BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What do you like best/least

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  gbelton 
#1 ·
about your 645?

What features do you love/hate?

What just brings a smile to your face and a giggle to your mouth?

What makes you go :mad: about it?

What is the funniest thing that has happened since you've gotten your 6?

#2 ·
Stuff that i like:

- puting the gear lever in DS and activating Sport mode. The noise and pickup brings a smile to my face every time
- disengaging DSC and flooring it from a standing start (cold tires) so i can get to fight the back end that wants to step out in every direction possible
- enabling the seat heating and steering wheel heating on one of these cold mornings
- taking the corners on our local freeway with 240km/h when my old Passat was scary as hell going 170 trough them
- racing CL 500 mercs and leaving them 3-4 carlenghts behind untill they quit
- racing M3 convert's from a roll with their owner starting from wrong RPM and not knowing why my car is in front and he's having trouble catching up to it
- blasting trough small country forest roads at night and watching the active headlights do their thing
- getting smiley's from 90% of girls on the road ;)
- only paying 200$ for oil change + all filters change when i used to be paying around 300 for my Passat :D
- old guys in mercs or other high end cars (lower priced the 6ers though) with 20 year old hoe's in the pass seat that think they're king of the world only to get their :jawdrop: when they see a 22 year old in a 6er pull next to them :D (PRICELESS)
- cops talking very nice with you when they pull you over thinking you're some big shot, son of a important guy and not try to squeeze bribe $ out of you (very corrupt country i'm living in)
- some more i can't think of right now

Things that i hate:

- PDC beeping like crazy at me when there is more space in the back and not shutting off immediatly after i put it into Drive
- the fact that water got in my left headlight witch i fixed eventually only to find out 2 days after that it got into my right headlight as well... stuff like this makes you go crazy on a 80k car :mad:
- heavy understeer in low speed corners
- the runflat tires that you can't buy anywhere in this country and have to wait 2 weeks for them to get delivered if you destroy one on the 80% of holes on our roads
- the adaptive steptronic tranny witch decides to get stuck at 4000rpm when i'm just crusing at 40mph and makes me put in in manual mode to change up
- fuel consumption witch is like 11-12mpg when others are getting 18-20mpg with theirs
- the sensors under the left passanger seat that don't work properly... always have either passenger airbag warning light on or seat retractor light on :mad:
- some rattles that just apeared coming from the passenger door
- TV function not working (not receiving any program when it works fine on other 6ers i've seen)
- the fact that the seat memory positions stored by me decide to reset themselvs randomly :mad:
- speed limiter kicking in at 255km/h when the car can go fine up to 280 :mad:
- people at gas stations asking me all the time if it's a Diesel :mad: (80% of cars on the road here are diesels)
- people that get mad when they see their girlfriends checking me out at stoplights and decide to show me what their 80hp POS can do (always trying to race and crap) :D
- jealous idiots that spit on your car when it's parked so i go crazy when i find it
- can't think of anymore at the moment

#3 ·
Things I like about my 6'er

--The interior in cream beige with the light birch is awesome, looks very luxurious
and is very clean / White with Black top (CiC) is a very stunning combo...

--The Sport Wheels in Chrome-AWESOME

--The handling, all around is great

--The exhaust note is very sweet!

--Driving in Sport mode and slipping the tranny into manual

--Having people everyday in car concious So Cal say, "That car is BEAUTIFUL!!"

--Talikng to the Voice Activation system and saying "CD 5 please" and THEN saying
"Track 3 please", I get a kick out of THAT!

--Chicks do dig this car, but hey the guys dig it too, it is an "equal opportunity attention getter"

Things I could live without:

--13.2 MPG, but why would they report 18-25mpg when half the people here get 12-14, mpg??? It won't break me, but THAT was a suprise.

--The *I* drive, while I find it not as bad as I had heard, it could be tweaked to be more user friendly. I do not like the fact that the PDC overrides my music, and then there is a delay before it comes back on. The I drive COULD be better in other areas as well.

--Here is my only complaint with this cars styling, first it IS an awesome looking car but if one wanted to nit pik here is what I would say--

The Front end is awesome, the lines along the side are the car are perfect, Bangle could of done a little better job on the rear end. The rear body panel "gaps" seem like they could be tighter, the rear tailights while very nice, look like too many other cars that I will not name here, but you know what I mean. I think they could have done something better with the rear end, it is not the disaster of the early Bangle 7 series by any stretch, I just think they could have done something more in the BMW mode while looking awesome as they did with the Front end which is the BEST front end of any car on the road, IMHO!

So those are my GRIPES but do not get me wrong I LOVE this car and look forward to driving it everyday!

Attachments

#4 ·
My 650 is on its way to the states - and this thread makes the wait even more unbearable!

Just four more weeks! Oh the agony...

#6 ·
1. Main reason, and perhaps really the only reason why I bought my car: It simply looks beautiful.

2. A convertible with some pep in it.

3. Puddle lights. :)

4. Sound system is fantastic.

5. Convertible roof has very good sound insulation upto 80mph. After that it gets noisy and they should have added some noise cancellation feature.

6. I like the navigation, alot.

7. I like the fact that the navigation computer tells you how many miles you have left til destination, and calculates the estimated time of arrival.

Dislikes:

1. Too much attention from guys and girls.
2. Sluggish pickup. My dad had a MB convertible 20 years ago, it was light, and agile. I just keep comparing every car I drive to that one.
3. iDrive, though easy, leaves alot to be desired.
4. You can hide a large van in the convertible 6ers blindspots.
5. Trunk unlocked while driving alarm goes off. The trunk is well secure. Happens about once a week, need to step outside and reshut it.
6. Pulling power almost non-existant from 100MPH on up... It's tolerable, however, I mean I did get a convertible.
7. Again, too much attention from girls. Too much attention from guys. I would prefer no attention at all.

#7 ·
AriciU said:
- old guys in mercs or other high end cars (lower priced the 6ers though) with 20 year old hoe's in the pass seat that think they're king of the world only to get their :jawdrop: when they see a 22 year old in a 6er pull next to them :D (PRICELESS)
Okay... screw the car... where do you live that old guys go out with 20 year old hoes? That's much better 'feature' than any car. :)

AriciU said:
Things that i hate:

- PDC beeping like crazy at me when there is more space in the back and not shutting off immediatly after i put it into Drive
Thank goodness I didn't get this feature.

AriciU said:
- the runflat tires that you can't buy anywhere in this country and have to wait 2 weeks for them to get delivered if you destroy one on the 80% of holes on our roads
I usually get mine the next day. My dealer FedEX's them over. Ofcourse, I have to pay for the shipping.

AriciU said:
- the sensors under the left passanger seat that don't work properly... always have either passenger airbag warning light on or seat retractor light on :mad:
I'd get that checked out if I were you. You don't want a faulty sensor having your airbags go off at the wrong moment!

AriciU said:
- TV function not working (not receiving any program when it works fine on other 6ers i've seen)
I didn't know the 6er had a TV function? Or are you talking about after market kits?

#8 ·
Hehe. In this country, any man, no matter how old and how ugly is beautifull because of the money he has and the car he drives. You can be 70 y/o with like 150kg and face burned from acid and fill up your S600 with 18 year old gorgeous girls :) Money buys everything around here and the most beautifull girls in this country always are around 50+ y/o man with nice cars... guess the reason.

In Europe there is an option from BMW called TV function. Bassicaly you catch all TV progs aired in your country and watch them on the iDrive screen. Check the german BMW car configurator... it costs around 1000EUR or so.

#9 · (Edited)
Great thread! My delivery of the 650i coupe next January. What a long wait.

- Best features on face value : THE LOOKS, easily the best looking coupe on the street (OK, give credit to the Aston DB9, which is also not bad). There is something about the back head lights - so simple, but blends into the sculptured back perfectly. The front is perfect.

Looking forward to assess the handling of this large coupe, long term. Should expect a sporty response for its size.

- Not so good features : haven't driven it yet other than test drive, so can't comment.

Question: my dealer did not let me upgrade the wheel from 19" style 152 (Individual) to a 20" style 149 which I preferred, he cited "technical" reasons like brake sizes etc. not fitting well. Is this total bullS? Style 149's width and profile are exactly the same as style 152, only difference is the alloy wheel size 20" versus 19". Style 149 comes from the current 7 series, Y multi-spoke.

#10 ·
It's drop dead gorgeous from every angle

Right blend of speed, power and agility

Everything meshes nicely

Favorite features:

The DRIVE

HUD

Active Steering

Voice Recognition

Audio System (L7) and audio options (SAT RADIO and Aux input)

Lights and ambient/entry/door sill lighting

Clean cockpit made by iDrive

NAV

Versatility of the Step Tranny

Bluetooth

Improvements via software upgrades

Huge trunk

==================================

Nothing makes me mad … yet

#11 ·
I previously had a Jaguar XKR

BUT I think that this 6 is the best car I've had. I love (almost) everything:-

Sport + DS > Foot down...weeeeeeeeee
Looks
I get good MPG - just came back from the airport at average 64MPH and got 24.2MPG
I've only seen another 3 where I live

However:-
Voice activation. Perhaps it's because I'm actually British that the damn woman can't understand me. CD5 = CD Drive switched on!.. :mad:

Wipers always squeeking, even with new blades.
And that PDC not switching off soon enough

And as I've mentioned on other posts - how come there's no iPod integration yet!!

