PDA

View Full Version : M3 European Delivery, advice requested...

exotics4fun
09-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi all, I'm trying to set-up a European Delivery M3CIC order for this spring (June) but my local client advisor told me they're not available through that program. Information I've seen on this website makes this seem unlikely to be true, does anyone have any advice on how to make this happen? I understand allocation, etc., and that I shouldn't expect a monster discount on the purchase but not available, hmmm......

Also, are there any threads of Individual Program photos? I'm debating doing a special paint code order for my car if I can order it in the first place. :confused:

RChoudry
09-21-2005, 06:05 PM
I done it!!

There is no discount but you can stil pick up in Munich. Find another dealer or have them check with BMW.

e36M3r
09-21-2005, 06:25 PM
I did one with RChoudry... in fact we visited Regensburg together..

It's true they are not available 'thru the program' ie: with a discount like essentially all plain ol' BMWs :p :rofl: Plus M3s come out of a dealers "allocation" while other BMWs don't, thus the other cars can be like an extra sale if the dealer is already selling all the cars they are allotted. So there may be a tiny bit of resistance, especially if they don't know you.

In addition you can not order custom colors or anything whatsoever non-standard (only listed available options) when doing Euro Delivery.

LMC
09-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi all, I'm trying to set-up a European Delivery M3CIC order for this spring (June) but my local client advisor told me they're not available through that program. Information I've seen on this website makes this seem unlikely to be true, does anyone have any advice on how to make this happen? I understand allocation, etc., and that I shouldn't expect a monster discount on the purchase but not available, hmmm......

Also, are there any threads of Individual Program photos? I'm debating doing a special paint code order for my car if I can order it in the first place. :confused:

As E36 M3r says, special orders and euro delivery don't mix.

If you want to look at spec order colors on M3s, a good web site to do that is www.m3forum.net, although you'll need to do some searching. Another site with some special paint pics is m3.madrussian.net

In addition, let me say that I think it's a good thing you're getting an early start on this :thumbup: ; allocations may get hard to find near the end!

exotics4fun
09-22-2005, 03:33 PM
My local dealers aren't cooperating with me on this, I might have to either look outside my geography or just go with a lightly-optioned Boxster S, they're about the same price-point and Porsche doesn't give me crap about wanting to do a euro delivery. I just love the practicality of the M3 though, and SMG is such a blast to drive IMHO. Thanks for the replies, at least I know now that it CAN be done, I'm just getting the runaround (reacharound) from dealers around here.

e36M3r
09-22-2005, 03:58 PM
You say dealerS plural... It's hard to believe there would actually be a problem finding a dealer up there. You could always try BMW of Santa Barbara, a forum sponsor, since an ED car is ordered anyway, then get down here and have a nice drive home when it finally arrives. I've never had a "no" asking any dealer to do ED.

exotics4fun
09-22-2005, 04:16 PM
A few minutes ago I finally got someone managing a local store (Wa.) to tell me why there's so much resistance, it's that they don't get holdback $$$ on euro-delivery cars. The profit they see for these orders is only the spread between invoice and sale-price, and holdback on a M3CIC is pretty beefy. I bet if I pay full whack someone will sell me this car since this would mitigate some of the loss of holdback, I just haven't paid full sticker for a car for a long, long time now.