PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the German cars

VwROOM
07-28-2005, 01:47 AM
So I Currently own a 02 GTI 1.8T, 5sp, matchstick red. Ive talked to some kid about trading for his 96 Dark Green? M3 with the white and grey leather interior. Now im skeptical about the trade, which car would most enjoy i know its dumb to ask on a BMW forum tho. Does anyone have any pics of the Dark Green color? I prefer silver, yellow, blue or white, but this is a good deal in a way. Whats the main diffrences between the 96 and 98-99s besides 3 spoke wheel and rear headrest, any imput would help alot thanks again.

dinan540i
07-29-2005, 12:52 PM
So I Currently own a 02 GTI 1.8T, 5sp, matchstick red. Ive talked to some kid about trading for his 96 Dark Green? M3 with the white and grey leather interior. Now im skeptical about the trade, which car would most enjoy i know its dumb to ask on a BMW forum tho. Does anyone have any pics of the Dark Green color? I prefer silver, yellow, blue or white, but this is a good deal in a way. Whats the main diffrences between the 96 and 98-99s besides 3 spoke wheel and rear headrest, any imput would help alot thanks again.

Definetily the m3, its a lot more fun to drive.

love36
08-20-2005, 11:30 AM
wow it shouldnt even be a question. my drove both cars and the M is just a better car. you get more people to look at you and there faster than anything. Plus bmw are just tight

someguy
09-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Being a VW guy myself I'd have to say the bond between someone and their VW is something special....just look at waterfest......I miss my MKIII turbo vento 2.0 and honestly would rather have it then my M3 which is a very nice car....it's just different, BMW owners don't seem to have the same passion as a typical VW guy....I'm sure you know what I'm talking about Vwroom. Plus if you've got the 1.8t you can pull some amazing numbers in HP plus they handle great. My buddy has a chipped 1.8t and I scca his car and got better times in it then I did with my M3....and he has stock suspension. It felt easier to drive. Honestly I'd stay with the VW....just my opinion though...not trying to make people upset.....plus they are cheaper to mod

Vbp6us
09-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah the relationship an owner has with a VW is a love/hate relationship. I had a MKIII Vr6 and it was a love hate, more of the latter. :(

I sold her and haven't bought anything yet. I am looking for an M3 too.

As for your question, the M3 should be faster/better experience than the 1.8t. 240 > 180 hp.