PDA

View Full Version : E28 advice

bh330ci
08-13-2002, 03:47 PM
I'm considering the purchase of a high mileage 1983 528e as a second car and need some help. The seller uses it as an every day driver and genuinely seems to be thrilled with the car. He is the second owner and from what I can see has maintained it pretty well.

The thing is, he himself said I would probably need to do some brake work soon and I was wondering if anyone had experience with either prices for brake work on such a car and/or with doing the work themselves.

I'm going under the assumption that it would be just a pad(maybe rotor) job, but as is probably obvious, I'm pretty clueless with brakes in general and certainly on this particular car. I've done some low to medium level work on my 330ci, the most difficult of which was a short shift kit(I realize not that difficult) and wouldn't mind doing the work if I could. Anyway, sorry for length of the post. All advice appreciated.:)

bh330ci
08-16-2002, 09:22 PM
In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone? ...the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone?