PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer CD Changer Problem

robramos1969
08-06-2005, 04:35 AM
I am baffled by my problem. I recently bought a Bimmer from My brother and the Pioneer CD player does not play. I can put the cd magazine into the changer and the player acts and sounds as if it is doing something but when I press the cd button on the stereo, it reads "CD-". That's it. When I got the car last month my brother, whodrove it out to me had his own 6 cds in the changer, and they were playing fine for 2-3 days but when I put mine in, nothing. The cds are put in properly and they are store bought, not burned cd-r's. As i said, the player has power and it accepts and ejects the changer fine and the cd's seem to cycle through while in the player. All else about the stereo is fine. WHAT COULD BE WRONG. PLEASE HELP.

SRFast
08-06-2005, 07:29 PM
I am baffled by my problem. I recently bought a Bimmer from My brother and the Pioneer CD player does not play. I can put the cd magazine into the changer and the player acts and sounds as if it is doing something but when I press the cd button on the stereo, it reads "CD-". That's it. When I got the car last month my brother, whodrove it out to me had his own 6 cds in the changer, and they were playing fine for 2-3 days but when I put mine in, nothing. The cds are put in properly and they are store bought, not burned cd-r's. As i said, the player has power and it accepts and ejects the changer fine and the cd's seem to cycle through while in the player. All else about the stereo is fine. WHAT COULD BE WRONG. PLEASE HELP.

Are you using the same CD changer magazine that your brother used? If you are, try disconnecting the wiring harness and reconnect it ensuring the connector is fully seated. If you are using a different magazine, try a different one.

Hope this helps....JL