PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth/V710: Sound Out, But No Sound In

mbetsy
07-28-2005, 05:34 PM
2005 BMW 330Ci with BMW Assist & Bluetooth. Car also has iPod aux jack, dealer installed. Bought a Verizon V710 to go with it. "Paired" with no problem. Phonebook & steering wheel controls work no problem. However, only my phone itself rings (i.e. not through car speakers). More troublesome is that people can hear me talking during the call but I hear absolutely nothing in the car (though the stereo mutes as it's supposed to when calling or receiving a call).

I found "Fixing no Audio with Bluetooth Install on e53 and e39" in this forum but that was for a different phone/BT system.

Any ideas?

rbriber
07-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Check your phone firmware:
Menu button -> phone info -> Other information -> S/W version

You want 8700_01.40.0R for use with '05 Bluetooth/Assist combined unit.
Verizon will update the firmware for you if you have an older version (which would probably be: 8700_01.30.8F).

If you have a retrofit bluetooth module, my experience is you do NOT want this upgraded firmware, it will cause problems.

mbetsy
07-28-2005, 09:15 PM
I checked that before buying the phone on a BMW site. The phone has that version (I also checked it on the phone itself). It is a factory installed BT/BMW Assist.

rbriber
07-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Try a master reset on the phone. This fixed BT problems I was having with my phone. Master reset should not wipe your phone numbers, ringtones or pics, etc. from the phone. It will wipe any changes you have made to the default settings (ringtones, menu order, home screen).

Master clear wipes all data (phone numbers, ringtones, pics, etc.).

Either way, I would back the phone book up on a PC first with Motorola Phone Tools if you have it.

- R

mbetsy
08-01-2005, 06:37 PM
No Luck with the "Master Clear" of the V710. Still not a peep out of the speakers, though whoever I call hears me loud and clear.

obmd1
08-01-2005, 06:41 PM
does it work with other bluetooth accessories, like a headset? Sounds like there is a volume control somewhere we're missing (in the car)

mbetsy
08-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Took BMW into dealership. They messed with it when installing my stereo Aux for my iPod. Remedied. Car now works perfect with Verizon V710.

Thanks to responders for their time and interest.