot. What Fools

RJJ
12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Did you ever notice that most over 20 BMW male drivers display effeminate features ? Hardly the type to beat up or even scare others.

MUrhino
12-11-2005, 04:41 PM

Well, even if he has vandalized numerous cars in the past, why should that bother you? I don't know what the laws are in Greece, but if the situation would've happened here in the U.S. think about the consequences for a moment. You catch him and beat the crap out of him. You get arrested for assualt because the moment you go beyond physical restraint you're guilty and end up going to jail. It doesn't matter if he's the guilty one or started it. Once a person stops resisting or fighting back, you have to back off. Ever heard of police brutality? If they go to far, they're screwed. Plenty of examples in the past.

Now I know you might want to beat the crap out of him to make him remember, and lets be honest, who the hell wouldn't, but just make sure you hit him really hard the first couple times...then he'll stop resisting anyway :thumbup:

I'm just flaming now. I hate this stupid thread and poll. So many more people said they would beat the crap out of the person, but what people say they'd do and what they actually would do is quite different. Sociology minor here, so yeah, studies have proven that.

I'd get a detailed description, take a picture if I happen to have my camera, call the cops, and help them chase him down. If they don't get there in time, sure, try to restrain him (size permitting of course). Realisticly there's not much you can do, I mean a police cruiser isn't going to come race through traffic endangering others lives just so they can catch someone who is keying your car....they've got better things to do. :rolleyes:

Dr Greco
12-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I'd get a detailed description, take a picture if I happen to have my camera, call the cops, and help them chase him down. If they don't get there in time, sure, try to restrain him (size permitting of course). Realisticly there's not much you can do, I mean a police cruiser isn't going to come race through traffic endangering others lives just so they can catch someone who is keying your car....they've got better things to do. :rolleyes:
Well....that's kinda what I did! No need for pics, there was an eye witness, who was aware of the vandal's guilty past.

Given that I knew the vandal's residence....you're right...I should have let him go. I had a witness! But my first thought was....."GO GET HIM"...he could have been holding a knife or carrying a weapon....that would make my decision a very stupid one!

I did not begin thinking clearly before immobilizing him. As I was seating on his back, twisting his arm, I was actually trying to think clearly and act so I can have my car fixed, not take revenge.

Then the police came. No intentional beating before that, as much as I wanted to.

The temptation though was HUGE! I so wanted to stomp his head on his marble stairs.

You're right....in the court everybody would see a 6'7" 335 lbs man next to an older, much smaller person with a broken clavicle....it would not look too good for me!

MUrhino
12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Dr. G. I'm 22, 6'2, and around 190, not really big, but athletic and in shape...I'd be scared if I was the guy you were chasing :eek:

I would've loved to see his face when he realized you were coming after him though. And I can just see a MasterCard commercial coming on:

Car rental for the weekend - £200.00

Meter in front of a crazy man's house - £0.50

Realizing you made a grown man wet himself after he keyed your car - Priceless :rofl:

And this was just a rental :eeps:

Glad to hear he didn't have any weapons either.

tke743
12-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Inspired by the wounding of my love, I was amazed to find that a little of the old rugby player still resides in this “well upholstered” body. Thankfully the guy walking with me, was a cop, and no charges were filed…….

Happened last summer before joining this forum, cost the “kid” (use any colorful adjective that you would like) a lot more then his milk money to fix my car. I wanted the death penalty, but my wife took his case.

Should have seen the look on his face when this “athlete” caught him from behind at a dead sprint. “Warp drive is available, but not recommended.”

girl_likes_bmw
12-29-2005, 12:05 AM
My ex-roommate and I had an argument this past semester nearly getting in a fist fight.

Some people had stopped us before we got at each other.

Soon after, she left storming from the dorms--little did I know she was going to key my car on the way to her car and to add to my torment, she kicked leaving huge dents on both the front and back doors on the passenger. Scratch marks scribbled on the trunk, along the back, across the "330i" emblem, and all along the passenger side.

That Oldmobile Cutless driving bitch has yet to have been caught. Still in "investigation" by the campus police--also known as rent a cops.

Revenge will be oh so sweet...

PUTA! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lanc3r
12-29-2005, 12:43 AM
My ex-roommate and I had an argument this past semester nearly getting in a fist fight.

Some people had stopped us before we got at each other.

Soon after, she left storming from the dorms--little did I know she was going to key my car on the way to her car and to add to my torment, she kicked leaving huge dents on both the front and back doors on the passenger. Scratch marks scribbled on the trunk, along the back, across the "330i" emblem, and all along the passenger side.

That Oldmobile Cutless driving bitch has yet to have been caught. Still in "investigation" by the campus police--also known as rent a cops.

Revenge will be oh so sweet...

PUTA! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Remember, revenge is best served cold. :eeps:

Sorry to hear about your car. Being in college there are countless ways to ruin her reputation.

You dont happen to have pics of the wench do you? :dunno: :eeps:

Patrick
12-29-2005, 02:19 AM
You dont happen to have pics of the wench do you? :dunno: :eeps:

Yeah. :eeps:

Is she hot?

girl_likes_bmw
12-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Remember, revenge is best served cold. :eeps:

best served cold eh?

if only i knew what that means...

like after a cooling down period?

it's been 2 months already.... cold enough? :dunno:

girl_likes_bmw
12-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Yeah. :eeps:

Is she hot?

:rofl:

im not one to judge, but if you like girls that are equivalent to a 500 lb bucket of lard, then yeah she is..... :confused:

01silber
12-30-2005, 05:27 PM
:rofl:

im not one to judge, but if you like girls that are equivalent to a 500 lb bucket of lard, then yeah she is..... :confused:

san antonio here too, Many of the women here are atleast 500lbs. gawd what a awful city

girl_likes_bmw
12-30-2005, 09:47 PM
san antonio here too, Many of the women here are atleast 500lbs. gawd what a awful city

yes sir!!

say it with me "hit the gym!!"

lol

orggilak
12-30-2005, 09:58 PM

oh man how do you fit yourself in the crv?

ketchup
01-02-2006, 12:35 PM
... after you're paid, then start the Tuesday-night-Brick-through-the-living-room-window ritual.
New Yorkers... :tsk:

brick-thru-the-window is just lowering yourself to something as pathetic as that guy keying all those cars parked outside of his house.

antartican1
01-05-2006, 04:58 PM
The guy that said that he wasn't going to do anything, was at that moment. I voted to beat him to a pulp. But the other guys that voted not to do anything are going to do the brick through the window every tuesday of the month, complete with grafity, and a menacing bullet in the door. Sounds fair. Although I'd prefer to be a bit more personal about the whole situation.

mikey36m3
01-07-2006, 01:06 AM
I actually cought someone trying to steal my m-moldings today, when I was done they pressed charges on me..

Clean325
01-08-2006, 05:08 PM
both

misschrnc
01-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Damn can i pick both? I'm a gurl but i don't care, my new e-90 (no plates yet) just been keyed last week. I would love to see who that was and i'd try my mighty best to beat the crap out of the person that did, cuz obviously the person couldn't tell you in person that they don't like u for some reason and they are probably chicken ****. Anywayz, i'd def. call the cops and later sue the person for damaging the ride cuz it is seriously vandalism.

Dr Greco
01-12-2006, 08:30 AM
oh man how do you fit yourself in the crv?

Well it is the only choice. I call it the "biggest-little-SUV". Anything bigger than a small SUV like a RAV4, CR-V, X-terra, X3 etc. and you cannot make a turn in the narrow roads of Athens. I am not too comfy in there, though. I fit much better in my 2001 325 convertible.

Even medium SUVs (say like trailblazer) are too big and their huge engines make them too expensive (19% sales tax, and yearly registration based on engine size in liters). The minute you go over a 2.00L CR-V, you open a can of worms.

I actually like the CR-V. In its 110,000 km life (70,000 miles) it has only asked for gas and oil. :)

gglekel
01-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Depends how much you are afraid of spending a few nights in a Greek jail. May have to sleep on your back, from what I hear. Other then that, I’d drop him like a bad habit. Not only does it make you feel better, but maybe that will stop him from vandalizing other people’s cars.

tgravo2
01-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Depends how big he/she is.

