PDA

View Full Version : Competition Package... is it worth it? And the color...

Hercules
09-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Two things... is the competition package worth it? I do my share of auto-xing but nothing major... I just enjoy driving.

Also, with regards to the color -- it's gorgeous! But my question is the Mystic Blue about the same or not? I mean, just from looking at the website, they look VERY identical. I haven't seen the Mystic in person, so I can't say for sure.

$4000 is a lot of money for upgraded brakes and 'special' DSC which I'd just turn off when auto-xing anyway....

Pinecone
09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
SEARCH, and SEARCH some more.

bmw330pp
09-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Regarding the color, mystic blue is nice and classy, yet hot in the right places, and interlagos b!tch slaps you in the face with the vibrance and sex appeal. Mystic = Catherine Zeta & Interlagos = Eva Langoria. I'd take Eva FWIW! :thumbup:

philippek
09-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Regarding the color, mystic blue is nice and classy, yet hot in the right places, and interlagos b!tch slaps you in the face with the vibrance and sex appeal. Mystic = Catherine Zeta & Interlagos = Eva Langoria. I'd take Eva FWIW! :thumbup:
:eek: sounds like you need to be bitch slapped in the face with vibrance and sex appeal.

bmw330pp
09-14-2005, 03:57 PM
:eek: sounds like you need to be bitch slapped in the face with vibrance and sex appeal.
You know it! :D Hows it been?

philippek
09-14-2005, 03:57 PM
You know it! :D Hows it been?

Boring. When's the next OC meet? I know it's time for another one cuz I've stopped burping up tofu.

bmw330pp
09-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Boring. When's the next OC meet? I know it's time for another one cuz I've stopped burping up tofu.
When you can borrow an M5/6 and give all attending festers a test drive! :D

liuk3
09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
According to at least two publications I've read, the ZCP is lacking in the "competition" aspect of it's namesake.

Hercules
09-15-2005, 10:35 AM
According to at least two publications I've read, the ZCP is lacking in the "competition" aspect of it's namesake.
I think I may order it when I put in the order for the car. I am going to get the tire replacement addon deal for $400 or whatever it is, so the 19" wheel size doesn't bother me... in fact, I quite like the wheels :)

The color is gorgeous and the fact I get bigger brakes is nice too. While it may not impart 'competition' it looks the part and since I am not getting an M3 every day, I may as well order it the way I want. I figure since I am not ordering it until this coming Spring, I would probably be able to knock a few bucks off of it.

Question is now... Cinnamon interior, or black? :)

TJS///M3
09-15-2005, 11:02 AM
I think I may order it when I put in the order for the car. I am going to get the tire replacement addon deal for $400 or whatever it is, so the 19" wheel size doesn't bother me... in fact, I quite like the wheels :)

The color is gorgeous and the fact I get bigger brakes is nice too. While it may not impart 'competition' it looks the part and since I am not getting an M3 every day, I may as well order it the way I want. I figure since I am not ordering it until this coming Spring, I would probably be able to knock a few bucks off of it.

Question is now... Cinnamon interior, or black? :)

Are you talking about Interlagos Blue? ZCP can be ordered with any color, not only ILB. But ILB is only available with ZCP. I would suggest you go and see ILB or Mystic in person before you order it, but I fell in love with it first time I saw it in person. I really wish they would let you choose between ILB, Mystic, Avus, Le Mans or Technoviolet. I think I might have gone with TV :). And if you end up getting ILB, get cinnamon :thumbup:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107449

Hercules
09-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Wait wait wait... I can get technoviolet on the M3?

What does that look like? Sounds kickass! But I saw the Interlagos Blue in the dealer the other day and like you, I fell in love with it :)

TJS///M3
09-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Sure you can get Technoviolet.. or Avus or Le Mans or Barbera Red Metallic if you wanted..

Just have to pay $2,500 more for it.

Hercules
09-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Sure you can get Technoviolet.. or Avus or Le Mans or Barbera Red Metallic if you wanted..

In that case, I'll stick with the IGL :) It's gorgeous on its own.

flashinthepan
09-15-2005, 03:18 PM
In that case, I'll stick with the IGL :) It's gorgeous on its own.

Herc..Cool :thumbup: Have you considered waiting for a peak at the E90 M3 1st ?

Just curious, dont blame you if you want something now.

Hercules
09-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Herc..Cool :thumbup: Have you considered waiting for a peak at the E90 M3 1st ?

Just curious, dont blame you if you want something now.
I have absolutely no interest in any of the E90 cars. Not the 5 series, not the 3 series, and certainly not the M3/M5.

They are all hideous and after having driven the 545i, I felt like I was driving a goddamned computer. No thanks. Plain and simple for me. The new M3 may have more bells and whistles, but I still want to feel like *I* am driving the car.

flashinthepan
09-15-2005, 04:02 PM
You probably already saw this...but for good measure

-------------------------------------

In today's mail I received a certificate from BMW NA good for $2,000 toward the purchase of a 2005 M3 coupe or convertible.

The certificate is good until Dec 31, 2005 while the current supply of M3 coupes and convertibles last.

Anyone considering the purchase of a 2005 M3 coupe or convertible should take advantage of this offer.

It appears that the certificate was sent only to BMW CCA members so this is just another reason to belong to the BMW CCA.

Please note that the certificate is in addition to the $500 BMW CCA Membership Reward

Hercules
09-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I won't be buying it in 2005, but it's definately appreciated :)

Pinecone
09-17-2005, 04:57 AM

No, you can only get colors that are currently BMW normally available colors in the US, plus a couple extra, In other countries you can get a wider range of colors.

LMC
09-17-2005, 09:36 AM
I figure since I am not ordering it until this coming Spring, I would probably be able to knock a few bucks off of it.

If you wait until spring you will probably be too late. The car will cease production before the end of the normal model year, and you could find yourself unable to find a dealer with an allocation.

If you have decided on the M3, I would suggest negotiating a deal soon.

SpeedFreak!
09-17-2005, 09:59 AM
If you wait until spring you will probably be too late. The car will cease production before the end of the normal model year, and you could find yourself unable to find a dealer with an allocation.

If you have decided on the M3, I would suggest negotiating a deal soon.

This is true... especially in a hot market.

Production will cease in May... 5/06... so make sure you are in there before the last minute. I think you will have a more difficult time negotiating a price on the last few units they get. I know that if the demand for the E46 M3 remains as strong as it is now (90% SOLD before they reach the dealership)... we won't need to discount the last of the legend... :D

Hercules
09-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Well then that's what will happen to me -- I have to wait and be patient because the money isn't here to spend on it yet and besides, it's easier to spend more when you HAVE it than to spend less when you don't.

I don't mind paying the premium (provided it's not OBSCENE) :)

InterlagoAsanti
09-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Two things... is the competition package worth it? I do my share of auto-xing but nothing major... I just enjoy driving.

Also, with regards to the color -- it's gorgeous! But my question is the Mystic Blue about the same or not? I mean, just from looking at the website, they look VERY identical. I haven't seen the Mystic in person, so I can't say for sure.

$4000 is a lot of money for upgraded brakes and 'special' DSC which I'd just turn off when auto-xing anyway....

Get my car (see below) :bigpimp:

the color takes mystic to school and laughs at it IMO i love I-blue!!!!

InterlagoAsanti
09-17-2005, 10:10 PM
And the alcantara and trim + bigger cross drilled rotors are a nice touch!!

i just love the freakin color is all that made the decision uber easy for me

TD330ci
09-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Are you talking about Interlagos Blue? And if you end up getting ILB, get cinnamon :thumbup:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107449

:thumbup: :thumbup: :D I fully agree!!

InterlagoAsanti
09-19-2005, 10:34 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :D I fully agree!!

personally i love the light grey interior with the zcp aluuminum trim and the i-blue outside (aka my car - lol)

but YES cinnamon is sweet :thumbup:

boxerman
09-22-2005, 01:44 PM
I did not like the trim, thought the alcantra felt wierd and would look dirty and crappy within a year or so. The 19 wheels seem to be more of a fashion statement and the ride with 18's is already on the hard side.

The steering rack is a nice improvement, the stock brakes are more thasn adequate for the street, apparently neither stock nor zcp brakes are up to any type of serious track work. So it all boils down to a bunch of cosmetics and the steering rack.

Personaly if I could have ordered mine with the zcp rack, and maybee brakes i would have, the rest of the package was more of a turn off, especialy the alcantra.

Hercules
09-22-2005, 04:51 PM
I did not like the trim, thought the alcantra felt wierd and would look dirty and crappy within a year or so. The 19 wheels seem to be more of a fashion statement and the ride with 18's is already on the hard side.

The steering rack is a nice improvement, the stock brakes are more thasn adequate for the street, apparently neither stock nor zcp brakes are up to any type of serious track work. So it all boils down to a bunch of cosmetics and the steering rack.

Personaly if I could have ordered mine with the zcp rack, and maybee brakes i would have, the rest of the package was more of a turn off, especialy the alcantra.
I'm beginning to agree more and more -- I think my primary allure to the car is the color as it's GORGEOUS, but I can't justify spending $4k for the color and rims. Besides the fact, I'm not a big fan of the alacantra either -- I saw it in person and I think you are correct in saying it will get dirty easily and it doesn't give the 'touch of elegance' I'm just used to from BMW.

I am thinking I may just buy a used M3 at the ~$40k mark instead of leasing a new one. I will be able to do whatever I want to it (brake upgrades and the like), and I needn't worry about mileage either.

Besides I think it's going to be cheaper for me to replace 18" tires than 19s! :) And I have a tendency to shred tires sooner (even though I rotate often) than most people. I suppose it's because I take turns hard and just beat the sh*t out of them.

Moderato
09-22-2005, 05:50 PM
You don't need an M3 it's a complete waste of money. PM me for info about how you can buy my 04 330i 6MT for only 29K with a free set of new 17" wheels & snow tires. :angel:

Hercules
09-22-2005, 05:52 PM
You don't need an M3 it's a complete waste of money. PM me for info about how you can buy my 04 330i 6MT for only 29K with a free set of new 17" wheels & snow tires. :angel:
:D

InterlagoAsanti
09-22-2005, 10:40 PM

ummm, yeah and with those TPS reports - coever sheets man cover sheets

. . . u ever driven an e46 //m3 bub? personally after test driving a 330 after an e46 //m i was like "check please" SOLD

compared to the //m3, the 330 is simply guttless . . . granted its personal preference but after driving an //m i was hooked - no 330 could ever satisfy my tastes now - i deserve an //m as the m3 compliments my driving style and personality -

Take this for what its worth, probably nothing . . . but as i live in the oc - a 330 is "just another freakin bmw" given i admit this is NOT a reason to buy or not to buy one or the other at all - BUT it correctly summarizes my opinions towards the 330 or any bmw for that matter that isn't the //m class (save the 7 series) . . . aka YAWN

but a 330 might be heaven on earth for you which is AWESOME!!!

However - to say "it's a complete waste of money" without saying that statement is "just your opinion" makes it a completly false blanket B.S. statement in which case save your money and buy an //m the zcp might be a complete waste of money to you but to say that about the //m3 as a whole - yeah a ferrari is a complete waste of money too - but for those who can afford one - it is most certainly not

why on earth would you settle for less if you could afford an //m?? - i know the way u meant it bro and im STOKED for you and your being content with the 330, bmw love man - and im NOT saying the whole im rich and your not blah blah, i can afford the //m and because this allows me to put the 330 and the //m3 side by side without worrying about cost - can you really NOT see the fact that the 330 is a lesser car? . . .

but back on tract . . . IMHO the 06 M3 zcp im getting is worth every freakin cent

Moderato
09-23-2005, 07:54 AM
ummm, yeah and with those TPS reports - coever sheets man cover sheets

. . . u ever driven an e46 //m3 bub? personally after test driving a 330 after an e46 //m i was like "check please" SOLD

compared to the //m3, the 330 is simply guttless . . . granted its personal preference but after driving an //m i was hooked - no 330 could ever satisfy my tastes now - i deserve an //m as the m3 compliments my driving style and personality -

Take this for what its worth, probably nothing . . . but as i live in the oc - a 330 is "just another freakin bmw" given i admit this is NOT a reason to buy or not to buy one or the other at all - BUT it correctly summarizes my opinions towards the 330 or any bmw for that matter that isn't the //m class (save the 7 series) . . . aka YAWN

but a 330 might be heaven on earth for you which is AWESOME!!!

However - to say "it's a complete waste of money" without saying that statement is "just your opinion" makes it a completly false blanket B.S. statement in which case save your money and buy an //m the zcp might be a complete waste of money to you but to say that about the //m3 as a whole - yeah a ferrari is a complete waste of money too - but for those who can afford one - it is most certainly not

why on earth would you settle for less if you could afford an //m?? - i know the way u meant it bro and im STOKED for you and your being content with the 330, bmw love man - and im NOT saying the whole im rich and your not blah blah, i can afford the //m and because this allows me to put the 330 and the //m3 side by side without worrying about cost - can you really NOT see the fact that the 330 is a lesser car? . . .

but back on tract . . . IMHO the 06 M3 zcp im getting is worth every freakin cent

Stop, stop, - you're cracking me up! :rofl: :bustingup

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112203
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112202

LMC
09-23-2005, 08:24 AM
Take this for what its worth, probably nothing

:p

mkh
09-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Stop, stop, - you're cracking me up! :rofl: :bustingup
LOL, I couldn't stop laughing. :rofl: :thumbup: A typical manifestation of arrogance before realizing who one is talking to.

InterlagoAsanti
09-23-2005, 09:39 PM
OMG :rofl - ok, you've definitely driven an //m, and yes freakin own one, guess im the "bub"now . . . slight miscalculation there, my bad for sure . . . but LIKE I KNEW :) - sucks being new to a board . . . that being said, i knew you were a mod btw which is why i decided to rant cause the opinions of someone in your shoes gets taken seriously - hence my taking it seriously as NO ONE is going to say my //m is a "complete waste of money" i dont care if youre my mother - had i any idea you were joking however . . . jeeeez :)

thanks for the links to clear that up . . . and i totally, being a noob to the forum, didn't know (and do you expect me to btw?) your personal purchasing history - so i went ranting . .. niiiiice :rofl:

im glad i provided a nice laugh to you all as i too am laughing now - but how the heck was i to know you just purchased an m3!!! haha - GREAT purchase (as you know) btw!

well at least were all now on the same page - lol that was a painful transition :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

and MKH, not arrogace friend, re-read the post - im simply stating my observance of a very typical method owners DO use to dismiss cars out of thier price range as being "wastes" and such - its correct to compare autos on a "car vs car" basis - NOT on a "car without monetary-insecurity vs car with monetary-insecurity" basis - therefore, when a respected member simply states my beloved //m3 is "a complete waste of $$" i react - tho next time my reaction will be to do some freakin research on the mod for (blank) sakes :)

yes i own an m3 but the underlying motivations behind my post is one of inspiration . . wanted to convey the notion of dont settle for any bmw now, save for just a bit longer, and enjoy the m3 you really want . . . thats what ive done and ive finally arrived

in a cash driven world, the financial situation of a person is an example of a real factor to consider behind the motivations for the same individual giving a "dismissing" opinion such as what i thought i witnessed above - and im not going to let that be taken for fact about the //m3 which i love . . . especally from a MOD who has clout. . BUT i was totally mistaken in the meaning of the post so most importantly:

if i offended anyone, my apologies

i just love my freakin //M3 and wish everyone could share the same :thumbup:

Moderato
09-23-2005, 10:23 PM
OMG :rofl - ok, you've definitely driven an //m, and yes freakin own one, guess im the "bub"now . . . slight miscalculation there, my bad for sure . . . but LIKE I KNEW :) - sucks being new to a board . . . that being said, i knew you were a mod btw which is why i decided to rant cause the opinions of someone in your shoes gets taken seriously - hence my taking it seriously as NO ONE is going to say my //m is a "complete waste of money" i dont care if youre my mother - had i any idea you were joking however . . . jeeeez :)

thanks for the links to clear that up . . . and i totally, being a noob to the forum, didn't know (and do you expect me to btw?) your personal purchasing history - so i went ranting . .. niiiiice :rofl:

im glad i provided a nice laugh to you all as i too am laughing now - but how the heck was i to know you just purchased an m3!!! haha - GREAT purchase (as you know) btw!

well at least were all now on the same page - lol that was a painful transition :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

and MKH, not arrogace friend, re-read the post - im simply stating my observance of a very typical method owners DO use to dismiss cars out of thier price range as being "wastes" and such - its correct to compare autos on a "car vs car" basis - NOT on a "car without monetary-insecurity vs car with monetary-insecurity" basis - therefore, when a respected member simply states my beloved //m3 is "a complete waste of $$" i react - tho next time my reaction will be to do some freakin research on the mod for (blank) sakes :)

yes i own an m3 but the underlying motivations behind my post is one of inspiration . . wanted to convey the notion of dont settle for any bmw now, save for just a bit longer, and enjoy the m3 you really want . . . thats what ive done and ive finally arrived

in a cash driven world, the financial situation of a person is an example of a real factor to consider behind the motivations for the same individual giving a "dismissing" opinion such as what i thought i witnessed above - and im not going to let that be taken for fact about the //m3 which i love . . . especally from a MOD who has clout. . BUT i was totally mistaken in the meaning of the post so most importantly:

if i offended anyone, my apologies

i just love my freakin //M3 and wish everyone could share the same :thumbup:

Don't worry about it, you had good intentions. BTW - I'm not a MOD, either. I should be one though, I'm on here all the time. :D

InterlagoAsanti
09-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Don't worry about it, you had good intentions. BTW - I'm not a MOD, either. I should be one though, I'm on here all the time. :D

ok stike two . .. :rofl:

so . . . that ZCP package worth it or what? :D

Moderato
09-24-2005, 06:05 PM
ok stike two . .. :rofl:

:beerchug: