PDA

View Full Version : M3 Bluetooth Pairing

sbritton
08-02-2005, 01:28 PM
I was wondering what the Bluetooth pairing process is for a 2005 M3 with Navigation (obviously no I-Drive). I don't see anything in the owner's manual that talks about how to do this.

When I tried it adhoc, my phone sees the car, but asks for a PIN...I just entered a random number, but that didn't work. Now the phone doesn't give me an opportunity to enter a new code.

Does each car come with a unique code? If so, where do I find it?

Is there someplace on the Navigation menus that allows me to enter a code?

If someone has some directions on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

bart jefferson
08-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Try 0000 code. Hold the headset button until it lights up solid. If no go see the dealer. Good Luck!

dawgbone
08-02-2005, 01:49 PM
I was wondering what the Bluetooth pairing process is for a 2005 M3 with Navigation (obviously no I-Drive). I don't see anything in the owner's manual that talks about how to do this.

When I tried it adhoc, my phone sees the car, but asks for a PIN...I just entered a random number, but that didn't work. Now the phone doesn't give me an opportunity to enter a new code.

Does each car come with a unique code? If so, where do I find it?

Is there someplace on the Navigation menus that allows me to enter a code?

If someone has some directions on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

Yes each car has a specific code to be entered...The dealership should have given you a white 4x6 card that will have your code typed out on the white label of the card..They failed to give me the card as well upon picking the car up..just call them and ask for it, unless you find it somewhere in you paperwork...

Enable the option to trust that connection with the car, if not, you have to agree to connect everytime you get in the car by means of the phone...

bart jefferson
08-02-2005, 01:50 PM
My last post was inc. pls. ignore.
There should be a seperate manual for the NAV & radio.
You are lucky to have one of the last years E46 will be made.
Sonnen Marin said they will change for 2007.

sbritton
08-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Yep...no card was included in the car. I guess they forgot...though I don't know why it would have been removed.

The Navigation manual does not say anything about the phone functions other than it is a different manual...which also wasn't included.

Technic
08-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Yep...no card was included in the car. I guess they forgot...though I don't know why it would have been removed.

The Navigation manual does not say anything about the phone functions other than it is a different manual...which also wasn't included.

If you do not want to go to the dealer anytime soon, your car's pairing code is printed on the label of the Assist TCU in the trunk:

http://www.bimmernav.com/images/assist006.jpg

... look for a 4 digit code printed somewhere in the manufacturer's label of that silver box in the left side of your trunk, behind the liner door.

daytonaviolet
08-11-2005, 01:58 PM
If you do not want to go to the dealer anytime soon, your car's pairing code is printed on the label of the Assist TCU in the trunk:

http://www.bimmernav.com/images/assist006.jpg

... look for a 4 digit code printed somewhere in the manufacturer's label of that silver box in the left side of your trunk, behind the liner door.

yes this is correct. but the sticker is removable and the dealer/installer is suppose to apply that sticker on the BlueTooth card.