PDA

View Full Version : DSP Equalizer settings

Mathew
08-27-2002, 05:33 PM
Whats a good combination for DSP settings in terms of 100, 200, 500, 1K, 5K etc..etc..etc. What should be low and what should be high? I listen to all sorts of music, (except rap and country) so i cant really select one music genre to base it off of.

DougDogs
08-27-2002, 06:03 PM
unless you have a pink noise generator, and a very good SPM. (sound pressure meter) any and all settings are going to be just what you like.

listening enjoyment is all about taste, set it the way you like for what you are listening to. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that, but everyone's taste is different.

bh330ci
08-27-2002, 09:35 PM
It all comes down to personal preference, but as a general rule the "sweet spot" of human hearing is the midrange of audible sound(1khz - 12.5khz comes to mind but don't quote me:dunno: ) so usually jacking up lows and highs tends to balance the overall sound. Anyway, play around for a little while and it will definitely be worth your while:thumbup:

Ack
08-28-2002, 05:50 AM
I agree with what everyone is already telling you. Don't bother using a SPM or anything, unless you are worried about competing in IASCA. Set it up to your personal preferences, that is what I did. I was going to compete in IASCA until I realized that they measure how flat your sound is across all frequencies. It looks good on a graph, but doesn't sound too good to the human ear.

Mathew
08-28-2002, 11:38 AM
I figured it would be mostly a personal preference, just looking for some ideas. The past couple of days ive been fiddling with the iDrive trying to get the best sound. Ive started out from flat and tweaked it out from there, but i think the sound could be better:dunno:

Ill see if i can make it better today, thanks anyways guys