PDA

View Full Version : just bought lexel leather and vinyl cleaner

evilfactoryowne
01-11-2002, 07:28 PM
I was wondering where exactly do I use the vinyl cleaner? I saw a post on an e46 board recently that showed whats vinyl and whats leather on the door panels. What about that trim peice that runs accross along the sides of the sets( my shoes are always scuffing that trim up). thanks a lot!

jw
01-11-2002, 08:03 PM
I haven't had to use Vinylex on the interior very much at all. Mostly one the lower panels that get scuffed. I do use it on the exterior quite a bit. All the moldings and rubber gets a wipedown with Vinylex. Including my tires. Basically, anything that's black.

I've used the Lexol Clearner and Conditioner only once on my car so far in ~5k miles. It's pretty easy to tell what's leather and what's not.

ChrisF
01-12-2002, 12:12 PM
Vinylex is good to use on anything that's vinyl (duh) or plastic, including those trim pieces by the seats that always seem to get scuffed up.

Use Lexol cleaner and conditioner on the leather parts.

I just did this to my car a few weeks ago and all three products did a great job.

ashecnc
01-13-2002, 03:12 PM
Yep it works great, I need to do it again VERY soon.. :o

evilfactoryowne
01-13-2002, 03:55 PM
I was using Vinylex to clean the part on the door next to where the window tucks away into and I must say the marks on the part did not come off! maybe I'm doing something worng. I didn't have time to clean my leather...I guess I'll do that tomorrow.

ChrisF
01-13-2002, 05:36 PM
using a soft-bristled detailer's brush. I've found that it helps get the dirt out of the nooks and cranys on those textured vinyl and plastic surfaces. Just be gentle.