PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a dedicated 7 series thread?

2006_750Li_ED
08-20-2005, 10:22 AM
This is question is directed to the system operators of this board.

Why don't you dedicate a thread just for 7 series, as small as it may be, I find it very enoying to fish for other owners and share experiences. I would even separate the year model generations, as a new model owner have no benefit reading about the previouse generations, and vice versa.

MikeCTM2
08-21-2005, 04:32 PM
hi '06, i see you've changed your avatar. the right word is sub-forum, or forum. i'm all for it. oh btw, there's a great new 7-series (assassin's car) in the new movie Red Eye with Rachel McAdams.

2006_750Li_ED
08-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Whatever, subforum is fine, I really would like to see one for the new 2006 7 series cars

AutoXer
08-22-2005, 09:02 PM
I would like to see that too, but I think the problem is that we don't even have enough participants to make this an active forum. I often wondered why that is, and I think it's maybe because there are not enough car enthusiasts, and more just luxury car owners. I see lots more active participation in the other forums, and until we have that, it's probably not feasible to have subforums. JMHO.

bee em uu fan
08-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I'd like to see a 2006 and up 7 series thread/subforum as well. :thumbup: . Hopefully others will chime in also to give additional support for one.

2006_750Li_ED
08-22-2005, 09:28 PM
There are many BMW 7 series owners, and it is very hard to fish for information when most of the posts are about 3 series, perhaps any of you guys know of another web site better suited for 7 series owners.
I can't see what harm it would cause if there was an E65/66 subforum

gbelton
08-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Hello My Friend:

I would support and remain active in the 7 series individual thread.

let's have at it.

-GMAN:D

///MLover
08-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Hey,

Go ahead and email administration.....

-Pwned :thumbup:

bergy10
08-23-2005, 05:18 AM
I want a 7 series (e65/e66) thread! :bawling:

shadmanavi
08-31-2005, 11:47 PM
I support a 2006 7series thread...

akbars01
09-05-2005, 07:14 PM
I support the new forum for BMW 7 series.

2006_750Li_ED
09-05-2005, 09:53 PM
So what do we need to do to get a dedicated 7 series thread?
I would have imagined that by now a sysop would have created one.
that is too bad.
I think that there is another web site that has a 7 series thread, I will look for it, perhaps we could all move over there.

2006_750Li_ED
09-05-2005, 10:22 PM
I am asking for a Forum dedicated to 7 series, I am asking even more, I would like to have one for the older body style (1995-2001) and a separate one for 2002-2006.
most of the people on this bulletin board are 3 series owners, and a 7 series owner is a completely different age group and has very little in common, you have a forum for every BMW model except for the 7 series, why discriminate the top car ?

M.Wong
09-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I will try to find out what the 'powers that be' think...
:)

TerryY
09-06-2005, 06:50 AM
I am asking for a Forum dedicated to 7 series, I am asking even more, I would like to have one for the older body style (1995-2001) and a separate one for 2002-2006.
most of the people on this bulletin board are 3 series owners, and a 7 series owner is a completely different age group and has very little in common, you have a forum for every BMW model except for the 7 series, why discriminate the top car ?

You object to the small amout of traffic that is generated in this Sub Forum by the older 6/7/8 model owners? The new 6's have a separate space.

We aren't talking about the 3 series in here. And most of us Owners of older models aren't kids anymore.

Jon Shafer
09-06-2005, 02:51 PM
We are considering this request. For those who have been around long enough
to remember, we used to have a separate 7 Series forum (for quite some time
as a matter of fact). It was only in response to continuous low-volume posting
traffic that we decided to consolidate the forums -- in the spirit of promoting
more lively or vibrant discussions...

Just how many E65 posters are we talking about here who would commit to
posting enough in order to justify the change? As we have gleaned from
experience here, it is not merely just another case of "if you build it,
they will come"...

djlfp
09-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Just how many E65 posters are we talking about here who would commit to
posting enough in order to justify the change? As we have gleaned from
experience here, it is not merely just another case of "if you build it,
they will come"...Thanks, Jon. I like the idea, but I do not think it will influence my posting or reading.

bee em uu fan
09-06-2005, 03:17 PM
If you build it, I will come. I usually skip by the 6/7/8 thread because people seem to discuss topics and then you realize that they're talking about a different model #. You have to read through each topic to see if the issue is related to your particualr model. I would prefer a 2006 and up forum but would be happy with one from 2002--->. My .02.

2006_750Li_ED
09-06-2005, 08:48 PM
What difference does it make if there is low volume? it is about quality not quantity, according to the low volume logic BMW should not sell 7 series since 3 series are so popular in comparison.

alee
09-06-2005, 09:06 PM
What difference does it make if there is low volume? it is about quality not quantity, according to the low volume logic BMW should not sell 7 series since 3 series are so popular in comparison.
It's a delicate balance... creating a subforum is not a technical challenge but you need to be careful how you slice it up.

Why? The biggest reason is revenue related.

Advertising can be targeted, and there is a need to sustain traffic at a reasonable pace to keep a forum attractive to an advertiser. To use some made up numbers, 5-10 active posters in an E65/E66 thread does not equate to a large number of impressions in the scheme of things. 50 posters combining all the generations of the 6/7/8 series cars suddenly creates a more active forum, and potentially more appealing to an advertiser.

This is not to diminish the fact that you don't have your own forum. The fact is you own a car that is typically represented by older individuals who don't frequent message boards. Prove to the community that there is sustainable 7-series forum traffic and you might get a 7 series board. Prove that there is a large active community on Bimmerfest for the E65/E66 and you'll be given an E65/E66 specific board.

Past experience here has shown that low volume forums typically become abandoned forums... nobody wants to visit the 8 series forum that only has 3 active posters.

2006_750Li_ED
09-06-2005, 09:26 PM
I understand your concerns, however if all 7 series owners left this forum I am sure that a lot of potential customers for the advertisers would also be gone.
No problem, business is business and I respect that. This is still a great space and I like it, I was just hoping to have more fun reading about my car without fishing for random information.

alee
09-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I understand your concerns, hoever if all 7 series owners left this forum I am sure that a lot of potential customers for the advertisers would also be gone.
No problem, business is business and I respect that. This is still a great space and I like it, I was just hoping to have more fun reading about my car without fishing for random information.
The best single thing you can do is bring more people into the 7er forum. The community is what you make of it, and if you help us shape the community, we will build the tools you need to be the best community. :thumbup:

2006_750Li_ED
09-06-2005, 11:14 PM
As much as I like reading and posting here I do not have any need to work hard to get a 7 series forum, it is what it is and if I get bored I will leave or visit less. I appreciate all the hard work it takes to make this place available and if you feel that on the leading BMW chat room there is no space for a dedicated 7 series I am sure that you have your reasons, I have never owned a 3 series, I have had 3 used 7 series, 1 used 5 series, 1 new five series and 6 new 7 series, the only time I ever drove a 3 series is when I got a loaner, and I hated it. I could not wait to got my car back. I have not driven the new 2006 3 series, and have very little intrest in them.
If you feel that there are too few 7 series owners on this chat room, perhaps it is due to the lack of a 7 series forum, but I can see myself disappear in a few weeks due to the lack of common things to write about, either way I am sure that I will peep in every once in a while.
Keep the good work, it is a great chat room.

2006_750Li_ED
09-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Also if you chase away the older people (if you call 44 old) you will miss a big balancing part of your board, the more mature part that can give a lot of advise to new buyers who are graduating from lower BMW models to the bigger ones.
I am sure that BMW would prefer for you to support all its models and contribute its donations if any, I still do not see how my leaving this chat room would benefit advertisers.

bergy10
09-07-2005, 03:03 AM
I will be 30 at the end of this month, and my first ever 7 series is scheduled to be delivered in March 2006.
It's my intention to learn as much as possible from other existing 7 owners, so I can get the most out of my drive.

DBADBMW
09-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Jon, I am in! Build it and I will be there and spport it! Thx...

fm_illuminatus
09-25-2005, 09:55 PM
How about an e38 sub-forum?

INTREPID
11-01-2005, 06:26 PM
I want a 6 Series Forum (E63/E64).

SteelCity
11-02-2005, 11:06 AM
I just ordered a new 750i (hopefully will get early December) and would very much like to see a dedicated 7 series forum. BTW, this board has been great and very usefull in my selection process, and I am very glad that I discovered it. So not to sound negative about the structure of bimmerfest, a dedicated forum would be very nice. And heck, I'd even become an active poster.

duke4739
11-02-2005, 12:03 PM
I would like to see a dedicated 7 series forum as well! Possibly split: E38 & E65.

Nasty750
11-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Yes Please E65 & E66

Jon Shafer
11-03-2005, 10:28 PM
We're listening.....

Malibubimmer
11-04-2005, 11:09 PM
We've got a Mini forum. Where's the Roller forum?? (After all, it's just a big 760iL.)

XZLR8
11-05-2005, 03:38 AM
Hey, Jon? What about a dedicated sub-forum for silver cars?

:D

TerryY
11-05-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm trying to figure out why the half dozen or so threads a WEEK on the early E23 and E32 7's and the E31 8 series bother the new owners so much?

There is at least that much traffic on the NEW 6 that misses the Dedicated E63 sub forum up at the top of the page.

gbelton
11-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Hello My Friends:

Lets do the stat check.

3 series are about 80% of BMW's business
5 series are about 12-15% of BMW's business
7 series are about 5% maybe 8% of BMW's business

Having this said, if this forum wishes to contiue making money because that what it's all about, they will cater to the greatest population (3er). The numbers I speak of are not hard facts just guesstiments based on my reading.

Now lets do a Bimmerfest stat check.

3 series account for 90% of the thread traffic. So it seems.
5 series account for 5%
7 series account for 3%
and so on and so forth...

But wait! We have a 1 Series thread... Ah hah, it's popular so why not give it its own thread... Why not!

Oh and the Mini... Wow, we can't forget that one... Whoopie, that one gets less thread conversation than the 8 series... go figure! So why not a 7er. I think you get my suggested point... eh?

Anyway guys/gals, it's all about the money this forum can generate and how popular a series is. IMO

Only some of us can afford to buy 7er and I believe though our numbers are small we do have community that wishes to share experiences. I say, "BIMMERFEST" get more interesting advertisers for 7 Series calibur members and you will earn your Hotlink-Web Credit. If you need 100 hits or what ever a day or hour then sign me up because I have a lot to say!

Power to the NEW Generation of 7 Series OWNERS!!

Oh, if I am band off this site you can always find me as GMAN (gbelton) on other forum threads!

GMAN
-Enjoy the drive

Jon Shafer
11-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Hello My Friends:

Lets do the stat check.

3 series are about 80% of BMW's business
5 series are about 12-15% of BMW's business
7 series are about 5% maybe 8% of BMW's business

Having this said, if this forum wishes to contiue making money because that what it's all about, they will cater to the greatest population (3er). The numbers I speak of are not hard facts just guesstiments based on my reading.

Now lets do a Bimmerfest stat check.

3 series account for 90% of the thread traffic. So it seems.
5 series account for 5%
7 series account for 3%
and so on and so forth...

But wait! We have a 1 Series thread... Ah hah, it's popular so why not give it its own thread... Why not!

Oh and the Mini... Wow, we can't forget that one... Whoopie, that one gets less thread conversation than the 8 series... go figure! So why not a 7er. I think you get my suggested point... eh?

Anyway guys/gals, it's all about the money this forum can generate and how popular a series is. IMO

Only some of us can afford to buy 7er and I believe though our numbers are small we do have community that wishes to share experiences. I say, "BIMMERFEST" get more interesting advertisers for 7 Series calibur members and you will earn your Hotlink-Web Credit. If you need 100 hits or what ever a day or hour then sign me up because I have a lot to say!

Power to the NEW Generation of 7 Series OWNERS!!

Oh, if I am band off this site you can always find me as GMAN (gbelton) on other forum threads!

GMAN
-Enjoy the drive

GMAN,

Nobody's going to be banned, and like I posted above, we are working out
the details of a new format which would give 7 Series drivers a forum of
their own that they can call "home".

I appreciate your candor, and I want you to feel free to speak up if
something is on your mind.

gbelton
11-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Hello Jon,

Thanks for hearing me out.

Whoopie... We're going to get a seperate thread, I am so excited. nah just kidding.:D

Thanks,

GMAN

Ohmysan
11-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I fully back a 7 series thread or sub forum ..also in individual categorys..i have a e32 735i ..such wonderful cars... :cry:

Jon Shafer
11-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Hello Jon,

Thanks for hearing me out.

Whoopie... We're going to get a seperate thread, I am so excited. nah just kidding.

Thanks,

GMAN

:beerchug:

gbelton
11-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Hey Forum Members:

:thumbup: We have made it... :thumbup:

Our 15 minutes of fame. So now what's cooking in the world of 7 Series BMers?

Funny thing, I am in the Apple store checking out the FORUM...

GMAN

Malibubimmer
11-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey Forum Members:

:thumbup: We have made it... :thumbup:

Our 15 minutes of fame. So now what's cooking in the world of 7 Series BMers?

Funny thing, I am in the Apple store checking out the FORUM...

GMAN
Shouldn't this be E65 & E66? And where can I post about the Rollers?

djlfp
11-08-2005, 09:05 AM
:beerchug:Thanks, Jon.

So who is the dude on the skateboard wearing out his shirt cuffs? Another family member?

Jon Shafer
11-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks, Jon.

So who is the dude on the skateboard wearing out his shirt cuffs? Another family member?
That's actually Jay Adams, a guy my age who in the 70's was part of the
extreme sports revolution...

gbelton
11-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Shouldn't this be E65 & E66? And where can I post about the Rollers?
Hey Malibubimmer,

This sub thread is the spot for e65's & e66's. it's okay that Jon labeled it e65...

GMAN

gbelton
11-08-2005, 04:46 PM
This one's dead. Let's start a new...

:)

GMAN