Dr Greco
01-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Depends how much you are afraid of spending a few nights in a Greek jail. May have to sleep on your back, from what I hear.

Ha ha ha. Well, since the war in the Balkans in the early 90s, the Greek jails are full of "illegal- Albanian-refugees-turned-to-mobsters".

Still better than a Turkish jail, though. You definitelly don't want to drop the soap bar in a Turkish jail :freakdanc

AtrumC
02-14-2006, 11:03 PM
There is nothing you can do that loses you more respect than messing with another persons automobile. People just have no sense of dignity anymore.

DominguesE30
02-27-2006, 03:48 AM
i would, Brake his legs. Key his ass, Absolultly belt the living ****s out of him and then call the cops. Pffffft ass if anyone key my car. Thats is Fcuked

lawman800
03-05-2006, 10:51 PM
I would definitely catch the guy and have him resist arrest while falling down the stairs in a 1 story police station. That being said, there's always surgical amputations of offending digits so that it does not occur again. It's hard to key a car while holding the key in your right foot while balancing on the left foot because you have no arms left. These are the lowest of criminal scum who cannot even commit a real crime. Cowards, the lot of them!

My mom had a brand new 1983 Benz 380SL back in the day and it did not take 1 week for someone to take a key to the doors and trunk just for no reason other than spite. I have no tolerance to such cowards who hate their own lives so much that they have to mess with other people's stuff. Imagine the depths of depravity these losers must live in to commit such acts.

Adonis
03-08-2006, 02:25 PM
I 've had this happen before to my Mazda MX-6. :mad: :mad: :mad: Thank god I'm out of that area with my 530 now. Any way I think I'd catch the ****er, knock him out and get a couple of my friends to help me tie him/her to the back of my car upside down so their hands are on the pavement. then I'd go for a country drive and see if they'd changed there mind about destroying someone else's hard earned expensive property! If they gave me the right answer I'd let 'em go, if not, then it would be time to really get to work!!!!!!!!:mad:

lawman800
03-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Adonis, that sounds like a lot of work. A $10 surplus military machete and one good whack to disconnect the offending hand would solve your problem in 3 seconds.

josh g bmw
03-09-2006, 09:42 AM
i think i would break his other clavical just because i know how it is im 18 years old and my 1982 645 csi turbo got keyed by some other asshole.

viper501
03-19-2006, 11:03 PM
open a laser printer or copier toner cartridge or refill, then pour it inside their car. Or, for the slightly more depraved, into their a/c vents ... :angel:

Adonis
03-20-2006, 10:51 AM
What is with you call the police people? I gues if you see a cat **** on your lawn you call the ASPCA also :eek: :rofl: !!! "Mr officer sir. I cannot believe it "Sylvester" has no manners, He relieved himself on my petunias, please do something about this. Right Now! I would have thrown something at him but that would be inhumane!" PLEASE!!! Man anyone who's keys someone else's vehicle should have their fingertips shot off! One by painful freakin one!!!!:mad:

TexasFF/EMT
03-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Texas fortunately has a concealed handgun license..... need I say more?

fossy
03-29-2006, 11:56 AM
this scum bag would definately have an anniversary every year of the event just to remind him never to do it again, well thats how i feel, but hed probably get police protection from us victims to add irony to the scenareo

JoshL74
04-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Every seen "American History X"? Remember the scene with Edward Norton and the black guy with his teeth on the curb? OUCH! I'm kind of too rational for something so drastic but I'd call the police and act like I was going to kick his ass. I'm sure you could get a lawyer and sue him. Get a real good one and get compensated for emotional, psychological, and other losses associated with time and energy to fix the scratch and time away from work. :)

kaweahnet
04-04-2006, 04:50 PM
I would have beaten him silly after making sure that I would have been able to say that he threw the first punch. i.e. if there were witnesses, I probably would have just called the cops. If my friends were witnesses, it'd be On like Donkey Kong ...

Skinzo
04-06-2006, 02:22 AM
I'd break the **** outa him and then call the cops and tell them he tried to fight back.

topdowndc
04-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Keying isn't the only crime against ones machine. I had someone leaving a parallel parking space slightly, yes just barely scratch the paint, brush my car. I was enraged as they drove away, but let it slide. A week later I was in an Napa Auto Parts parking lot picking up a turn signal bulb and this greasy guy comes up and says he can fix my scratch. I said, "no, thank you." He proceded to take a rubber mallot out as well as some weird iron rod and proceeds to beat on my car. Not only does he make the paint scratch worse but he dents the front quarter panel bad enough that I think it's going to need replacing. I told him I was calling the police and he ran. The Napa people say that people are always hanging out in the parking lot offering to "fix" people's cars. I'm sorry, but if i had a firearm at the time then someone might have been hurt.

cagoguy
04-19-2006, 05:54 PM
One word: CURBY!

And maybe a call to the cops to report that said person bled on your shoe.

-Cago

Kzang
04-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Texas fortunately has a concealed handgun license..... need I say more?

This is the funniest thread ever. 90% of you people saying you would beat the living ^%#$ out of the culprit are liars.

Especially the few people who say they are going to Shoot them with a gun or imply it lol.

Couple of scratches on a car isn't worth life in jail people.

Adonis
04-20-2006, 10:37 AM
I would not shoot anyone for a "petty" crime. I'm not going to jail for something silly. But, make no mistake it is well within the law to defend oneself and one's property. I would absolutely beat the **** out them and they better hope none of my people are around 'cause we all live by the same philosophy. "I WISH a Mother****a would do some ****"!. We don't hope for the best, we are prepared for the worst. I tell you what though. I wish I could take a motha - F*$ka like that and run a wire from my positive post on my battery and strap it to their balls/nips and let them feel the "shock" I feel when I see my car. F**%ing no-life bastards!:mad:

Kzang
04-20-2006, 11:27 AM
I would not shoot anyone for a "petty" crime. I'm not going to jail for something silly. But, make no mistake it is well within the law to defend oneself and one's property. I would absolutely beat the **** out them and they better hope none of my people are around 'cause we all live by the same philosophy. "I WISH a Mother****a would do some ****"!. We don't hope for the best, we are prepared for the worst. I tell you what though. I wish I could take a motha - F*$ka like that and run a wire from my positive post on my battery and strap it to their balls/nips and let them feel the "shock" I feel when I see my car. F**%ing no-life bastards!:mad:

And what if it was a 5 year old girl who did that to your precious car?
Would you electrocute her with your car battery? Or even beat the living crap out of her?

hehe be realistic.

Adonis
04-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Hmmm, I believe you have an interesting point there mi lad. But alas I have an answer indeed! As a father of a two year old and a four year old, I believe this is a resolvable situation!. There's only so much damage a child of such a tender age can do. So I propose that the parents of said "demon", I mean child own up and pay for the damages in full. This is exactly what I would do in the unlikely event that this were my progeny! Now, an unattended child left to his/her own devices develops two problems, bad or lack of parents or weak minded parents prone to forgetfullness. In case two refer to solution above. In case one the "Bad" parents should be subject to my former reply's punishment or, being a ward of the state, the state should pay for my damages. :thumbup: Got more questions? I got more anwers! :bigpimp:

Kzang
04-20-2006, 04:40 PM
:thumbup: Got more questions? I got more anwers! :bigpimp:

Nope LOL now thats a more reasonable and a real answer I would expect other human beings to act in this type of situation. I just thought it was funny with all the I'll beat the living crap out of him, or chop of the hand of the person, I would shoot them dead on sight, etc. etc. was total garbage IF it is in fact what they would do. I assume these people are just kidding or exaggerating excessively.

No one in their right mind would do any of these, unless they don't mind going to prison for a long long time.

