PDA

View Full Version : 2002 E46 M3 "Raspy exaust noise" Any suggestions?

bart jefferson
08-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Howdy & hope all is fine with you all. Does anyone know how to tame the "raspy sound" from the exaust note? I am looking at the UUC RASP-X midpipe replacement http://www.uucmotorwerks.com but have heard that replacing the stock & adding a second resonator might tame the "raspy/buzzy" sound. Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks in advance & happy motoring to all! :dunno:

TD330ci
08-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Howdy & hope all is fine with you all. Does anyone know how to tame the "raspy sound" from the exaust note? I am looking at the UUC RASP-X midpipe replacement http://www.uucmotorwerks.com but have heard that replacing the stock & adding a second resonator might tame the "raspy/buzzy" sound. Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks in advance & happy motoring to all! :dunno:

Hey Bart,

Sorry not on topic, but I just wanted to say hi to another Marin resident.

Btw, I like the rasp. :p

bart jefferson
08-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Hi to you, too. Nice fleet U have! Maybe I need a support group for the exhaust thing - the M is new to me so I'm just not used to it, I guess. Just brought home from Sonnan last Friday. Now I love to go out to Rancho for dinner.
I might see Bill Arnold about the GC sway bars, but that would be the only change I think. Happy Motoring!

TD330ci
08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Hi to you, too. Nice fleet U have! Maybe I need a support group for the exhaust thing - the M is new to me so I'm just not used to it, I guess. Just brought home from Sonnan last Friday. Now I love to go out to Rancho for dinner.
I might see Bill Arnold about the GC sway bars, but that would be the only change I think. Happy Motoring!

Haha yeah nice drive!! I got mine at Sonnen as well. Nice guys. I have been going there for years.

UUC sway's definetly helped on my old 330. I am currently happy with the cars handling but I am not even past break in yet. We will see after a few thousand miles. :p

Happy motoring to you as well. Maybe see you out there.

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-02-2005, 07:50 AM
GC sways are not recommended for anyone who will drive in the winter, or for those who are finicky about noise. They are narrow focus parts that are not really meant for casual street users.

Riuster
08-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Question is PRICE and WEIGHT

I have an AA exhuast, heavy but lighter than stock, and it makes a kick ass sound, and on top of that I installed a front mid pipe supersprint, louder, meaner and it roars like no tomorrow.

www.klangford.com

take a look at that site and you see video clips of different mufflers and set ups.

bart jefferson
08-02-2005, 01:05 PM
TD330ci: Good to see your sways helped. I agree stock is very good at 40K mi. If sways can save our bacon in a corner then IMO they sure are worth it.

NICK325xiT 5spd: Hopefully we will never leave Calif. Thanks for the heads up on the added noice.

Riuster: Sweet ride - thanks for the links!

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-02-2005, 01:11 PM
TD330ci: Good to see your sways helped. I agree stock is very good at 40K mi. If sways can save our bacon in a corner then IMO they sure are worth it.

NICK325xiT 5spd: Hopefully we will never leave Calif. Thanks for the heads up on the added noice.

Riuster: Sweet ride - thanks for the links!
The GC sways are still race car parts. COnsider the Eibachs or the H&R/Turners for your application.

bart jefferson
08-02-2005, 01:25 PM
OK Roger that, Nick - I copy. I'll research the Eibachs, liked 'em before. I will def. get the TCKR units. Very reasonable. Thanks

johnw
08-21-2005, 07:19 AM
I tried the UCC, terrible fit, terrible sound....had to return it, luckily to get my money back. Lesson learned $100 shipping both ways, and $300 put on/replace original equipment. Will try RE pipe on my '06, have seen good reviews on this setup.