PDA

View Full Version : M3 Vader sport seats question

John blaze
08-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Can anyone tell me what the lever on the seat does that is located: if you are sitting in the driver side and reach with your right hand it is on the lower part of the seat by your right thigh. It clearly is a lever of some sort, but it does not seem to do anything. is it a bolster adjust or maybe a lumbar adj? thank you fellow enthusiasts.

rrsperry
08-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Nothing, it's a cover. There are no adjustments on the right side.The front left is the tilt, next is fore aft, then up down, then recline. The thight bolster has it's own handel in the middle of the cushin.

FierySphere
08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
I believe it's there to 'force' the seatbelt receptacle to move with the seat base.
Why ? Cause when I put Vaders in my 325is, I took them off, think "What the fook are these for?". Now whenever I tilt the seats to get somethig in the back seat, the seatbelt receptacle bends forward and is held there by the center console. Oh well, one day I'll fix it ....

someguy
09-01-2005, 07:36 PM
this post is funny as pop...i was thought the same thing when i first got my m3 and pulled and pushed and twistedthe handle so much that it broke before i realized i was an idiot because it did nothing. nothing at all so now i have this half ass handle in my car that scratches my leg when i wear shorts and reach to the back seat for something or if i jump in to fast

Bogwon
09-20-2005, 12:31 AM
When I got my M3, I also wanted to know what that lever next to the console was for. Does anyone really know? It must have some function. :dunno:

SmoothCruise
09-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Vader seats? What is that?

Does it come with cape and mask? And a light saber handle for the stick shift?

FierySphere
10-01-2005, 12:30 PM
When I got my M3, I also wanted to know what that lever next to the console was for. Does anyone really know? It must have some function. :dunno:

Asked, and answered.

It's called a 'seat belt buckle guide'
part# 51 10 2 259 295 (L) and 296 (R)