PDA

View Full Version : $2,000 Discount

GimpyMcFarlan
09-16-2005, 02:55 PM
I received a letter from Jack Pitney (VP, Marketing) today offering $2,000 off the purchase of a 2006 M3. (CCA discount included) Anyone else receive this? :dunno:

SteveT
09-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Gimpy, are you sure it isn't for a 2005 M3? I just received one also, but it was for a 2005 car.

GimpyMcFarlan
09-17-2005, 06:20 AM
Gimpy, are you sure it isn't for a 2005 M3? I just received one also, but it was for a 2005 car.

Nope, definitely for an M3 Coupe or Convertable. Attatched is a pic of the form. :dunno: This has me seriously considering an M3. The lease is up on my 330Ci so it is decision time. If I can negotiate a good price for a stripped down M3 Coupe I would have a hard time not pulling the trigger. I still have a lot of research to do before I get to a decision point. This offer has definitely caught me off guard.

Boile
09-17-2005, 06:29 AM
It says 2005 in more than one place in there. :confused:
I may have to go get my reading glass... BRB.

GimpyMcFarlan
09-17-2005, 06:33 AM
It says 2005 in more than one place in there. :confused:
I may have to go get my reading glass... BRB.

BMWUSA lists the current model as the 06. They must be having a hard time getting rid of 05 inventory. :dunno:

SteveT
09-17-2005, 09:06 AM
It's a good deal if you can find a car you are interested in. I checked the inventories online here and there's mostly convertibles available. True they may want to clear out the remaining 2005 cars. Let us know what you do.

S54
09-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Does anybody know if there are any ZCP 05's left in inventory? If so please PM me with the dealer name.

TIA

SpeedFreak!
09-17-2005, 06:25 PM
This is for a MY05... ONLY... NOT an '06.

You must be a BMW CCA member... or... bought/leased M3 from '95-2004.

SpeedFreak!
09-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Does anybody know if there are any ZCP 05's left in inventory? If so please PM me with the dealer name.

TIA

As of this minute... BMW DCS.net says there are 43 ZCP equipped M3s in the United States (nothing in KY). This may not reflect the last 72 hours of sales, since some dealers are slower then others to RDR their sales.

S54
09-17-2005, 08:27 PM
As of this minute... BMW DCS.net says there are 43 ZCP equipped M3s in the United States (nothing in KY). This may not reflect the last 72 hours of sales, since some dealers are slower then others to RDR their sales.

:thumbup: Nice, could you PM a list to me? Maybe I'll get lucky and find one optioned close to how I would order an 06.

TIA

SpeedFreak!
09-17-2005, 08:56 PM
:thumbup: Nice, could you PM a list to me? Maybe I'll get lucky and find one optioned close to how I would order an 06.

TIA

Remind me tomorrow... Sunday... I'll re-run the locate and let you know what is where. If you want... list critical specifics and I'll narrow the search.

Bruce
09-18-2005, 03:13 PM
As of Saturday afternoon there were only 77 05 M3s on the ground. Nothing really good.

Zoomie80
09-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Remind me tomorrow... Sunday... I'll re-run the locate and let you know what is where. If you want... list critical specifics and I'll narrow the search.

I received on of those certificates Friday! Been a CCA member for about 10 years now...that membership may just pay off!

I'm looking for:
- Mystic Blue, Silver Gray, Imola Red, Titanium Silver
- Blk leather
- Alum trim
- 6sp manual
- Premium Pkg
- Xenons
- Heated seats
- Adj width/lumbar support
- HK

Are any 05s still available in this configuration?

Thanx for the help!!

Cheers,
Zoomie

Jeff_DML
09-19-2005, 10:12 AM

any stripper :p m3s?, looking at the SD dealers I couldnt find any, assume need to do a dealer trade.

M3 comp review car in the latest roundel would be my ideal. Comp package with special blue and no options.
:thumbup:

TIA

jetstream23
09-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Waiting another month or so might get someone a good deal on a convertible going into the winter. :dunno: Unless you are out here in AZ where the winter is when you want that convertible.

Maybe I could find a northern dealership that wants to get rid of a convertible and thinks it will be hard to sell one in the winter. Then just have it shipped to AZ where October through May is the convertible season !!!

mtbscott
09-19-2005, 11:04 AM
When I first heard of this offer, I got excited. My 2003 M3 coupe is getting lots of mileage. I have a Mini S on order for November/December delivery to take on commuter duty, so I could manage a new M3 on a lower cost/lower mileage lease this time around. The downside is there doesn't really seem to be much inventory. The only local cars are fully loaded 'verts and I would guess that's pretty similar to the rest of national inventory. I wish BMW would have done this a couple of months ago, I don't see this setting off a gold rush for them at this point.

bimmerguy
09-19-2005, 01:37 PM
When I first heard of this offer, I got excited. My 2003 M3 coupe is getting lots of mileage. I have a Mini S on order for November/December delivery to take on commuter duty, so I could manage a new M3 on a lower cost/lower mileage lease this time around. The downside is there doesn't really seem to be much inventory. The only local cars are fully loaded 'verts and I would guess that's pretty similar to the rest of national inventory. I wish BMW would have done this a couple of months ago, I don't see this setting off a gold rush for them at this point.

There might be some more on boats or going through VPC, so I would keep an eye on things for next couple weeks.

LMC
09-19-2005, 03:37 PM
I received a letter from Jack Pitney (VP, Marketing) today offering $2,000 off the purchase of a 2006 M3. (CCA discount included) Anyone else receive this? :dunno:

Yeah, lots of folks getting that -- but $2,500 off an '05.

But, the important question is: You gonna do anything about it? :bigpimp:

Bruce
09-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah, lots of folks getting that -- but $2,500 off an '05.

But, the important question is: You gonna do anything about it? :bigpimp:

It is 2k off not 2500....the 500 is already included (at least that is how I read the letter).

I don't think there are any more incoming. I think 77 coupes is it. I had the dealer check on Saturday and i beleieve it was showing even incoming cars (which shouldn't be many if any).

GimpyMcFarlan
09-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Just got back from the dealer...

The certificate itself is worth $2000 and you can still take advantage of the $500 CCA rebate. :thumbup: As already mentioned here the root problem is availability. There are only around 20 M3's on the East/Central/South region of the country. There was only 1 w/o PP and most had 19" wheels which is a big $$$ item I don't want. :tsk: Even if you find one close AND the remote dealer is willing to trade you still have a $1000+ transportation charge to pay to get the car to your local dealer. :rolleyes:

SpeedFreak!
09-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Just got back from the dealer...

The certificate itself is worth $2000 and you can still take advantage of the $500 CCA rebate. :thumbup:

Correct! :thumbup:

SpeedFreak!
09-19-2005, 06:01 PM
As I post this... it's down to 71.

GimpyMcFarlan
09-24-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm inching closer to a deal on an M3 with my dealer. Remote dealer is willing to trade for a 7 series. We will see if they are willing to accept a future allocation since my local dealer doesn't have one on the lot. I've heard the 7s are tough to keep around. :dunno: I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

LMC
09-24-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm inching closer to a deal on an M3 with my dealer.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Hope it works! :thumbup:

GimpyMcFarlan
10-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Just got back from picking up the M3 from Alabama and boy was it a great trip! Very long hours in the car (2 - 5 hour stints across 2 days) but she performed wonderfully. Even at pre-breakin revs she had plenty of power the the manual tranny shifted smoothly overall. I'll need time to get used to the clutch b/c it has a significant different feel from the 330Ci but that will not take long. Here is the SIG pic...

SteveT
10-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Congratulations! You really took maximum advantage out their offer. Well done.

:thumbup:

doeboy
10-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Just got back from picking up the M3 from Alabama and boy was it a great trip! Very long hours in the car (2 - 5 hour stints across 2 days) but she performed wonderfully. Even at pre-breakin revs she had plenty of power the the manual tranny shifted smoothly overall. I'll need time to get used to the clutch b/c it has a significant different feel from the 330Ci but that will not take long. Here is the SIG pic...

Congrats! :clap:

LMC
10-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Just got back from picking up the M3

Congratulations, Gimpy! :thumbup:

So is the 330 history?