PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Modification Tickets - Another WARNING!

AsianImage
09-18-2005, 11:05 AM
I just wanted to share my experience at a house party last night. Those that live in So Cal...ever been to TEMPLE CITY? or Know where it is? Pretty nice area, conservative, mostly Asian upper middle class. They use LA COUNTY Sherriffs since they do not have their own police force.

I was at a friend's bday party in his townhouse on TEMPLE CITY BLVD, main drag. Nice party...couple of kegs, awesome music..good time. I heard that cops came by and it was around 12 midnight...so it made sense that is usually the cut off time. So I start making my way out and go home.

Right there on the street...THREE Sheriff cars are spread along the street with deputies walking up and down TICKETING ANY MODIFIED CAR! There were like 5 offices with flash lights, looking for front plates, exhaust, lowered. ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING they could find. My car was parked like 2 cars ahead of the cop that was ticketing a car for tinted rear lights and no front plate. I saw behind me a SCION get a ticket and I think an Acura RSX that was fixed up too. Luckily I got in my car...slowly pulled away and was outta there.

This LA Mod law is serious. The cops are now LOOKING AT PARKED CARS at a dang party! So all you super fixed up cars be careful...I dont think anywhere is safe in So Cal anymore. Just crazy.

Bob Clevenger
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
I have often wondered why people mod their cars to the extent that they may as well hang a sign on them saying "TICKET ME." And then they complain when the cops do their job.
Glad to hear that you didn't get a ticket and had a good time at the party.

bmw330pp
09-26-2005, 01:44 PM
I just wanted to share my experience at a house party last night. Those that live in So Cal...ever been to TEMPLE CITY? or Know where it is? Pretty nice area, conservative, mostly Asian upper middle class. They use LA COUNTY Sherriffs since they do not have their own police force.

I was at a friend's bday party in his townhouse on TEMPLE CITY BLVD, main drag. Nice party...couple of kegs, awesome music..good time. I heard that cops came by and it was around 12 midnight...so it made sense that is usually the cut off time. So I start making my way out and go home.

Right there on the street...THREE Sheriff cars are spread along the street with deputies walking up and down TICKETING ANY MODIFIED CAR! There were like 5 offices with flash lights, looking for front plates, exhaust, lowered. ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING they could find. My car was parked like 2 cars ahead of the cop that was ticketing a car for tinted rear lights and no front plate. I saw behind me a SCION get a ticket and I think an Acura RSX that was fixed up too. Luckily I got in my car...slowly pulled away and was outta there.

This LA Mod law is serious. The cops are now LOOKING AT PARKED CARS at a dang party! So all you super fixed up cars be careful...I dont think anywhere is safe in So Cal anymore. Just crazy.
Did you ever get your front plate ticket signed off?