Adonis
04-20-2006, 06:51 PM
But you gotta admit, strapping said offender to a telephone pole, and blasting them point blank with a "modified" paintball gun (them having no protective gear of course!), filled with tar...would be way more gratifying than letting your local PD letting them off with a warning!:dunno:

Kzang
04-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Honestly, if someone keyed my car, only thing on my mind is getting it repaired asap without paying out of my pocket. I would hold the person responsible and let the cops deal with them and get my check to get it fixed. Yes I will be :mad: , but being :mad: won't make the damage go away. :)

n pinson
04-28-2006, 06:09 AM
But you gotta admit, strapping said offender to a telephone pole, and blasting them point blank with a "modified" paintball gun (them having no protective gear of course!), filled with tar...would be way more gratifying than letting your local PD letting them off with a warning!:dunno:

:rofl: :rofl:

LOL i could do that one :D

kaweahnet
04-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Honestly, if someone keyed my car, only thing on my mind is getting it repaired asap without paying out of my pocket. I would hold the person responsible and let the cops deal with them and get my check to get it fixed. Yes I will be :mad: , but being :mad: won't make the damage go away. :)

Well said ... I feel similar.

fidozoom
04-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Few years back, my brand new MR-S got stolen 4 months after laucnh and never recovered. The insurance did not pay in full and usually we don't want to get the same car again because of 'bad luck'. So the loss is not just a car but it is a big waste of our time on all those time and energy for making buying decisions, delivery waiting, registration, break-in. I would shoot anyone touches my cars if I have that power to do any possible things outlaw.

When my brand new 600cc sport bike got stolen, I had it replaced by the exact same bike and saved myself 1000$ coz the insurance folks gave me 500$ more than what I paid for the bike and when I bought it again, i was able to negotiate a better deal of 500$ less!

Rainrider
05-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Tempting though it would be to vandalize the vandal; it would be more satisfying long term for the vandal to end up in jail.

Kzang
05-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Tempting though it would be to vandalize the vandal; it would be more satisfying long term for the vandal to end up in jail.

Agreed.

M Style III
05-10-2006, 08:05 PM
I'd put my black belt skills to the test. I do not like to promote violence, however I have been pushed to the limits on more than one occasion...

:beerchug:

Gh0sT
05-24-2006, 03:07 AM
http://s3os.com/bmw/toolkit.jpg

What do you think the toolkit is for...You don't need all of those wrenches...And a pair of pliers...a screwdriver... :bang:

baswally
05-25-2006, 09:35 AM
I WOULD TO THE SAME MAY BE MORE,I would have broke his arms and legs I am only 220lb even if he was 330lb I would find out what he drives and distroy it, arrest would have done nothing to satisfy me. The police ill do nothing in this case but giving me a report case #.

mgusto
06-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I would have taken his key and run it across his face, blown his knee out and as he bent over in agony, kicked in his teeth.

yamato
06-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Depends on who is the vandaler:

If I can overpower the vandaler, I will beat him for sure.

If it was a 2m tall, 200kg person who damaged my vehicle, I would call the cops.

If a hot chick does it, I would start a wrestle with her.

WildKarrde
07-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Meh... I voted on the front page... before reading the situation. I voted Beat him to a pulp.

What I would have done in this situation though, is beat him until he stopped fighting, call the cops, and then beat him till he stopped fighting again after finding out he was gonna be arrested. I don't agree with these liberal morons that say you shouldn't defending your property for risk of being hurt. THEY shouldn't have considered messing with ME for risk of being hurt!

I heard one colleges solution for if you saw a woman being raped in the parking lot was to call security, and leave... knowing it'll take security 15 to 20 minutes to arrive. Security's answer was "she's only being raped, she'll live." :mad: I would shoot the guy before I called security, screw the law. I've found that in most situations police are useless, I've learned to defend myself, and the people around me. If police are on the scene at the time of the crime, I'll let them handle it. Otherwise, there's no way I'll let someone else be hurt while I'm around.

laidback
07-09-2006, 03:45 PM
i broke the guys jaw....

