PDA

View Full Version : How to reset oil service lights in '95 E34

paul330ci
08-22-2002, 09:48 AM
I've seen this before but the search isn't finding anything. As I recall there are two specific pins I need to touch.

Thanks in advance

Razzmatazz
08-31-2002, 12:32 PM
In the diagnostic port, short pins 7 and 19, turn key on to position 2 for about 5 seconds for oil light reset. Inspection takes about 10. But different series cars take a little less/more time than others. You'll have to play with it to get the process down.

Pin 7 is Gnd and 19 is the line you are pulling down for the specified duration.

The diagnostic port has an alignment orientor to keep people from connecting the diagnostic computer cable incorrectly. It looks like a little pac man. Using the pac man mouth as 6 oclock, pin 7 sits below it in the outer ring of pins. Pin 19 sits at 9 oclock on the inner track of the cartouche.

Razzmatazz :mad:

BTW you're the first person on this board I've actually helped, normally I just give people a hard time over at the off topic lounge. shshshshshshshsh Keep it Dark :thumbup:

Razzmatazz
08-31-2002, 08:57 PM
I forgot something a couple of important items. I just became too excited at the prospect of helping someone.:lmao:

After having the ignition key on for the 5-10 seconds, you turn the ignition key to it's off position 0. Nothing happens visually during this time.

Now remove the shorting jumper from the 2 pins. Replace the cap on diagnostic port.

Turn key back on again to position 2 and all the LEDS will come on and then extinguish along with the oil service or inspection indicators. The only thing which should remain on is a single green indicator.

There, that is much better.

Razzmatazz:mad: