PDA

View Full Version : BMW CCA M3 Incentive

LMC
08-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Based on a post on the Roadfly M off-topic forum and a phone call I made today to the national office of the BMW CCA, I think that BMWNA is about to announce a special incentive for CCA members on model year 2005 M3s: Commencing Sept 1st, a CCA member (who has continuously been a member for at least one year as of Sept 1st) can get $2,000 back from BMW on the purchase or lease of a new 2005 M3. This in addition to the regular BMW CCA $500 rebate. Therefore, $2,500 cash back!

The CCA staffer that I spoke to in an attempt to determine whether this could be some kind of hoax said that she had heard something about this and could confirm that it was not a joke, but also said that she was not sure of the specifics. She took my number and offered to check and get back to me. Nothing yet...

So if you meet the criteria and are about to take delivery of one of the last '05s ( :bigpimp: ) this could be very good news indeed. If your car is in (like mine) do not take delivery before September 1st!

Or if you meet the criteria and might be interested in finding an '05 M3 on the lot or incoming and saving some extra, this could be very good news.

I don't know any details. In fact I am not sure of the above. But I suspect we'll know more within a day or two.

Moderato
08-30-2005, 11:23 PM
What if you have an 05 on lease already, does that apply?

- doesn't hurt to ask :eeps: :rofl:

patton03m3
08-30-2005, 11:35 PM
I will be taking delivery of my 2005 M3 coupe on September 6, and I've been a member of the BMWCCA for 2.5 years. If this is true, there will be several unexpected mods on my car in the near future. Thanks, keep us updated, and I will be digging for information myself in the meantime.

TJS///M3
08-31-2005, 05:59 AM
And where are they going to annouce this?

I've already taken delivery of my car, but I was about to put in my paperwork for the rebate (I'm still within the 60 days that BMWCCA allows). I've been a member for quite a while (5+ yrs).

This seems pretty fishy to me, as the most they hand out for a new car purchase is $1500. Is there a reason for this?

LMC
08-31-2005, 09:34 AM
And where are they going to annouce this?

I've already taken delivery of my car, but I was about to put in my paperwork for the rebate (I'm still within the 60 days that BMWCCA allows). I've been a member for quite a while (5+ yrs).

This seems pretty fishy to me, as the most they hand out for a new car purchase is $1500. Is there a reason for this?

I suspect that if you have already taken delivery you will not qualify. Given that the start date is Sept 1st, I would expect an announcement shortly. Hopefully that will clarify everything.

bimmerguy
08-31-2005, 09:42 AM
I don't believe it, as there are very few 05s left on dealer lots. If its true, I hope its retroactive since I am still within my 60 days. :)

LMC
08-31-2005, 10:20 AM
OK -- I chased this down to the source. The source of the info is "News From National," an e-newsltetter published monthly by the BMW CCA and accessible to club members on the club's web site. www.bmwcca.org

Here's an exact quote from the newsletter, dated August 25:

"THIS JUST IN!

Beginning September 1, 2005 - if you have been a member of the BMW Club for one or more years continuously, without lapse as of 9/1/2005 and you purchase or lease a new 2005 M3 from the US dealership, BMW NA will sned you $2000 AND you can also apply for the BMW CCA Membership Reward rebate! That's $2,500 off a new M3. A press release with more details will follow."

The check is from BMW, not the club, and of course BMWNA will set the rules.

TJS///M3
08-31-2005, 01:28 PM
OK -- I chased this down to the source. The source of the info is "News From National," an e-newsltetter published monthly by the BMW CCA and accessible to club members on the club's web site. www.bmwcca.org

Here's an exact quote from the newsletter, dated August 25:

"THIS JUST IN!

Beginning September 1, 2005 - if you have been a member of the BMW Club for one or more years continuously, without lapse as of 9/1/2005 and you purchase or lease a new 2005 M3 from the US dealership, BMW NA will sned you $2000 AND you can also apply for the BMW CCA Membership Reward rebate! That's $2,500 off a new M3. A press release with more details will follow."

The check is from BMW, not the club, and of course BMWNA will set the rules.

Hold on now.. it does not say anything about when you take delivery! That statement is VERY misleading.