Rockndaddy
07-17-2006, 10:54 AM
This Guy Has Vandalized Two Of My Cars For The Past 6 Years. I Know There Is A Law Of Beating Up Somebody Over The Age Of 65, The Cops Say I Have To Videotape Him While He Is Doing It. Does Anybody Have And Suggestions ON How I Can Fix This Problem. If This Guy Was To Die While I Was Beating Him Up That Would Be Murder. So That's Out. I Mean What The Hell Can I Do To This Guy Without Breaking Major Laws. WE USED TO GO OUT AND DRINK BEER AND WHEN I WAS SEEING THIS GIRL DOWN THE BLOCK HE WANTED TO DO A THREESOME AND I SAID YOU SICK BASTARD NO WAY, THAT AINT HAPPENING, THAT IS WHEN HE STARTED VANDALIZING MY CAR.

Looking For An Answer?

Rockndaddy

AW328i
08-19-2006, 08:51 PM
If the guy see's me see him, I'd get his plate etc. If he doesn't see me and I'm feeling sadistic, I'd follow him home etc, find out where he lives, works, and when we might come in to contact again. Maybe I would befriend him and get closer to him and just when he's left me the keys to his house when he goes on vacation, BAM! party time!!!!!

FlyinM3
09-27-2006, 10:35 AM
I don't know whats more funnier. Seeing you rip this guys head off or a 6'7" (335lbs) man driving a HONDA CRV..

akula57
09-29-2006, 05:05 PM
beating him up? :thumbup:

NSXtoBMW
09-30-2006, 06:05 PM
We do it a lil different here in Texas!!!! I carry my pistol with me everywhere I go. A few years back my girlfriend an I went to the movies in my NSX. I let her drive so when we left the theater and were walking to the car she had the keys and was a bit ahead of me... there was a guy figiting with the HRE rims!!! she said something ( I was laggign behind cuz I was looking at a 360 spider in the lot :thumbup: ) and as I looked up I saw him walk quickly towards her with his hand clasping a wrench. I ran around a van and came up on the side of him with the business end of my HK USP .40 pointed at him temple!!! He dropped the wrench and ran! Legally I could have popped his ass because he was armed and was in the comission of a crime, but I kept my cool and we got out of there after calling the police and reporting it. The rim he was screwing with had to be refinished..... thinking back I should have shot the ****er!!!:mad:

shez
10-06-2006, 07:29 PM
i would beat that person down so hard even i would start crying...

than of course do a insurance fraud and make some money

:bigpimp: Dirty SouTH H=ToWN

NSXtoBMW
10-06-2006, 09:28 PM
i would beat that person down so hard even i would start crying...

than of course do a insurance fraud and make some money

:bigpimp: Dirty SouTH H=ToWN

hahahahaha....
Represent the Dirty 3rd!!!!

crashtest22
10-10-2006, 05:37 PM
beat him up and its harder to get insurance to cover I would guess. looks bad on the police report to that you have to make for insurance

Marcellus
10-20-2006, 05:35 PM
The fact that it was out-of-country makes it tricky in my book. I try my best to behave when out of the USA. Don't trust other legal systems and treatment of Americans.

fotios
11-27-2006, 06:49 PM
:) If you beat him to a pulp you'll be the one getting arrested and you will have to pay for the paint. Pay close attention to info, find him and then beat him to pulp.

black99bimmer
11-27-2006, 07:11 PM
this is exactly why i have a ccw. big surprise to a vandal when they turn around to see a sig 226 pointed at there noodle. they tend to stop real quick. then let the cops beat em down. there good at that now a days.

550iGuy
01-08-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure about the laws in Athens, but here in the US that a$$hole might have tried to counter-sue for assault. In the US any citizen is allowed to "arrest" (detain) another that is caught comitting a crime. The question is: would one risk bodily injury here (who knows what the person is carrying--a gun/knife?) to stop the guy. If he appeared to be unarmed, it could be a risk to take to apprehend him until the cops arrive, but the absolute best thing that anyone could do is to get photographic proof (or a video) of him keying the car. That's the first thing any judge here would ask for, and should easily win a suit against the guy.

I hope cntlaw was being humorous... the use of deadly force if someone is against the law unless you are in danger of extreme physical harm... so you'd have the say the guy was stealing your car and tried to run you over (assault with a deadly weapon) in the process, then you could shoot him ;-)

ZeroG
01-29-2007, 09:14 AM

That is awesome that you broke his clavical. That is the least that I would have done... Both his legs sounds a little more fitting to me, but whatever...

I would call it even after that!

CharlesAFerg
01-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Is that a raincoat?
Yes it is!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/CharlesAFerg/paulallenscene.jpg

Gentlemen, cross your I's and dot your T's.
Have you ever felt utterly insane?
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6145/bbbale4ku.jpg

shizzle.

jetgreencoupe
02-02-2007, 08:00 AM
First I call the police and have him arrested, fined, pay for the damages, and then I beat him to a pulp. Max the damage!

PowerTech
03-04-2007, 01:09 PM
If it happens where no witnesses around.. Grab him, blindfold him, duct tape his mouth and chain him to a nearby tree/post (make sure its hard to get him free.. use padlock from ur gym bag if you have to.. then throw the key away) .. strip him to his undies (throw away the clothes if you have to) and put a sign "I've vandalized cars, please do whatever you want with me" then leave him.. call your insurance company later for the damage :angel:

Double-S
03-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Is that a raincoat?
Yes it is!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/CharlesAFerg/paulallenscene.jpg

Gentlemen, cross your I's and dot your T's.
Have you ever felt utterly insane?
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6145/bbbale4ku.jpg

shizzle.
:rofl: :rofl:

cwsqbm
04-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Well, my truck that I let my mom drives got keyed last week. They got three of four doors, and one rear fender. It wouldn't be so annoying if it hadn't just been repainted a month ago from when my mom scratched it on a mailbox backing out of a driveway.

Swift
04-25-2007, 03:31 PM
I'd certainly punish the culprit a little until he pleads for me to call the cops.

eyi760
06-27-2007, 03:52 AM
Curb Stomp!!!!!

dihedral
06-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Well, my truck that I let my mom drives got keyed last week. They got three of four doors, and one rear fender. It wouldn't be so annoying if it hadn't just been repainted a month ago from when my mom scratched it on a mailbox backing out of a driveway.

Sounds like you are eligible for a bulk price discount on paint. Hopefully a discount from painter also.

tedm
08-11-2007, 09:55 PM
He would have been cut pretty bad. BMW isn't the only German metal I'm fond of. I'd tell the cops I thought he was coming at me and I got scared and defended myself. Teach that sonofabitch what scratching something is all about.

riod007
07-31-2008, 03:02 AM
Grab my bat from the trunk... i am Italian... ahaha
:flame:

E39Freak
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I would rather beat him to a pulp THEN call the cops before I leave the scene lol

turner23
10-15-2008, 04:36 PM
And what if it was a 5 year old girl who did that to your precious car?
Would you electrocute her with your car battery? Or even beat the living crap out of her?

hehe be realistic.

Understand that retaliation is carried out as a result of the vandal's intent, not simply their crime. Highly unlikely a 5 year old girl would maliciously vandalize one's car, but would more likely damage the car on accident. The difference is that this asshole scratched the CR-V on purpose because he had penis-envy, or something. This guy is nothing more than an under-developed primate who doesn't deserve to live in the world of civilization where humans have respect for one another. He's so chicken $hit to damage your property rather than deal with his issues like a NORMAL human being, he clearly demonstrates extreme mental deficiency.

I agree with the majority here, if I saw someone intentionally vandalizing my property, I would act with enough force to make sure they didn't EVER do it again. In the good ol' days, people who committed crimes had appendices cut from their body setting an example to the public, and ensuring the vandal would NEVER repeat his act...If someone keys your car, I think they should lose a hand.

I'm curious though, (CR-V OWNER), when you settled with the vandal, did you ask him what the f*ck he was thinking? What was he trying to achieve by keying your car?

I hate assholes!

PhilipWOT
10-16-2008, 12:36 PM

+1
In Georgia, you can legally shoot someone to protect your property, and I fully intend to do so if I ever catch someone keying my car.

