PDA

View Full Version : Well, got it home finally

TJS///M3
08-08-2005, 06:59 PM
The wait seemed like forever, but I picked up my ZCP tonight. I bugged the crap out of the salesguy by calling too much while I waited all that time during production, etc., but oh well. BMW should allow GPS tracking of the boat coming over :)

The car is Interlagos Blue with Cinnamon leather interior, xenons, nav, lumbar, premium package. It is simply an awesome car and I'm still dumbfounded looking at it sitting in the garage. Pictures will follow as it was a little dark tonight. I dont know what the limit is on the number of uploaded files, or their size, but I think I can hit it that easily. If someone knows the limit on file size, I'll keep them small so that I wont lose alot on downsizing.

Seems like the nav will take some getting used to, and I'll have to read the book and all :)

One question I wanted to ask for some of you other guys that bought recently is.. at the very initial price negotiation, did your salesguy write up a "worksheet" with the cost of the car, or were you told that everything is written up at the end when you are ready to take delivery? Just wondering, as my sales guy attempted to tack on $1k to the deal until I showed him a sheet that he said he must have "lost", which showed the proper price we negotiated.

There was all of 7 miles on it when I got into the seat and fired it up :thumbup:

Kicbax
08-08-2005, 10:12 PM
When I got mine, the price was completly negotiated before hand with a written statement and sigs of the salesperson as well as sales manager and myself. Just to ensure nothing like that happened. I have heard of those stories happening, especially when its one of the first cars/new model to hit the lot. The dealer says "well I know what we negotiated, but I can sell this for over sticker so take it or leave it."

Anyways, congrats on your new awesome ride :thumbup:

Uster
08-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Congrats, I have the same color combination and you're going to love it. ILB looks different in different kinds of light from light to dark blue or purple. I had a signed worksheet when the order was written and there was no fooling around at all. You can certainly order the same car from a different dealer if they play games. Enjoy, but the first 1200 miles are torture. I just got mine back from 1200 mile service today and it's a whole different experience beyond 5000rpm

TD330ci
08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Congrats, I have the same color combination and you're going to love it. ILB looks different in different kinds of light from light to dark blue or purple. I had a signed worksheet when the order was written and there was no fooling around at all. You can certainly order the same car from a different dealer if they play games. Enjoy, but the first 1200 miles are torture. I just got mine back from 1200 mile service today and it's a whole different experience beyond 5000rpm

Ok we are going to start the IB/Cin club. :p

CongratsTJS!! :thumbup:

I just fianlly passed 1200. Its going to be a fun drive this weekend. :D

m3geezer
08-11-2005, 04:51 AM
One question I wanted to ask for some of you other guys that bought recently is.. at the very initial price negotiation, did your salesguy write up a "worksheet" with the cost of the car, or were you told that everything is written up at the end when you are ready to take delivery? Just wondering, as my sales guy attempted to tack on $1k to the deal until I showed him a sheet that he said he must have "lost", which showed the proper price we negotiated.

Congratulations on finally getting your M3! Having ordered mine in May and taken delivery at the end of July, I know about waiting!

I negotiated my deal over the phone. I had researched all the pricing (both MSRP and invoice) previously. I've dealt with this dealer for the last three Bimmers, and I've found them to be honorable, but somewhat unyielding. Anyhow, after agreeing to a price on the phone, I made an appointment to see the sales guy. The first thing he did was review the deal sheet with me. I found an error in it -- in my favor. He had omitted the $1K gas guzzler tax. Otherwise, everything was as we had discussed. So, he had to generate another deal sheet.

All the paperwork was completed a month before I took delivery. (I did Performance Center Delivery. When it was confirmed that the M3 had arrived the dock in Charleston, we set up an appointment for completing the final paperwork and forking over the cash.)

Hope this helps. Enjoy your new baby!

daytonaviolet
08-11-2005, 03:05 PM
congrats.. so where are the pics? :thumbup:

TJS///M3
08-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks all. Pictures coming tomorrow, I promise. :)

No one has told me what the size limitation is on pictures (ie. 200kb, 500kb? 1mb?).. so I guess I'll wing it :D

TJS///M3
08-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Ok, I lied on when I would get to the pictures. :)

Blame the fact that the site wont let me post anything larger than approx 640x480 :thumbdwn:

And I finally got a camera that would take such lowly pictures.

Anyway, here's a few:

Alex Baumann
08-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Ok, I lied on when I would get to the pictures. :)

Blame the fact that the site wont let me post anything larger than approx 640x480 :thumbdwn:

And I finally got a camera that would take such lowly pictures.

Anyway, here's a few:

Congratulations, it's a beauty.

BTW, you can attach 1024x768 pixs too

TJS///M3
08-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Congratulations, it's a beauty.

BTW, you can attach 1024x768 pixs too

Well, my problem was the lowest size on the "good" camera was 1280x960 :(

And thank you :)

IndyMike
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Nice pics! :thumbup:

Your car looks supremo. Cinammon is a cool compliment to IB.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post them for those of who love to gawk at pics like these.