PDA

View Full Version : Ipod connection for 2005 3-Series

edbrown1
08-06-2005, 11:25 AM
I just bought a new 330CI conv.
I asked the dealer to install the ipod adaptor.
Instead they installed an auxiliary connection and are saying that you cannot connect an ipod with the Harman Kardon Premium Sound system that is installed as standard.
Is this correct, is there no way to connect my iPod to the system?
I wanted to be able to use the controls on the steering wheel to control the ipod, but I don't think that will work if I just connect it to the AUX input they've installed.
Thanks in advance.

el_duderino
08-06-2005, 06:42 PM
I just bought a new 330CI conv.
I asked the dealer to install the ipod adaptor.
Instead they installed an auxiliary connection and are saying that you cannot connect an ipod with the Harman Kardon Premium Sound system that is installed as standard.
Is this correct, is there no way to connect my iPod to the system?
I wanted to be able to use the controls on the steering wheel to control the ipod, but I don't think that will work if I just connect it to the AUX input they've installed.
Thanks in advance.

If your HK system is "DSP" and actually uses the digital cable, you can use an Icelink and their BMW/Radio Shack adapter. Check the Dension thread.

Flex
08-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi edbrown1,

Welcome and congrats on your new ride!

The Ice Link product by Dension has a great solution for connecting your IPOD. There are many members here who have installed it and have found it to be a great upgrade. Please do a search and you'll have the information that you seek.

If you are interested in purchasing the Ice Link, then one place that you may want to check out is Best Buy. Also, check out Dension's website.

Happy hunting!

Flex

tom @ eas
08-10-2005, 04:46 PM
If your HK system is "DSP" and actually uses the digital cable, you can use an Icelink and their BMW/Radio Shack adapter. Check the Dension thread.

Not on a 3-series - it was never offered with DSP. The speaker icon is simply an "imaging" button. You'll be fine with their trunk interface kit since you have the AUX connection used at this time.