BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

best looking car on the road

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  MarkCarson 
#1 ·
is the 6 series coupe. bangle knocked the cover off the ball on this one. from every angle, front, side, back this car is completely and utterly gorgeous. i did not get it at first, but know i am nuts over how beautifully designed this model is. blows the socks off any porsche in my humble opinion in terms of refinement. best color? stratus grey!

#2 ·
I am glad you are finally "getting it" :thumbup:

The 6er is simply awesome. And you wonder why BMW made the 6er their "Flagship" vehicle ;)

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

#3 ·
beewang said:
I am glad you are finally "getting it" :thumbup:

The 6er is simply awesome. And you wonder why BMW made the 6er their "Flagship" vehicle ;)

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:
I thought the 7 series is the official flagship. But hey, I looooooove the E63 (I just ordered the 650i coupe, see new thread). I wonder why they call it the 6 series and not continue with the 8 series name. The 8 was THE flagship coupe. Maybe the old 6 had the better history, as I understand the E31 8 series was a sales flop.

#4 · (Edited)
650iOzBoy said:
I thought the 7 series is the official flagship. .... .
Nai!! The current "flagship" for BMW is E63/E64 6ers. That's per BMW's PR (and not beewang's opinion :p )

I wonder why they called it the 6 series and not continue with the 8 series name. The 8 was a flagship coupe.
The "8" designation is for non-continues line vehicles (860, Z8 etc.) The 6 designation, however is for a continues production line (but don't ask me why there was a gap between the last 6series and the current one, mate :p I am just telling you what was told to me by the blokes at BMW ;) )

#6 ·
:stickpoke :bustingup :bustingup

You must have missed my signature mate :)

I have a 650ci SMG on order that I will be picking up in Munich in another 6 weeks :D

#7 ·
wagonman said:
is the 6 series coupe. bangle knocked the cover off the ball on this one. from every angle, front, side, back this car is completely and utterly gorgeous. i did not get it at first, but know i am nuts over how beautifully designed this model is. blows the socks off any porsche in my humble opinion in terms of refinement. best color? stratus grey!
I agree, the 6 is the most beautiful of the BMWs. The Z is the sexiest looking. The 5 is the sportiest looking of the sedans. The 3 looks cheap. The 7 looks alright.

I really do think the 6 is very beautiful, but I don't know about the most beautiful... hmmm.... that would probably be some Italian car. :)

#8 ·
wagonman said:
I have to agree! [except for the best color]

#9 ·
beewang said:

I have a 650ci SMG on order that I will be picking up in Munich in another 6 weeks :D
Hey, John Wayne :) you using the one foot in each stirrup technique to drive both those ponies to the dock on 10/20 :wow:

What'da going to do with all that hardware??

#10 ·
cobradav said:
Hey, John Wayne :) you using the one foot in each stirrup technique to drive both those ponies to the dock on 10/20 :wow:

What'da going to do with all that hardware??
The wife wants her bimmer too ;)

#11 ·
beewang said:

Great! Yes I did miss the signature. So you ordered the new Monaco blue colour, with the sports package (the new 10 spoke wheels) right? Those wheels style 218 I think are based on the E60 M5 10 spoke wheels. They resemble each other. :thumbup:

#12 ·
Style 218?

Hi Guys,

I haven't seen pictures of the style 218 wheels, does anyone have a pic of it by any chance?

I'm in Singapore, and have already placed my deposit for my 650i SMG Cab...but the dealership here's pretty slow with getting info on the new 6er. It sure is a really beauty...and a beast too!

#13 · (Edited)
JESMAL said:
Hi Guys,

I haven't seen pictures of the style 218 wheels, does anyone have a pic of it by any chance?

I'm in Singapore, and have already placed my deposit for my 650i SMG Cab...but the dealership here's pretty slow with getting info on the new 6er. It sure is a really beauty...and a beast too!
Use this thread to see the 218 style http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109381

218 do not appear to be available in US. They are the standard Sport Pkg version in the UK. Have not tested any other locations. You'll note in this thread I reference that I still prefer the Ellipsoids not only for their looks but for their ease of cleaning.

#14 ·
JESMAL said:
Hi Guys,

Here's the press photo of a 650i coupe in Monaco Blue, with the new 10 spoke 19" wheels. I think they are largely based on the E60 M5 10 spoke wheels, the similarity is there. I ordered my 650i with Individual Composition 1, which comes up 19" style 152 wheels. I've attached a Onyx Blue 645Ci convertible below with the style 152 wheels from Individual. Both wheels are nice. :thumbup:

Attachments

#15 ·
Thanks for the link and pix guys, though I still can't see the resemblence of the new 19s with that of the M5 wheels. Looks pretty normal and does not have the wow factor as in the ellipsoids. The Individual Style 152 wheels are nice, subtle and classy. Good choice.

Anyone notice a new black in the Individual paint range for the 650i?

#16 ·
JESMAL said:
Thanks for the link and pix guys, though I still can't see the resemblence of the new 19s with that of the M5 wheels. Looks pretty normal and does not have the wow factor as in the ellipsoids. The Individual Style 152 wheels are nice, subtle and classy. Good choice.

Anyone notice a new black in the Individual paint range for the 650i?
Here is a M5 with the M wheels. There is a slight resemblence.

Have you decided on your options, colours etc.?

Attachments

#17 ·
650iOzBoy said:
Here's the press photo of a 650i coupe in Monaco Blue, with the new 10 spoke 19" wheels. I think they are largely based on the E60 M5 10 spoke wheels, the similarity is there. I ordered my 650i with Individual Composition 1, which comes up 19" style 152 wheels. I've attached a Onyx Blue 645Ci convertible below with the style 152 wheels from Individual. Both wheels are nice. :thumbup:
That 152 is pretty sharp, classy, very Alpina like. :yumyum: However, I'll stick with my 121s. I hope more people go to something else so mine will be more exclusive, but even if not I would only change to a deep dish type, possibly 101s

Ain't it great that we do not all think alike :)

#18 ·
cobradav said:
That 152 is pretty sharp, classy, very Alpina like. :yumyum: However, I'll stick with my 121s. I hope more people go to something else so mine will be more exclusive, but even if not I would only change to a deep dish type, possibly 101s

Ain't it great that we do not all think alike :)
101 looks hot/sporty. 121 looks unique as a wheel design. 121 came from the original Z9 concept car, which I've attached a pic below.

I have never seen style 152 on a real car before, so I hope my 650i turns out as nice as the pictures.

Attachments

#19 ·
Can argure with you

I took ED on a 645Ci in July - Stratus Gray, SMG, Ellipsoids. I just wish I could have gotten Chromeline window trim with the stratus gray, but the Sport Pkg requires Shadowline trim. I tried to get an exception with BMWNA but no dice. I should take U.S. delivery in 3 weeks. Now I want to order a 2006 650Ci...

And yes, washing fewer spokes makes the ellipsoids attractive. Besides, outside of another 6er, nothing else on the road will have wheels like them. Where I live (Honolulu) they have delivered maybe 20 645's since May 2004 and the only 6 series I see are at the dealership, I've have not seen any on the road. Maybe it's just my neighborhood or route to work, but its still a rare bear of a car in my neck of the woods (or palm trees as it were).

But I could live with the Individual wheels if I can get a 650 ordered via that program.

Straus gray needs to be seen in the sunlight to be appreciated. It looks crappy in shade (a gun metal gray) and worse in the catalog and in web photos. Same for Sepang Bronze (on the M6/M6) which I saw at BMW M in Garching while I was in Munich in July.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.