PDA

View Full Version : Motorola V710 phone docking cradle

bavarian19
08-08-2005, 11:15 AM
After doing some research on the bmwusa site, I am coming across some interesting news.

Is there no phone docking cradle for the Motorola v710? I just found this a little off being as some of the first pictures they posted of the phone docking cradle used the v710. I am mildly disspaointed if I cant get the docking cradle for my phone... That was most of the reason why I got that phone....

willpooted
08-08-2005, 11:29 AM
After doing some research on the bmwusa site, I am coming across some interesting news.

Is there no phone docking cradle for the Motorola v710? I just found this a little off being as some of the first pictures they posted of the phone docking cradle used the v710. I am mildly disspaointed if I cant get the docking cradle for my phone... That was most of the reason why I got that phone....

There is a phone docking cradle for the V710. It was listed the accessories catalog. I don't remember where that thread was, but I'm sure you can find it.

JSTAX3
08-08-2005, 12:35 PM

Check out BMW's site "BMW Assist with Bluetooth® Wireless Technology" "www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/3/2006325iSedan/HighlightDetail.htm?id=134" Once at that site click on "Bluetooth microsite" and you will see the bluetooth phones that are compatible with the cradles BMW offers.....hope this helps.....??? :dunno:

robertb_in_dc
08-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I had the v710 cradle installed in my 330 about a month ago. They didn't hook up the antenna right the first time and I had to go back, but it works great now.

bavarian19
08-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Check out BMW's site "BMW Assist with Bluetooth® Wireless Technology" "www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/3/2006325iSedan/HighlightDetail.htm?id=134" Once at that site click on "Bluetooth microsite" and you will see the bluetooth phones that are compatible with the cradles BMW offers.....hope this helps.....??? :dunno:

Well, thats the thing... that microsite says that there is no docking cradle available, even though I have seen them :dunno:

robertb_in_dc
08-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Is your carrier Verizon Wireless? The microsite lists the v710 under Verizon. I just looked. It's there. The phone in the picture on the microsite is the v710!

willpooted
08-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Most accessories for the E90 are not available yet

obmd1
08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Most accessories for the E90 are not available yet
including the roof rack and bike carrier...

but why would you need/want the cradle. The phone pairs with the car when you start up, and it could be in the trunk! I know if I had a cradle, I'd be forgetting the thing left and right

bavarian19
08-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Is your carrier Verizon Wireless? The microsite lists the v710 under Verizon. I just looked. It's there. The phone in the picture on the microsite is the v710!

The problem is not being integrated with the car. The bluetooth does work with the car. I am looking for the docking cradle to have a car charger and a clean looking one. I am also going to charge and run an ipod in the car, so I want to keep the car charger open for that....

bavarian19
08-08-2005, 04:23 PM
including the roof rack and bike carrier...

but why would you need/want the cradle. The phone pairs with the car when you start up, and it could be in the trunk! I know if I had a cradle, I'd be forgetting the thing left and right

Believe it or not, I am actually good about not forgetting things. I do a good amount of long-distance driving where charging is almost necessary during my trip... So the cradle is almost a must for me...

Does anyone have a link as to where I can order the docking cradle?

Muchas gracias....

JSTAX3
08-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Believe it or not, I am actually good about not forgetting things. I do a good amount of long-distance driving where charging is almost necessary during my trip... So the cradle is almost a must for me...

Does anyone have a link as to where I can order the docking cradle?

Muchas gracias....
I went to my local dealership today and picked up an "Original BMW Accessories for the New 3" catolog!!! It shows the "Motorola V710 snap-in adapter" part # 84210393570 Price: $140, it also says a "system base plate" is required part # 84216946075 price: $130 I'm thinking any dealership should have them or be able to order them, Good Luck!!! :thumbup:

bavarian19
08-08-2005, 07:42 PM
I went to my local dealership today and picked up an "Original BMW Accessories for the New 3" catolog!!! It shows the "Motorola V710 snap-in adapter" part # 84210393570 Price: $140, it also says a "system base plate" is required part # 84216946075 price: $130 I'm thinking any dealership should have them or be able to order them, Good Luck!!! :thumbup:

so $270 for this :eek: ?

I'll go in tomorrow and ask for a catalog... thanks!!!

E90 Enthusiast
08-08-2005, 08:29 PM

I also think the cradle connects you to a more powerful antenna via the shark fin...

robertb_in_dc
08-09-2005, 03:45 AM
Bavarian, did you even bother to read my post. I know the cradle exists because I already have it installed in my 2006 330i. And please look at the microsite again. The v710 is shown in the photo in the cradle.

bavarian19
08-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Bavarian, did you even bother to read my post. I know the cradle exists because I already have it installed in my 2006 330i. And please look at the microsite again. The v710 is shown in the photo in the cradle.

Sorry... I only check the site when Im at work, and dont have much time to anymore....

If you dotn mind me asking, how much did it cost you?

robertb_in_dc
08-09-2005, 04:06 PM
My dealer comped me the cradle and the install due to my issues with the car. My i-drive controller failed the first day I had the car and it took five weeks and two service appointments to get it fixed (first replacement controller was defective too and had to reorder). I'm still chapped at BMW that they didn't have the parts available here. It took two weeks to ship each time from Germany. They should have every damn part of that car in US parts inventory at launch. But my i-drive works perfectly now and I got a free cradle so I'm happy. You'll have to remove the little round rubber plug next to the antenna of your v710. That's where the antenna jack goes. The cradle consists of two parts a universal base plate and a snap in cradle that is specific to each phone. Be sure the dealer orders both parts. I love mine it works perfectly.

sna77
08-09-2005, 05:05 PM
It does exist. You also need the eject box, and a plastic piece that surrounds it.

You can use your sharkfin for external antenna.

Alll the info / part numbers are here:
https://www.bigpatsfans.com/bt/bluetooth.htm