PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Tracking

ramyar
09-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Hi all,

I just ordered an 06 M3 and heard that there is an 800 number that you can call and track it since the web site is slow to update. Anyone know what the number is?

Thanks!
RJ

patton03m3
09-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi all,

I just ordered an 06 M3 and heard that there is an 800 number that you can call and track it since the web site is slow to update. Anyone know what the number is?

Thanks!
RJ

800-831-1117
Say "Vehicle Production Status"

Once it's on a boat go here:
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
to Cargo Tracking -> Auto Cargo and put in your VIN.

ramyar
09-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks! It's finished production and is waiting to be shipped... woohoo :)

Bonezilla
09-12-2005, 10:53 AM
I know my car is on a ship, but how do I find it? I used my Vin number on the site mentioned above, no dice. My dealer told it's due to arrive in Oxnard on 9/21/05. Why can't I find my ship???

patton03m3
09-12-2005, 11:53 AM
I know my car is on a ship, but how do I find it? I used my Vin number on the site mentioned above, no dice. My dealer told it's due to arrive in Oxnard on 9/21/05. Why can't I find my ship???

I believe Wallenius is the main shipping line that BMW uses...but sometimes depending on supply and demand they may need to go with another. I would call BMWNA and ask if they know what ship (and line) it was placed on.

Bonezilla
09-12-2005, 02:13 PM
BMWNA said they didn't know what ship my car went on. They weren't very helpful. Even the voice message states, "in transit". Now what?

Kurt Martin
09-12-2005, 05:54 PM
BMWNA said they didn't know what ship my car went on. They weren't very helpful. Even the voice message states, "in transit". Now what?
Your car is probably on an NYK ship. That's how BMW shipped my car to Port Hueneme (CA). If it is on an NYK ship, there is no real-time tracking like for Wallenius. However, your sales person should be able to do a vehicle inquiry and find out what ship, and the expected date of arrival. That's all you will be able to find out, most likely.

I had the same experience: once the car is on the ship, the BMW 800 number is no longer helpful, because they don't have access to the info that your sales person does. I know, that sounds funny, but that's what BMWNA and my sales person said.

Good Luck!

Kurt

Bonezilla
09-13-2005, 06:04 AM
I shouldn't make a big deal about this. The car will be here soon (I'm guessing three more weeks) It's like a kid waiting for Santa Claus. Except, Santa would want to take the BMW. :rofl:

Cowboy Bebop
09-13-2005, 06:52 AM
check the WW site again.
they are often slow to update it.
but as mentioned if it is on NYK, there is no tracking.