PDA

View Full Version : LG VX8100 and BMW bluetooth?

CGXi
08-02-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm thinking of buying the new LG VX8100 with bluetooth and wondering if anyone has paired this phone with thier car or has heard how the pairng is between BMW bluetooth and the VX8100?

jwhayes1
08-15-2005, 07:08 PM
The LG VX8100 is a great phone but it doesn't completely intergrate into the E90 phone system. It will pair with the car, but it won't let you download your phone book into the system. It also won't let you give voice commands through the speaker phone to the phone using the phone's voice command system. You can still use the car's voice command system to dial numbers or access the car's phone book (if you enter numbers into the car's phone book).

I hope this helps.
Jeff

evillebimmer
09-14-2005, 11:22 AM
:dunno: I have the LG VX8100 and an '06 330i with Nav system. I can't get the car or the phone to recognize each other. My service provider is Verizon, and I understand that they disabled some bluetooth features as well as other features (i.e MP3player) to make money on their GET IT NOW. I'm going to go get the software update for the phone. Supposedly, it enables some features of the MP3 player and I'll see if it helps the Bluetooth out, too.