And technically, you purchased prior to 9/1/05!

patton03m3
08-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Hold on now.. it does not say anything about when you take delivery! That statement is VERY misleading.

And technically, you purchased prior to 9/1/05!

I personally "ordered" my M3 in late April...and will take delivery of it in early September. Now, until I write that $50k+ check, I haven't "purchased" a thing. I have an agreement to buy, and a refundable deposit put down on the car. Now, if the stipulation is that it only applies to existing inventory...that's a different story. I personally hope they wouldn't make that distinction, but I have a vested interest in the wording. Let's just hope they do the right thing.

Sean
08-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Hmm...this news is very interesting. :yikes:

Hit_Apex
08-31-2005, 06:34 PM
I don't believe it, as there are very few 05s left on dealer lots. If its true, I hope its retroactive since I am still within my 60 days. :)

I believe it just for that reason. They're looking to move any old inventory.

LMC
08-31-2005, 07:22 PM
They're looking to move any old inventory.

Would be interesting to know how many '05s are still available. :dunno:

Any of our dealer brethren watching this thread?

LMC
08-31-2005, 10:45 PM
Hmm...this news is very interesting. :yikes:

You slacker...only three BMWs? Get to a dealership ASAP and buy another one!
:thumbup: :rofl:

Moderato
08-31-2005, 11:04 PM
You slacker...only three BMWs? Get to a dealership ASAP and buy another one!
:thumbup: :rofl:
:rofl:

SARAFIL
09-01-2005, 06:13 PM
:rofl:

Guys, this is 100% official, right from BMWNA. I heard about the program today on the BMW Sales Roundtable from both the General Manager of Vehicle Sales for BMWNA, and the Sales Support Programs Manager.

To qualify, you must take retail delivery of a new 2005 M3 during the month of September and it must be reported sold during the month of September-- previously reported vehicles or previous deliveries do not count. You can buy a coupe or convertible.

Who qualifies? Current M3 owners that receive the loyalty certificate from BMWNA, and CCA members that receive the certificate from BMWCCA. You can only use one certificate (meaning you can't get $2000 from BMWNA and another $2000 from BMWCCA), but you CAN combine the $2000 with the $500 CCA allowance.

Offer does not apply to 2006 models.

Kurt Martin
09-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Guys, this is 100% official, right from BMWNA. I heard about the program today on the BMW Sales Roundtable from both the General Manager of Vehicle Sales for BMWNA, and the Sales Support Programs Manager.

To qualify, you must take retail delivery of a new 2005 M3 during the month of September and it must be reported sold during the month of September-- previously reported vehicles or previous deliveries do not count. You can buy a coupe or convertible.

Who qualifies? Current M3 owners that receive the loyalty certificate from BMWNA, and CCA members that receive the certificate from BMWCCA. You can only use one certificate (meaning you can't get $2000 from BMWNA and another $2000 from BMWCCA), but you CAN combine the $2000 with the $500 CCA allowance.

Offer does not apply to 2006 models.
So if I bought my 2005 M3 on Saturday the 27th of August, I'm out of luck? :mad:
This is really a drag. Talk about a poke in the eye! Thanks a lot BMW.

I asked my dealer about this again today, and both my sales person and the finance manager said they haven't heard anything about this.

I am really bummed. What a great way to spoil my enjoyment of my new BMW :thumbdwn:

bimmerguy
09-01-2005, 06:34 PM
So if I bought my 2005 M3 on Saturday the 27th of August, I'm out of luck? :mad:
This is really a drag. Talk about a poke in the eye! Thanks a lot BMW.

I asked my dealer about this again today, and both my sales person and the finance manager said they haven't heard anything about this.

I am really bummed. What a great way to spoil my enjoyment of my new BMW :thumbdwn:
Thanks for the info SARAFIL.
This is crazy... I am in the same situation. :thumbdwn:
They should make it 60 day retro-active, same as the BMWCCA rebate.
We should all call BMWNA and complain.

Congrats to the few that qualify. :thumbup:

RaysMD
09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
How do I get the owner loyalty certificate? I recently sold my '03 and I'm looking to get another one.

LMC
09-01-2005, 07:45 PM
How do I get the owner loyalty certificate? I recently sold my '03 and I'm looking to get another one.

You don't need a piece of paper before you buy. If you've been a CCA member for at least a year as of today, just make sure that you buy an M3 while the incentive is in effect, which from what Sarafil posts looks like between first and last days of September. The way you get the "usual" $500 cash back is to print a form at the BMW CCA web site and send it to BMW NA together with proof of purchase (see details at CCA web site.) Once detailed info is available I imagine there will be a similar form available from either the club or BMW to fill in and send in.

Edit: Hmm... re-reading Sarafil's post, maybe you DO need a piece of paper. :dunno:

Moderato
09-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Who qualifies? Current M3 owners that receive the loyalty certificate from BMWNA

What is a "loyalty certificate" from BMWNA and how do you get one?

LMC
09-01-2005, 10:33 PM
The last time (IIRC) they did this was early '98 when every member of BMW CCA got a post card -- don't remember if it was mailed from BMWNA or BMW CCA -- announcing a $1,000 incentive on M3 sedans. I didn't use that incentive, so don't know or remember any procedural details.

thenobot
09-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Are you serious?!?!? :bawling:

Come on! If that spoils your enjoyment of your new car, then drop that sucker off right here.

Life is too short for silly regrets....

Kurt Martin
09-02-2005, 01:20 AM
Are you serious?!?!? :bawling:

Come on! If that spoils your enjoyment of your new car, then drop that sucker off right here.

Life is too short for silly regrets....
You're right. I went out and drove my new car, and I feel better now. It just took few minutes :)

patton03m3
09-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Based on a post on the Roadfly M off-topic forum and a phone call I made today to the national office of the BMW CCA, I think that BMWNA is about to announce a special incentive for CCA members on model year 2005 M3s: Commencing Sept 1st, a CCA member (who has continuously been a member for at least one year as of Sept 1st) can get $2,000 back from BMW on the purchase or lease of a new 2005 M3. This in addition to the regular BMW CCA $500 rebate. Therefore, $2,500 cash back!

Confirmed by one of the staff at my dealer. Still don't know the details, but he said BMWCCA will send a certificate for $2000. I will be phoning BMWCCA to get details. I took delivery today, pics later.

LMC
09-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Confirmed by one of the staff at my dealer. Still don't know the details, but he said BMWCCA will send a certificate for $2000. I will be phoning BMWCCA to get details. I took delivery today, pics later.

Thanks for the update on all counts. :thumbup: and congrats!

PICS!!! Want pics of first(?) Sparkling Graphite M3!!! :)

johnw
09-05-2005, 09:34 PM
This 2005 M3 must have been made sometime ago. Seems like when I wanted one, there were several available but all delivered early August. Because of these few with black leather interior/sunroofs, I was forced to a '06. My '06 production was started on Aug 28. And the factory was closed through August. Was this car just held up in Germany before shipping??

patton03m3
09-05-2005, 09:44 PM
This 2005 M3 must have been made sometime ago. Seems like when I wanted one, there were several available but all delivered early August. Because of these few with black leather interior/sunroofs, I was forced to a '06. My '06 production was started on Aug 28. And the factory was closed through August. Was this car just held up in Germany before shipping??

The factory was not closed in August. My '05 started on August 8 - was completed August 12. The August factory closing is a myth.

Pinecone
09-07-2005, 06:27 AM
US factories do tend to close that month for model changeovers. Hold over from teh days when each year was massively different, and then written into union labor contracts.

caveatesq
09-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Anyone receive a certificate from BMW or BMWCCA yet?

LMC
09-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Anyone receive a certificate from BMW or BMWCCA yet?

Fred Meloan got his today, the 15th! :thumbup:

rommelrules
09-16-2005, 01:49 PM
I got it yesterday.

I haven't read this whole thread, but in case it wasn't mentioned,
I think it says that the $500 incentive is already included in the $2000.

Of course, like everything in my life, had I waited two months to buy my car,
I would now be $2K richer. Goddamn timing.

Maybe I should sell my house before the market crashes, we have a 9.0 earthquake
in California and forest fires burn whatever is left next week...

patton03m3
09-16-2005, 02:01 PM
I got it yesterday.

I haven't read this whole thread, but in case it wasn't mentioned,
I think it says that the $500 incentive is already included in the $2000.

Of course, like everything in my life, had I waited two months to buy my car,
I would now be $2K richer. Goddamn timing.

Maybe I should sell my house before the market crashes, we have a 9.0 earthquake
in California and forest fires burn whatever is left next week...

OK, I think I'm gonna have to slap somebody... :) ...DETAILS please! Does it mention anything to the effect of pre-existing inventory? Or "present this at time of purchase"? Or is it simply "take delivery of a car in September"? For that matter, what are the valid dates? I already took delivery on Sept 2. Scan it and Post? PLLUUUUUEEEEASSSSEEE! :) Thanks!

UPDATE: Got a copy... 122KB scanned.

LMC
09-16-2005, 09:19 PM
UPDATE: Got a copy... 122KB scanned.

Thanks for the scan!!

patton03m3
09-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the scan!!

Well, I received my certificate, and although I have been a member of BMWCCA for about 3 years, it only mentions the $2000, and not the additional $500. This is clearly a different form from the one I posted above...the fine print to the right is even different. I have some communication going with BMWCCA about this...heck, that $500 is an SSK plus some. :)

LMC
09-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, I received my certificate, and although I have been a member of BMWCCA for about 3 years, it only mentions the $2000, and not the additional $500.

Mine reads exactly like the one you scanned and posted, and lists the VIN of my previous M3 and my CCA membership number below my address. It sounds like you might've gotten the one for the previous M3 owner who is not a CCA member. Hopefully you can straighten that out OK.

LMC
10-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Got a check from BMWNA today for $2,500. :thumbup:

I was worried that the dealership reported the car sold in the BMW system the day before I actually took delivery, but all the paperwork associated with the sale was dated Sept 1st. Anyway, no worries...

While I really wanted the anthracite birch wood trim, I think it's overpriced at $2,000+ and I'm gonna pass.

On the other hand, there are some wheels pulling me towards the Dark Side... :eeps:

patton03m3
10-22-2005, 05:49 PM
I was worried that the dealership reported the car sold in the BMW system the day before I actually took delivery, but all the paperwork associated with the sale was dated Sept 1st. Anyway, no worries...

Sweet! I ordered mine in April, delivered Sept. 2. So I've got my fingers crossed. BMWCCA told me to send in both even though my cert. only mentioned the $2000. I already have the wheels...now to lower it a couple fingers and slap a short shift kit in it when the $$$ gets here.

chuck92103
10-22-2005, 05:56 PM
This is old news, surprised you folks have not heard about the M3 glut.

About a month ago, folks started getting coupons in the mail for the $2,500 off

chuck92103
10-22-2005, 06:01 PM

While I really wanted the anthracite birch wood trim, I think it's overpriced at $2,000+ and I'm gonna pass.

On the other hand, there are some wheels pulling me towards the Dark Side... :eeps:

When you bought your M3, how much off sticker did you get? I can get 3k off sticker now without the coupon, but I suspect you can't have it both ways.

LMC
10-22-2005, 07:30 PM
When you bought your M3, how much off sticker did you get? I can get 3k off sticker now without the coupon, but I suspect you can't have it both ways.

I got $1,505 off sticker. My invoice plus $3,270 deal (invoice + 3K + advertising 220 + doc fee 50) was arranged in March when I ordered the car, so I think I could've "had it both ways" had I more aggressively pursued a lower price -- but I wanted to stay with my local dealer in a smaller town with just one dealer. Given that the rebate only applies to certain folks, I would not think that it would typically have much impact on price negotiations. If the dealer knows you already have a letter in hand for the 2.5K, I suppose they might be more willing to hang tough on price. :dunno:

LMC
10-22-2005, 07:32 PM
This is old news, surprised you folks have not heard about the M3 glut.

About a month ago, folks started getting coupons in the mail for the $2,500 off

Yes, the mail offer is what this thread is about. We got coupons -- and sent them in a month ago. :D

patton03m3
10-24-2005, 12:44 PM

Got the $2000 check today. :) Still waiting on the $500.