PhilipWOT
10-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Grab my Glock from the glovebox... i am Italian... ahaha
:flame:

fixed. :thumbup:

riod007
10-16-2008, 04:56 PM
fixed. :thumbup:

Nah... there is nothing like busting the skull of the vandal with a good old fashiond louisville slugger

Perhaps a 2X4 with a nail threw it would suffice :thumbup:
:bang::flame::behead::violent:

http://www.jksportsinc.com/jksports/Images/products/main/MLBC243G-2.jpg

e36m34life
10-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I am a vandals worst nightmare.....that is all. :)

ThreeTwoFive
10-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Beat his ass, KO, then call the police.

Dj Nayshun
08-16-2009, 02:29 PM
I'll gauge his eyes out with a dull butter knife and cut his nuts. No one touches my bmer! :D

bcbp14
12-08-2009, 09:11 PM

HAHAHAH I love this you made my night thank you so much!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao::spank::supdude::supdude::wow::w ow:

Missmodena310
12-09-2009, 01:24 AM
+1
In Georgia, you can legally shoot someone to protect your property, and I fully intend to do so if I ever catch someone keying my car.

I need to move to georgia

karenluvsherbmw
04-29-2010, 06:29 PM
The only reason I didn't choose beat him to a bloddy pulp is because I'm not too strong (ok, I have problems lifting my 23.5 pound toddler for more than 5 minutes)

ivyleeger
08-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Seeing as we have concealed carry laws here in North Carolina.............

m shark
10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I actually keyed a guys car badly when I was 20. It happened at a busy shopping mall. As I was backing up to park my car, a guy just suddenly rushed in my parking spot head first, got out of his car and said, "Sorry dude, I'm late!" I replied, "That's still no excuse do you know that?" The guy then said, "Then sue me!"

I would have been ok if he apologized and maybe gave me some BS story about how he is behind on his house payments and can't afford to be fired or some **** like that.

But no!

So I got irked and about after 5 mins, I got my pocket knife and ****ed up the driver side of his car real bad.

I feel bad about it come to think of it, but every time I remember his tone of voice, I actually feel so good! Even until now.

sexy_roman21
10-12-2010, 01:25 PM
C'mon guys why some much hate?

i had my bimmer keyed twice, screawmed ant the guy made some threats make him soil himself
no need to bring out the glocks or the lousville sluggers.
you can get in trouble even for waving a gun around.

SFT540i6
12-10-2011, 11:51 PM
I voted for "beat him to a pulp" but I would actually just place two very well aimed shots from my .45 1911 into his chest. Of course I'd have my unregistered throw-away gun on stand by just in case he didn't already have a one.

mujjuman
12-11-2011, 02:14 AM
I would have called the cops after tackling him. But in America he could prob sue you lol.

Flyingman
01-12-2012, 04:42 AM
Hmmm, I'm from New Orleans. How many cops would it take to push him down a flight of stairs? Answer: "Man, he tripped and fell!"

pistolpuma
01-12-2012, 05:10 AM
What's with the 16 that voted to leave the scene? Explain yourselves...please.:confused:

cwsqbm
01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
C'mon guys why some much hate?

i had my bimmer keyed twice, screawmed ant the guy made some threats make him soil himself
no need to bring out the glocks or the lousville sluggers.
you can get in trouble even for waving a gun around.

Why the hate? Its not that I love my car that much - its just a car. However, I've had to pay to have the doors and fender repainted on my truck when some kids decided to key both sides of it for no apparent reason. It wasn't cheap at the time, plus cost me when I sold it too (since the dealer could tell it had been repainted). How much would hurt someone that stole a couple thousand dollars from you? Kill, no, but a broken limb sounds fair.

JCV
08-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Let the cops deal with it

BMWFatherFigure
10-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Restrain him firmly (Oh did I break that?) until the police arrive. Get him in court and get restitution for the damage. Voted for Beat him to a pulp. I once left a friend to walk after he slammed my doors. He understood and is still a friend.

Dave 330i
10-30-2012, 07:46 AM
In TX, shoot him. No grand jury will prosecute you. :rolleyes: