PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice Please

330soon2b
09-26-2005, 08:17 AM
I have an '04 ZHP that I have paid off. I have the title in my possession. I should be happy, but I want a little more get up and go. I am considering buying a used SUV and then leasing an M3. But part of me thinks I should consider a porsche if I get an SUV. Here's some of the issues I am wrestling with:

1) M3 is a functional daily driver. Porsche is good weather only car and tight interior. I sat in one and trouble getting out (I am getting old). It's very low to ground. M3 has backseat.

2) I don't want to order a car. Can I get an M3 without ordering from the factory?

3) Should I keep the ZHP and convert to a beater car? This seems wrong, but it is already starting to show some age from the rock chips in spite of clear bra. I already have snows and they performed great this past winter.

I'd appreciate the insight from anyone that has had this problem. Thanks!

RChoudry
09-26-2005, 08:34 AM
I've been in your position before.

The only incentive for not ordering an M3 exactly the way you want it is if you want to cash in on that 2000 incentive right now. Otherwise, order a car to your exact specs.

Keep the ZHP car. I miss mine a lot. I remember we spoke a while back and I was praising it up and down before I went to the M3.

bren
09-26-2005, 09:01 AM
The m3 is fine for a daily driver. You can use the snows from your ZHP on it in the winter.

330soon2b
09-26-2005, 10:34 AM
I've been in your position before.

The only incentive for not ordering an M3 exactly the way you want it is if you want to cash in on that 2000 incentive right now. Otherwise, order a car to your exact specs.

Keep the ZHP car. I miss mine a lot. I remember we spoke a while back and I was praising it up and down before I went to the M3.

Did you transfer your leased M3? I thought I read a thread that said that. If so, why?

RChoudry
09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
I enjoyed the car very much, but I wasn't sure if I wanted it long term. I broke even with it and got a great trip to Europe with it.

It really is a fantastic car.

There might be another one in the house in the very near future (spouse).