PDA

View Full Version : No Nav without Premium Package for 2006 M3?

Lori
07-26-2005, 02:45 PM
I've been told that a new stipulation for 2006 M3 is to get navigation you must order it with premium package. Also no leather without premium package.

I have now been informed that you can still get these options without having to get Premium package. I wish I new for sure. :dunno:

e36M3r
07-26-2005, 06:20 PM
I've been told that a new stipulation for 2006 M3 is to get navigation you must order it with premium package. Also no leather without premium package.

Sounds suspicious. I would not believe either. Nav has nothing to do with PP. Doubt the leather bit. BMW should announce the any availability of an 06 and pricing / options soon, so we will know for sure what the situation is and wont have to speculate.

Lori
07-26-2005, 06:38 PM
I edited my first post because the information I recieved about the nav=pp=leather was wrong.

TD330ci
07-26-2005, 08:35 PM

I have now been informed that you can still get these options without having to get Premium package. I wish I new for sure. :dunno:

Whats you concern Lori, you already have your car? :dunno:

Lori
07-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I always try to stay up on current events.

damills
07-28-2005, 06:40 PM

Lori

Are you trading your 05 Competition Package?

Lori
07-29-2005, 09:28 AM
I doubt it. My car is pretty awsome and with no changes for 06 I don't see the point really. Then again I could always decide to give SMG a try.

MY2NDM3
07-29-2005, 12:43 PM

My 2005 ZCP was ordered without the PP or Leather. I don't like Leather seats or the sun roof. I loved the Leather/Cloth seats on my first E46 M3. I've getting the NAV as well. Going forward the 2006 is going to cost a lot more. The MSRP has increased by $1600, but some items like Lumbar are standard. It sucks for those who like the NAV, but don't want the PP. Now they have to take the PP to get the NAV :dunno:

Cheers

Lori
07-29-2005, 12:49 PM
My 2005 ZCP was ordered without the PP or Leather. I don't like Leather seats or the sun roof. I loved the Leather/Cloth seats on my first E46 M3. I've getting the NAV as well. Going forward the 2006 is going to cost a lot more. The MSRP has increased by $1600, but some items like Lumbar are standard. It sucks for those who like the NAV, but don't want the PP. Now they have to take the PP to get the NAV :dunno:

Cheers

I don't think you have to get pp to get nav. I was misinformed about that. I don't think lumbar is standard on the coupe either.

bimmerguy
07-29-2005, 01:05 PM
SMG is a blast! You need the NAV to get assist and bluetooth on the ZCP.

Lori
07-29-2005, 01:20 PM
SMG is a blast!

Can you still chirp the tires in second gear. Do you still feel involved in the driving?

bimmerguy
07-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Just go test drive one.....Its a very personal thing as to whether you like it or not.

I never want to drive stick again... distracting and I like having both hands on the wheel, when I need to. SMG is one of the best things out of BMW ever.

Lori
07-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Ya, ya I know. I should test drive one, but I need to find a used one to drive so I can really feel the spirit of the car.
Thanks.

jrp
07-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Can you still chirp the tires in second gear. Do you still feel involved in the driving?
I have one of each....

Yes, you can still chirp going into 2nd...

SMG, depending on my mood, can be more fun at high speeds...you must try cruising at around 65 mph in 6th, double-clicking down to 4th and flooring it. I'm not good enough to match that in my 3-pedal car. :rofl:

I think it is in "normal around town" (25-40 mph) where SMG is not very enjoyable and can feel a lot less involving.

Lori
07-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Do you have many problems with the SMG?

bimmerguy
07-29-2005, 03:16 PM
I have one of each....

Yes, you can still chirp going into 2nd...

SMG, depending on my mood, can be more fun at high speeds...you must try cruising at around 65 mph in 6th, double-clicking down to 4th and flooring it. I'm not good enough to match that in my 3-pedal car. :rofl:

I think it is in "normal around town" (25-40 mph) where SMG is not very enjoyable and can feel a lot less involving.

Hmm..... let me guess, two red M3s, pic of cars in Roundel ? His and Hers?

jrp
07-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Do you have many problems with the SMG?
Too early to tell as the SMG car has less than 10k miles on it...SMG is far more willing than I am to dump the clutch and slam through the gears...quite vicious in doing so...but that's what puts a smile on my face.

:D

jrp
07-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Guilty, :hi: .

Wingboot
07-30-2005, 04:25 PM

What issue (month)? :)

bimmerguy
07-31-2005, 08:51 AM
What issue (month)? :)

Don't remember, it was awhile back.....maybe Mr. twin imola M3s could help us out :)