PDA

View Full Version : Any MagnaFlow in SF Bay Area?

bart jefferson
08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
I would like to know if anyone in the SF Bay Area has the 16602 MagnaFlow exhaust on their car, affected performance, how it sounds, blah, blah, blah. Thanks in advance & happy motoring. ;)

Dakila
08-09-2005, 08:00 PM
You can't go wrong with Magnaflow. Don't know if I like the $1200+ price tag for the 16602 and not sure how it will fit on a non-M. I'll probably wait till the 16603 comes out.
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Sport&id=987

BTW, this is my truck
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp?SID=4Toyota&zone=Trucks&id=187&cat=Tacoma

bart jefferson
08-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Cool Truck you have - did you notice any change in gas mileage /performance? I shopped online & found it for $986.10 from www.performancepeddler.com

I would kinda like to hear one on another M3 or 3 series. So if anyone in the S.F. Bay Area
has one I would love to hear it!

:thumbup:

dawgbone
08-10-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm not too impressed with the MagnaFlow on my truck(03 Chevrolet Silverado SS)
Of course, there was miscommunication at the muffler shop I had do it...Pretty ticked off about it considering that I didn't want it welded on, and I wanted two mufflers, instead of choking the stock 3 inch pipe down with two 2" out of one muffler..I didn't argue with the guy, because he had my truck long enough, and I figure I'll do it myself, replacing the MagnaFlow with Corsa or Borla..Despite that it did nothing for performance, in consideration of the restrictive setup, it made my truck sound horrible..Idling is annoyingly loud, and redline sounds like a glass pack(Cherry Bomb)...

to the point..from the way it sounds on my truck, I wouldn't even consider the magnaflow for my bimmer..I'd go with a brand that spends a little more time testing on a specific make, like SuperSprint, Remus, or even Borla

Dakila
08-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Don't condemn the muffler because of a bad install. Magnaflow is one of the best if not the best flowing mufflers in the market. Regardless, if you're expecting big performance gains from just an exhaust system, you'll be disappointed no matter what system you get.

dawgbone
08-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Don't condemn the muffler because of a bad install. Magnaflow is one of the best if not the best flowing mufflers in the market. Regardless, if you're expecting big performance gains from just an exhaust system, you'll be disappointed no matter what system you get.

I wasn't knocking the performance of the muffler...I just wouldn't put it on a bimmer because it sounds like Sh$$...Magnaflow would fit/perform better on a Chrystler/Mopar setup.. :thumbup:

daytonaviolet
08-11-2005, 01:53 PM
theres a guy on m3forum from the bay area who has the entire magnaflow setup. other then the tips being kinda small (76mm) it sounded really nice. actually sounded like a trumpet to me during WOT. look him up there.. his name is loosenuts :thumbup: