PDA

View Full Version : Price check on aisle M3

Scott ZHP
08-18-2005, 08:25 PM
I dropped my wife's X5 off for service this week and noticed this on the lot. They were closed and the sticker was somewhat vague on options. It is an 03 with 32k miles, CPO, 19s, xenon, sunroof, SMG. Cant tell what leather. No sunshade or NAV. Looks like it also has heated seats and/or CWP. Color is carbon black.

Price was listed at $45.9 which seemed a bit steep to me. KBB says about $41.5k. Thoughts on a fair price? The dealer will do a "courtesy trade" to offset my sales tax as I think I have a private buyer for my 03 330i PP/ZHP.

rommelrules
08-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Well. if you can get it for high 30's or less, then maybe it would make sense to me.
But being an 03 that seems hard. $45.9K is a joke.

At that price, you're better off buying new unless you need to have every conceivable option in the book and this one happens to have almost all of them.
You can price a brand new one out with some essential options for 52 or 53. :dunno:

LMC
08-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Edmunds; '03 with 32K in "Dark Blue: with SMG, H-K, pwr seats, leather, roof, 19s, CWP (thought I saw headlight washers -- maybe not):

Trade-in: 40.3K
Private party: 42.5K
Retail: 46.7K
Certified: 49.8K

Not buying those higher numbers really (and maybe it does not have pwr seats, etc.) but I hink KBB tends to be low. There's always some room in there to haggle, right?