#13 ·
chuck92103 said:
I sounds like the 645 is a perfect car for those who enoy spending time at the dealership.

Very disappointing, I would have expected a much better experience from an 80k car.
Sounds like a non-owner to me.

Mine, 8 months, 11,000 miles, 2 days in shop for BMW related issues, 4 days for my self induced problems. And no reason to expect any more other than for routine service. Will time any CIP upgrades with other service items.

I would stay away from this model if I were u :)

#14 ·
Since I started this thread, I guess I'll contribute. :)

- Active steering - very precise at all speeds in conjunction with adaptive headlights
- iDrive - yes, I actually like it and the display is pretty darn good IMO
- performance - go/stop/turn at will, almost as if telepathicly transmitted to the car
- styling inside and out - it looks good sitting in the parking lot or driveway, and the interior is very well laid out, functional, and attractive
- easily fitting 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk even with the top down
- I really like how the wipers go up and down with the double jointed motion. I know, stupid, but it is fun to notice sometimes. :)
- Logic7 - damn...
- the sound when you fire it up

Dislikes
- iDrive boot times - this could be faster
- no voice codes for satellite radio stations
- Ellipsoid wheels. They are nice, but I'm more a fan of the straight spoke design. I can easily live with it since I don't see them while I'm driving. :)
- Brake dust - I'll be fixing THAT with new brake pads :)

#15 ·
And I am Next!

Hello My Friends:

Currently the owner of a '05 645Cic, Strattus Grey with every option including SMG.

I Like:
The open top (Dropped) of course.

The design of this fantastic piece of machinery.

Washing the car-gliding my bare hands across its lines, pillars, oh so exciting!! Lets do it again.

Looking at my ride from every angle watching the water glisen of its smooth body-frame.

Waxing my ride, absorbing every bit of the cars essence... Sounds spooky!

Driving the 645Ci with the top down.

The sound, "Grumble-Grumble" she makes when I downshift...

The comfortable fit and feel I get in my 645.

Its sportiness.

The action I get on the road: All eyes on the prize & road feel.

That I have the only 6er in my town... (Oh the haters, hate me!)

Let me just say, I am thoroughly enjoying this 645CiC model.

The iDrive interface.

The Logic 7 system.

And many more...

I Don't Like:
The SLUGISH response at certain speeds. I know I must down shift.

The semi-plastic base cover the convertible sits on top of. Hard to keep wax off of it.

The slow (Microsoft-Like) OS [iDrive] They say it's MAC but I don't beleive that one.

The crappy communications interface [Bluetooth] through a V3 Razor.
- Sound quality (No good)
- Car communications mode doesn't drop minutes after I am no longer on the phone.

The 19" wheel don't take well to all the stress of the cars weight and road conditions.
- Wheels show signs of cracking

The fact I can get only one set of real size clubs in the trunk!

The off/on/mute function of the radio system.

The interior noise level is worse than I expected. I beleive greater than -80db

That I cannot watch TV when at a stop/standstill.

It has a decent amount of hp and tq but could be a bit better considering its weight. Perhaps the 650ci resolves this.

I guess that sums up my Likes/Dislikes

Thanks for listening...

-GMAN

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
gbelton said:
Hello My Friends:

Washing the car-gliding my bare hands across its lines, pillars, oh so exciting!! Lets do it again.

Looking at my ride from every angle watching the water glisen of its smooth body-frame.

Waxing my ride, absorbing every bit of the cars essence... Sounds spooky!
Actually, it sounds rather perverted. :)

gbelton said:
That I have the only 6er in my town... (Oh the haters, hate me!)
I live in a city. I think I bought the first 6er in my city of over 1million. However, there have been more 6ers sold. I think there are about 6 of them in my city now. Not to mention, with school in, I've seen a couple more students with out of state license plates driving around in in 6ers. One is from California.

It's not as rare as it use to be in my city. I can go to a certain part of my city and regularly see a Lamborghini, a Mc Laurin, and/or a Ferrari parked outside. So maybe I shouldn't be so concerned about exclusivity. But you know what's rare these days that's German, that is in my price range? Take a guess.... I'll give some scroll space for you...

It's the limited edition Golfs. And boy, do they look nice.

gbelton said:
I Don't Like:
The SLUGISH response at certain speeds. I know I must down shift.
Yes, people don't believe me when I tell them my car is sluggish. I too have a convertible. In fact, people on this news group laughed at me when I complained about how sluggish my car is. I'm glad someone agrees with me!

gbelton said:
The semi-plastic base cover the convertible sits on top of. Hard to keep wax off of it.
Yep. You can try the non-stain wax. That helps. I also after waxing, I'll use Armor-All to 'reblacken' the vinyl.

gbelton said:
The slow (Microsoft-Like) OS [iDrive] They say it's MAC but I don't beleive that one.
Yes, extremely slow.

gbelton said:
The crappy communications interface [Bluetooth] through a V3 Razor.
- Sound quality (No good)
- Car communications mode doesn't drop minutes after I am no longer on the phone.
Right, I saw your other post. I have the same phone, but my microphone seems to be just fine. It's noticeable that they are on 'speaker phone' but not until I point it out to them.

The 19" wheel don't take well to all the stress of the cars weight and road conditions.

gbelton said:
The fact I can get only one set of real size clubs in the trunk!
And there's some really beautiful golf sites in upstate New York. I use to live in West Park NY. My house was directly across the Hudson River from the Vanderbuilt Mansion. It was so beautiful up there.

gbelton said:
That I cannot watch TV when at a stop/standstill.
Maybe it's a safety feature, that way you can only watch TV when your car is in motion? No seriously, there was no option to watch TV when I bought my car. How did you get it for your's?

gbelton said:
It has a decent amount of hp and tq but could be a bit better considering its weight. Perhaps the 650ci resolves this.
I don't know if it does. I'm gonna get my car tuned by Racing Dynamics, once my warranty expires. I think an RD Tuned or Hamann Tuned 6er will be more exclusive than an M6. I think in the States, a Hartge tuned 6er is even rarer still. The reason for this, is cause you have to ship your car to Germany to get it tuned. Hartge doesn't tune 6er's engines in the States. But man, would I love to have one of those Alpinas!! That would be even more rare than a Hartge in the States. Don't know if you could drive one here.

#17 ·
He.. He..

SmoothCruise said:
Actually, it sounds rather perverted. :)
I know it does, doesn't... I 'm just crazy I guess. Please don't share this with my wife and kids...:D

SmoothCruise said:
It's not as rare as it use to be in my city. I can go to a certain part of my city and regularly see a Lamborghini, a Mc Laurin, and/or a Ferrari parked outside. So maybe I shouldn't be so concerned about exclusivity. But you know what's rare these days that's German, that is in my price range? Take a guess.... I'll give some scroll space for you...

It's the limited edition Golfs. And boy, do they look nice.

You would never believe it. I was very close!! I just said a Golf. Though I like it's other brother the A3...
I almost bought one 2 months back.

SmoothCruise said:
Yep. You can try the non-stain wax. That helps. I also after waxing, I'll use Armor-All to 'reblacken' the vinyl.
Thanks I will do that. By the way my vinyl in grey (Grey top). Curious, have you waterproofed your top?

SmoothCruise said:
And there's some really beautiful golf sites in upstate New York. I use to live in West Park NY. My house was directly across the Hudson River from the Vanderbuilt Mansion. It was so beautiful up there.

Very nice my friend. Did you happen to partake in any rounds on those beautiful courses? I love it up here!

SmoothCruise said:
Maybe it's a safety feature, that way you can only watch TV when your car is in motion? No seriously, there was no option to watch TV when I bought my car. How did you get it for your's?

Not a option in the states but you can get the mod chip(s) to solve that problem. He, He...
:D

SmoothCruise said:
I don't know if it does. I'm gonna get my car tuned by Racing Dynamics, once my warranty expires. I think an RD Tuned or Hamann Tuned 6er will be more exclusive than an M6. I think in the States, a Hartge tuned 6er is even rarer still. The reason for this, is cause you have to ship your car to Germany to get it tuned. Hartge doesn't tune 6er's engines in the States. But man, would I love to have one of those Alpinas!! That would be even more rare than a Hartge in the States. Don't know if you could drive one here.

Uh oh... I guess I will get that 2007 Vantage Convertible. Now that will be powerful. What do you think?

#18 ·
gbelton said:
Now this is odd. Can you elaborate?

#19 · (Edited)
Stress on the wheels...

Hello My Friends:

What I have noticed when cleaning my wheels are cracking lines in multiple places. The wheels are flawless otherwise. (No sidewalk scuffs etc..) and I am the only driver.

