PDA

View Full Version : Tint question and sport button question

Stephen03
08-02-2005, 08:38 AM
I have an alpine white '01 M3 with grey interior....I am getting my tints done with either 20% or 10% all around, excluding windshield. Id rather the windows looking darker than lighter and I was hoping to get 15%, right in the middle, but noone does that.... Any comments on which one to go with?

Also, I drive with my sports button on all the time because I really like the feel and response of the car with it on rather than with it off. If I drive with it on all of the time, will the car lose power at all? Or does it make no difference?

bren
08-02-2005, 09:14 AM
The sport button just remaps the electronic throttle....it has nothing to do with making (or losing) power.

Kicbax
08-08-2005, 09:18 PM
I just got my tints done about a week or so ago. I opted for 35% all the way around(little lighter than what you were talking) but it looks dark and I have no complaints. The 20% tint I think is really dark but by the same token looks sharp(I would have opted for that, but tints on the front are illegal here in IL. I think 10% may be a little to dark. 20% will be dark, look sharp, yet still be classy. But I digress.

SofaKing
08-16-2005, 12:26 PM
I did 25% (quatum brand tint) looks light from the inside dark from the outside I have gotton many compliments on it. Thanks to the tint guy he made the recomendation.

plastique999
09-07-2005, 09:44 PM
I have Carbon black on black and tinted with 15% Llumar all around (except front windshield)...it's perfect for me....

InterlagoAsanti
09-17-2005, 10:05 PM
My friend ive an alpine white e36 //m3 and i just ordered the beast below . . .

Dark tint on your car (as you will see) is all about contrast. either way you go it'll look darker than on any other car due to the alpine body color. most importantly its gonna look goooood

:thumbup:

Cowboy Bebop
09-18-2005, 07:04 AM
IIRC, NY has some pretty severe tint laws and I am always reading that some peep there has been busted for illegal tint... more so that anyother place it seems.
the sport button is just a party trick - use it to your hearts content, won't damage/change anything other than the mapping.