PDA

View Full Version : What I am looking for ?

Chupracabre
07-30-2005, 07:21 AM
OK I have a 04 325 (E46).
This is prewired for CD Changer, Cellphone,etc.

It is my intent to create an IBUS interface and add a carputer in the trunk.

Yesterday I took out my left tail light, pulled back the fabric and pulled out a wire bundle all nicely wrapped from inside the quarter panel.

This bundle produced 2 connectors, both square.

SO my questions are this.

1) Where are RCA Jacks - if any?
2) I thought there should be a round DIN connector?
3) Of the two connectors I know 1 is the I-BUS, is the other for Audio ?

Here are some pics of the junk in my trunk.

After I removed the cover I see this rack.

On the top is something interesting. I assume TCU ? what is the other connector ?
You can't see it from the pics but mounted vertically and behind the rack is another componet - what is that ?

Basically in generally can anyone identify these items for me ?

Thanks,

Chup :eeps:

e46aloha
07-31-2005, 06:35 PM
While I can't answer all of your questions, I thought I'd share my recent experience while installing an Icelink Plus in my trunk. After pulling away the carpeting and where that plastic shelf unit is on the left of the trunk, there was a bundle of wires as you said all wrapped up, just sitting there. So I thought oh that was easy, but then discoverd none of those were the correct ones. I had to reach my hand up behind that plastic shelf and fish around until I found another bundle that was tucked up behind there. I have an 03 325i sedan, so I don't know if the 04 is the same but you may want to hunt around to see of there is another bunch of wires up in there somewhere. Good luck!

ObD
07-31-2005, 08:19 PM
The silver box is the TCU.

The black vertical box is the stereo amplifier.

The CD changer cabling is what you are looking for. It consists of 2 wires: a 3 pin power connector (black, white wire - I-bus) and a 6 pin data connector (black). There are generally two bundles. The bigger one contains the connections for the BMW phone. The smaller bundle contains the CD changer wiring.

Chupracabre
07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
While I can't answer all of your questions, I thought I'd share my recent experience while installing an Icelink Plus in my trunk. After pulling away the carpeting and where that plastic shelf unit is on the left of the trunk, there was a bundle of wires as you said all wrapped up, just sitting there. So I thought oh that was easy, but then discoverd none of those were the correct ones. I had to reach my hand up behind that plastic shelf and fish around until I found another bundle that was tucked up behind there. I have an 03 325i sedan, so I don't know if the 04 is the same but you may want to hunt around to see of there is another bunch of wires up in there somewhere. Good luck!

OK, all is good then.

To e46aloha - my guess is the first set of wires was for the phone. I have assist and I am betting those were all ready connected on my setup.

Thanks guys for the confirmation.

I am ordering an IBUS adpater to hook in my laptop.
There are good pin out doc on the Hack-the-IBus group. You have to search through most of the project .pdfs to get all the pin out info.
(If anyone is interested) :bigpimp: