PDA

View Full Version : Yet another dumb@ss with a Bluetooth question...

MMMM_ERT
08-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Thought that title would make a more "openable" thread. :D I've searched and searched but cannot find an answer to this.

I have an 02 E39 but it was built 10/01. I do not have the phone option, but says it is pre-wired for BMW phone.

I see upgrade kits are available...but do you need to have the factory phone option already for these upgrade kits to work? (I realize I also need a BT compatible phone)

I guess I'm asking...what do I need to upgrade to Bluetooth if my car didn't come with a phone originally?

Thanks so much for any help.

:thumbup:

JSpira
08-02-2005, 08:30 PM
I have an 02 E39 but it was built 10/01. I do not have the phone option, but says it is pre-wired for BMW phone.

:thumbup:

BMW now makes retrofit Bluetooth kits for older E39s, mfr'd after 01.2000.

Hence, any dealer can supply this.

MMMM_ERT
08-03-2005, 10:33 AM
BMW now makes retrofit Bluetooth kits for older E39s, mfr'd after 01.2000.

Hence, any dealer can supply this.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Any official links or info? Nothing comes up under a search. I'd like to research it before I call the dealer.

JSpira
08-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks. :thumbup:

Any official links or info? Nothing comes up under a search. I'd like to research it before I call the dealer.
For online, try the Crevier parts counter on Roadfly. They have decent prices also.

MMMM_ERT
08-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Done.

...and thanks again Jonathan. :bigpimp:

JSpira
08-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Done.

...and thanks again Jonathan. :bigpimp:

You're welcome. Let me know how the install goes.

For more background on BMW Bluetooth, you can also consult several of my articles in the Roundel (June 2003, June 2004, March 2005) if you wish.

MMMM_ERT
08-03-2005, 02:03 PM
I will look up the articles, I've been a BMWCCA member for about 14 months so I have at least one of those issues :thumbup:

Unfortunetely, I got a response from Vaheh at Crevier that the modules are not available.

The retro-kit is available and its about $220.00 :thumbup:

Whats the deal with the unavailable modules? :dunno:

JSpira
08-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I will look up the articles, I've been a BMWCCA member for about 14 months so I have at least one of those issues :thumbup:

Unfortunetely, I got a response from Vaheh at Crevier that the modules are not available.

The retro-kit is available and its about $220.00 :thumbup:

Whats the deal with the unavailable modules? :dunno:
By module, do you mean the ULF? Please clarify.

MMMM_ERT
08-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Unsure on the ULF...this is Vahehs response.

"You need a bt module and install kit, unfortunately there are no modules available and install kits are 220."

I mentioned that I have a 10/01 build and I am pre-wired for BMW phone (according to the plug/button in the trunk).

JSpira
08-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Unsure on the ULF...this is Vahehs response.

"You need a bt module and install kit, unfortunately there are no modules available and install kits are 220."

I mentioned that I have a 10/01 build and I am pre-wired for BMW phone (according to the plug/button in the trunk).

That would be the ULF. I suggest asking him for an ETA. If he can't get them, they might be temporarily out of stock nationwide.

bscarlett
08-03-2005, 02:29 PM
I got the most recent version ULF from Advanced Autovations when everyone else was out of stock. Give them a try at http://www.advancedautovations.com/

MMMM_ERT
08-03-2005, 02:44 PM
I got the most recent version ULF from Advanced Autovations when everyone else was out of stock. Give them a try at http://www.advancedautovations.com/

Thanks...I checked out the site and only see full kits. I will try to contact them to see if they have just the modules. Any idea for ballpark cost of the ULF?