PDA

View Full Version : Finally

bimmerguy
08-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Well... its here, 05 Silver Gray Metallic ZCP SMG Black Leather.

I think the break-in period is more torture than the waiting. Exhaust sound is great, love the raspy notes. The cross drilled rotors really grab.

SMG is so much fun and love this color with the CSL rims.

All in all highly recommended! :thumbup:

e36M3r
08-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Congrats! I didn't mind the break in at all... of course I was in Munich, and had 1200 miles in about a week since I was there mostly to drive. Loved the SMG too, and more so now, it gets better with time I think. All the best! :thumbup:

bimmerguy
08-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Congrats! I didn't mind the break in at all... of course I was in Munich, and had 1200 miles in about a week since I was there mostly to drive. Loved the SMG too, and more so now, it gets better with time I think. All the best! :thumbup:

Thanks.... I was thinking about Euro Delivery but I would not open it up until the 1200 mile service anyways. I love the autobahn tho.

I got everything but the Nav and HK, since I don't like either, I figured I would upgrade later and maybe get one of the new stereos with built in Nav. I think the Logic 7 sounds way better and I wish the Nav was more like the Acura type, which I found out is made by Alpine.

Alpine JD Powers (http://www.alpine.com/e/corporate/award/images/2004jd.pdf)

///MLover
08-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey,

Sorry to ask whats the break-in moment? :confused:

-Pwned :(

bimmerguy
08-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Break-in is keeping engine revs down, below 5500 and no full throttle for first 1200 miles, no high speeds etc. There is a windshield sticker on the M3 which tells you this.

///MLover
08-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey,

Oh thanks...

-Pwned