PDA

View Full Version : I am in the September NCC Driving School! NE1 else get confirmation?

CD-55
08-27-2002, 04:49 PM
Now all I have to do is get the car, but I think I have that all figured out now.

nate
08-27-2002, 04:59 PM
"The car"?

A Buick?

CD-55
08-27-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by nate328Ci
"The car"?

A Buick?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: LOL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have not yet closed the deal, but I will send you a hint in you PM.

AF
08-27-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by CD-55

What's with the secrets ? You gonna have to tell us sooner or later . . .

TD
08-27-2002, 05:54 PM
Ironically, I am officially NOT in.

Wait list.

Far enough down that they returned my check.

nate
08-27-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by TD

Wait list.

:cry:

·clyde·
08-27-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by TD

Wait list.

Damn...I know how much you were looking forward to it. Going to any more autocrosses? I was little late in sending email for the one Sept 21...haven't heard back yet.

TD
08-27-2002, 06:05 PM

:cry:

I find it distressing that it's hard to get track time even if you're willing to pay $350 for two days. I want to get back out there. I just *assumed* I'd get a slot.

Ah well.. Nothing I can do about it now.

nate
08-27-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by TD

I find it distressing that it's hard to get track time even if you're willing to pay $350 for two days. I want to get back out there. I just *assumed* I'd get a slot.

That really blows :thumbdwn:

I assume that there are other organizations that hold DE's. Indepenednet car clubs, PCA, etc that you could go to. Or maybe even drive to a track further away if you are eager....

I am planning on sending my registration in tomorrow. $195 is a good deal :thumbup: Also, got an e-mail from the SCCA today, auto-x prices are $15 this weekend. I think I will go to Test N' Tune and the competition :thumbup:

·clyde·
08-27-2002, 06:24 PM
I assume that there are other organizations that hold DE's. Indepenednet car clubs, PCA, etc that you could go to. Or maybe even drive to a track further away if you are eager....

There's a number of tracks within an easy day's drive and there are plenty of clubs and events. NCC is just so crowded with some 4,000 members.

nate
08-27-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Clyde@work

There's a number of tracks within an easy day's drive and there are plenty of clubs and events. NCC is just so crowded with some 4,000 members.

Then what's the problem? Go with another group if the BMWCCA can't take you :dunno:

There will be plenty of BMWs at other events....

CD-55
08-27-2002, 06:48 PM

Then what's the problem? Go with another group if the BMWCCA can't take you :dunno:

There will be plenty of BMWs at other events....

Yep, I think for about $5 per year we can get associate memberships in other BMWCCA clubs who use the same track. A few people do that just to make sure they get in more track days.

CD-55
08-27-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by TD

I know!!!

You know why, it is becuase you already have 2-days. People with 0-days and 1-day are both ahead of you.

JST
08-27-2002, 06:52 PM

Don't keep the rest of us in suspense...

So, TD, does that mean you're going to swing by Curry's? I'm hoping to find some instant gratification stuff there that I can spend some money on, though I don't know exactly what yet.

BTW, how are those Konis treating you?

·clyde·
08-27-2002, 07:02 PM

Yep, I think for about $5 per year we can get associate memberships in other BMWCCA clubs who use the same track. A few people do that just to make sure they get in more track days.

I think that it's $7 actually :D

I know that some NCC people are going to Watkins Glen soon, but thats kind of far. VIR isn't too far away and Richmond isn't either. And then there's a track or two in PA too :D

btw, just heard from Roy...#120 for sept 21.

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-27-2002, 07:05 PM

I think that it's $7 actually :D

I know that some NCC people are going to Watkins Glen soon, but thats kind of far. VIR isn't too far away and Richmond isn't either. And then there's a track or two in PA too :D

btw, just heard from Roy...#120 for sept 21.

They're allowing signup for that already?

TD
08-27-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by JST

Don't keep the rest of us in suspense...

So, TD, does that mean you're going to swing by Curry's? I'm hoping to find some instant gratification stuff there that I can spend some money on, though I don't know exactly what yet.

BTW, how are those Konis treating you?

I looked over the Curry's post and thought the same thing myself. Basically, what small dollar item can I pick up. Last year I though that would be the UUC clutch arm bushings, but they are still not installed as that looks like a job for someone better than me.

But, yeah, I'll probably head over if I don't come off the waitlist (and I know I won't).

So far so good on the Konis. There do not ride any stiffer than stock, but (combined with the RSMs) the whole rear feels much tighter.

As you know, I was going to have the front Konis installed when I had my pre-track tech inspection done. Well, the front Konis are backordered at TireRack and there no track day to have a tech inspection for, so I might try them myself later this fall.

·clyde·
08-27-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Nick325xiT 5spd

They're allowing signup for that already?

It starts 30 days before the event.

If you want me to get pics of you, try to get first half of heat 2.

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-27-2002, 07:32 PM

It starts 30 days before the event.

If you want me to get pics of you, try to get first half of heat 2.

:banghead: Forgot about that. For some reason I was under the impression that they would say something on the website. :rolleyes:

·clyde·
08-27-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Nick325xiT 5spd

:banghead: Forgot about that. For some reason I was under the impression that they would say something on the website. :rolleyes:

send roy an email, I'll bet that there's still room (and check your pm if you havent already)

·clyde·
08-27-2002, 07:41 PM
TD- congrats on the avatar :D

TD
08-27-2002, 07:44 PM
TD- congrats on the avatar :D

Yeah, I just saw that.

If you look at other threads, Plaz got one, rost got one and atyclb got one too.

Obviously the work of one Mr Shafer.

Hell, I like mine. So no complaints.

nate
08-27-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by TD

Yeah, I just saw that.

If you look at other threads, Plaz got one, rost got one and atyclb got one too.

Obviously the work of one Mr Shafer.

Hell, I like mine. So no complaints.

:lmao: :lmao:

at atyclb's

http://www.m5fanatics.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=9&dateline=1030502001

JST
08-27-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by TD

I looked over the Curry's post and thought the same thing myself. Basically, what small dollar item can I pick up. Last year I though that would be the UUC clutch arm bushings, but they are still not installed as that looks like a job for someone better than me.

But, yeah, I'll probably head over if I don't come off the waitlist (and I know I won't).

So far so good on the Konis. There do not ride any stiffer than stock, but (combined with the RSMs) the whole rear feels much tighter.

As you know, I was going to have the front Konis installed when I had my pre-track tech inspection done. Well, the front Konis are backordered at TireRack and there no track day to have a tech inspection for, so I might try them myself later this fall.

Big job, but probably educational. Let me know if you need a hand. I keep going back and forth on the ZKWs, but every time I get close I think that a set of Konis is really only a little bit more, and I'll probably need those soonish.

TD
08-28-2002, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by JST

Big job, but probably educational. Let me know if you need a hand. I keep going back and forth on the ZKWs, but every time I get close I think that a set of Konis is really only a little bit more, and I'll probably need those soonish.

My next DIY day, though, has to be spent installing the Passport SR-1. It looks like it'll take a few hours.

·clyde·
08-28-2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by TD

My next DIY day, though, has to be spent installing the Passport SR-1. It looks like it'll take a few hours.

If you want/need any help, I'd be willing.

GB
08-28-2002, 11:48 AM
Well, I'm 0-3 for trying to get registered for a track event this year, although I've been as high as #5 on the waitlist (no luck)....

Originally posted by TD

CD-55
08-28-2002, 12:05 PM

If you want/need any help, I'd be willing.

Me too Tom. BTW, it is eaiser to pull wire than it is to push wire.