PDA

View Full Version : New 2006 M3

Sumptuous
08-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Anyone know when the new m3 is being released in the US? YEar?. . MOnth?

Moderato
08-27-2005, 07:23 PM

The M3 is discontinued indefinitely, sorry. :cry:

LMC
08-27-2005, 07:47 PM

The 2006s should start arriving in the USA in late September or so.

It may be, however, that you are actually asking about the next-generation M3, in which case :dunno:

Pinecone
08-29-2005, 06:24 AM
Maybe SEARCH, or check the E90 M3 section.

johnw
09-05-2005, 09:41 PM
I have ordered a '06, it is being built right now according to "owner's circle." I suspect delivery sometime in mid-Octorber. :rofl:

Moderato
09-05-2005, 10:12 PM
I have ordered a '06, it is being built right now according to "owner's circle." I suspect delivery sometime in mid-Octorber. :rofl:

Why are you buying an 06 when you have an 01 M3?

HUMMM 3
09-10-2005, 09:47 AM
According to this weeks Autoweek it'll be approx 400 HP and be out in 2007. We'll probably be getting them in the US in late 2007 or early 2008. Get your name on the list to be the first sucker on the block to have one. ;)

johnw
09-10-2005, 08:39 PM
'01 M3 has 75Kmiles and seems to be coming apart at the seams. Window moldings falling (BMW fix at $500) and rearview mirror cloudy big time(BMW fix at $500). Engine has only 25K miles, replaced after rodbearing shred. I was planning to drive the car to 100Kmiles or to at least when the new V8's come out. However, looks like this change won't occur until '07 or later. And too, I blame a lot of these problems which includes the engine rodbearing shred and grinding differentials to the new model year, maybe many of the problems have now been corrected...Besides, I like this stealth body style...'06 last chance. But I have learned my lesson and that is to trade these newer M3s when factory warranty expires. Never had such a problem with trim items on my '95 or '99 M3s. Quality control at BMW iseems to really be going down the tubes.

Pinecone
09-11-2005, 06:11 AM
Realise that you CAN buy a BMW extended warranty and extended maintenance agreement.

Sumptuous
09-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Exuse me I meant the 2007 M3 first of all . . . I plan to buy a new car in the summer of 2006 and Im really waiting for the new v8 m3 to come out . . .

Here is the problem / /

I want a car ASAP Around JUly 2006. .

Will the m3 be out?
If not when!?
What the hell is it gonna look like?
Is it ugly?
How much over sticker will I have to pay?
How long will I have to wait before the price reduces to sticker?
Being the first Year how many problems is it gonna have?

WIth all this in mind maybe I should just lean towards a C55 AMG. eh? :dunno:

Pinecone
09-13-2005, 06:06 AM
Most likely it will be out in late 2007 as a 2008 model. Based on hisotry don't look for it until summer 2007, and it could be as late as March 2008 (the E46 was delayed).

LmtdSlip
09-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Why are you buying an 06 when you have an 01 M3?

Can you have too many M cars? :dunno:

Pinecone
09-13-2005, 07:44 PM
No. :)

Moderato
09-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Can you have too many M cars? :dunno:

:eeps:

I stand corrected. :thumbup:

Pinecone
09-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Having 3 now, already plan on getting an E90 M3, looking for a ragged out (interior and exterior, straight chasiss) M Coupe for a track car, and will someday own an E30 M3, DEFINATELY NOT. :)

InterlagoAsanti
09-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Most likely it will be out in late 2007 as a 2008 model. Based on hisotry don't look for it until summer 2007, and it could be as late as March 2008 (the E46 was delayed).

a 4 door //m3 in 2007 . . . i'll see you there :thumbdwn:

so much for the coupe - sooo dissapointed, even if its a 400hp v8 - glad im getting my 06 - last of the moihicans - maybe later after after my new car is broken in ill grab an s2 package with limited slip diff - that should make it sporty enough at 361 hp to keep me proud of her for years to come :)

:bigpimp:

Pinecone
09-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Maybe, maybe not. :)

Think about it, if you can get 360 out of an S54, for lots of money, think what that would do to an E90 M3. Can we say 440 HP. :)

johnw
09-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Yea, right. The extended warratnty still doesn't cover trim items, and I think they are way over priced. Spent a lot of time looking at different extended warranties and never found one satisfactory. Bigest objection, is the argument going on with mechanics outside/inside the BMW system. Most of the ex-warranties wanted things their own way, often they wanted mechanics to take short cuts, i.e., use not factory parts, etc.. Wasn't worth the effort (imo).

johnw
09-30-2005, 07:01 PM
The M3 is discontinued indefinitely, sorry. :cry:

This statement is a lie. The source of this info... is it the same source that you got the info on the differential oils? Your Quote "Good God has your useless propaganda spread to bimmerfest now." You have answered you own question. Your answer above is deliberately wrong and misleading; that is, it is useless propaganda. Either you are brain dead or need to have a more mature understanding of the information you sometimes gather. Analyze it a bit before you express it as god's ruling, before you run information down that was gathered with good intentions which was to find the truth about this differential problem that a lot of drivers were having problems with. I think you need to pull your head out of the area where the sun refuses to shine. Maybe you just have some growing up to do? :dunno: What really ticks me off, I even tried to help clearify your questions by searching through BMWNA techs for answers which obviously was a waste of my time, big time. :dunno: :mad:

SpeedFreak!
09-30-2005, 07:08 PM
This statement is a lie. The source of this info... is it the same source that you got the info on the differential oils? Your Quote "Good God has your useless propaganda spread to bimmerfest now." You have answered you own question. Your answer above is deliberately wrong and misleading; that is, it is useless propaganda. Either you are brain dead or need to have a more mature understanding of the information you sometimes gather. Analyze it a bit before you express it as god's ruling, before you run information down that was gathered with good intentions which was to find the truth about this differential problem that a lot of drivers were having problems with. I think you need to pull your head out of the area where the sun refuses to shine. Maybe you just have some growing up to do? :dunno:

I smell smoke...

:flame:

QUICK! CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!!!

Moderato
09-30-2005, 08:02 PM
This statement is a lie. The source of this info... is it the same source that you got the info on the differential oils? Your Quote "Good God has your useless propaganda spread to bimmerfest now." You have answered you own question. Your answer above is deliberately wrong and misleading; that is, it is useless propaganda. Either you are brain dead or need to have a more mature understanding of the information you sometimes gather. Analyze it a bit before you express it as god's ruling, before you run information down that was gathered with good intentions which was to find the truth about this differential problem that a lot of drivers were having problems with. I think you need to pull your head out of the area where the sun refuses to shine. Maybe you just have some growing up to do? :dunno: What really ticks me off, I even tried to help clearify your questions by searching through BMWNA techs for answers which obviously was a waste of my time, big time. :dunno: :mad:

:loco:

serge_ua
09-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Moderato, I guess you need a new sig:
IT WAS A J.O.K.E...

;) :tsk:

Moderato
10-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Moderato, I guess you need a new sig:
IT WAS A J.O.K.E...

;) :tsk:

:rofl: