PDA

View Full Version : OEM Clears vs. Aftermarket?

Mystikal
12-20-2001, 09:20 PM
So what do you guys think? Are the OEM parts really worth the extra money? The fronts are 155 and the rear 389 at my dealer...pretty steep if you ask me.

I have my reservations of putting japanese crap parts on my Bimmer, but still, the money difference is huge.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Ashe
12-20-2001, 09:22 PM
nt:D

ayn
12-20-2001, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
So what do you guys think? Are the OEM parts really worth the extra money? The fronts are 155 and the rear 389 at my dealer...pretty steep if you ask me.

I have my reservations of putting japanese crap parts on my Bimmer, but still, the money difference is huge.

Any thoughts/experiences?

only get OEM clears, they are around $280 from pacificbmw or circlebmw.

Mystikal
12-21-2001, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by ayn

only get OEM clears, they are around $280 from pacificbmw or circlebmw.

Yeah, that's the other problem. With today's exchange, it would be like $450 from them, plus shipping. It works out to be better if I just get it from my dealer.

Alrighty, I guess you guys made your point. Maybe I'll get them soon, maybe wait till spring....hmmm...

Clem
12-21-2001, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Mystikal

Yeah, that's the other problem. With today's exchange, it would be like $450 from them, plus shipping. It works out to be better if I just get it from my dealer.

Alrighty, I guess you guys made your point. Maybe I'll get them soon, maybe wait till spring....hmmm...

I know there've been a few OEM sets for sale on the E46Fanatics Classifieds board, check there.