I drive normal roads: NJTPK, NJPKWY, NYTHRUWY, NY-Bridges... You get my point. A few city roads but not bad ones. A pot hole here and there but nothing too serious.

Having said all of this, I can make certain assessments based on vehicle, standing, and curb weight.

Of course this assessment is not proven science on my part, so take it for what it's worth and keep your eyes on your 19" wheels.

Hope this helps a bit...

-GMAN

#20 ·
gbelton said:
I know it does, doesn't... I 'm just crazy I guess. Please don't share this with my wife and kids...:D
Don't worry, I won't. :)

gbelton said:
You would never believe it. I was very close!! I just said a Golf. Though I like it's other brother the A3..
Yeah, I'm gonna see if I can get one used in a year or two.

gbelton said:
Thanks I will do that. By the way my vinyl in grey (Grey top). Curious, have you waterproofed your top?
Yeah, so use Armor-All protectant on the vinyl top rest.
I have waterproofed my car. BMW should provide a kit for 'vert drivers for this. You can purchase the Cabriolet Protection kit from BMW dealership. It's overpriced in my opinion. You may find a better deal here:

http://www.mybmwpartsstore.com/

I didn't think BMW's kit it was particularly effective. Actually, I thought it sucked. However, I will give it another shot in the summer, because I might have incorrectly used it, or used it when I was still a novice at detailing my car.

The details forum on this site has a how-to maintain a cloth top. It's pretty good. You should read it. One thing, however, I use a different product to waterproof my top. I use Porsche Tequipment spray to water proof. Many people rave about RagTopp spray. I haven't used it, so I can't compare, but the Porsche spray has been satisfactory, and it actually costs less. You can get both sprays and alot more for your top from:

www.properautocare.com

gbelton said:
Very nice my friend. Did you happen to partake in any rounds on those beautiful courses? I love it up here!
Yeah, do a search. You can find some really nice ones near the Catskill regions. People don't realize that upstate New York is more beautiful than Maine. Did you know that the Adirondack State Park is larger than all the National Parks in America COMBINED? It is also unique in that it's the only park in America that is constitutionally protected by it's state. So there's acres of wilderness without any signs of civilization for miles.

You live in New York, New York. Hmm... that town sounds familiar. Actually looking at your pictures I'd guess you live in Yonkers too. :) Anyways, it's fall and one of the best places you can go with your 'vert is to the Adirondacks to watch the leaves. Plot a backroad tour, and have some gorgeous fun. If you can, take Taconic State Parkway all the way past Albany. Stop by Sleepy Hollow too. Taconic State Parkway is such a beautiful drive. Along the way you'll see a really huge statue of a face. Be sure to take lots of detours. And stop at the photospots with your top down, ofcourse. :)

You might also want to take Taconic North, and go to West Point. Around this time, it should look really beautiful. You'll love the windy mountain drive to get to it.

Around the same area, there's this hotel/resort/botanical garden. I forgot it's name, but it's up on a mountain, and it has a mountain lake, which you could go canoing on, and if you stand in your boat, you can look down into the Hudson Valley, from a canoe!! The ride to it should be gorgeous too.

Further up the Hudson is the house I use to live in, just a river width away from the Vanderbuilt mansion. Well, not any more.... oh yeah, if you are in the area, go swing by Woodstock NY if you can. A small, very artsy town, where lots of celebrities have houses, in fact, the local radio stations use to have 'spot the celebrity' contests.

I'm gonna have to put up a site where 'vertERs can share the scenic backroads they've taken. I found a bunch in New England, where the trees form a tunnel with intermittent breaks of sky and rolling green pastures. I'm telling ya... verts are so much more fun than normal cars. It's too bad you got your's so late in the "'vert season."

gbelton said:
Not a option in the states but you can get the mod chip(s) to solve that problem. He, He...
Well, spill the beans and tell me how you got the mod chips for a tv tuner? Where can I go to do this, how does it interface with TVandNav2Go's DVD player?

gbelton said:
Uh oh... I guess I will get that 2007 Vantage Convertible. Now that will be powerful. What do you think?
Well, I kinda like having a car no one else has. That's why I'll get my car tuned, instead of trading up for an M6. The Vantage looks beautiful, but, I wouldn't go with the Vantage Convertible. Simply because it doesn't 'tuck' the roof underneath a protective shelf when the roof is down. Look at pictures of the Vantage with the roof down, you'll see what I mean. On the other hand... the Scirocco coming out in a few years looks like a beautiful vert at probably a very beautiful price, but the uniqueness of it... hmmm....

#21 ·
Thanks!

SmoothCruise said:
Yeah, so use Armor-All protectant on the vinyl top rest.
I have waterproofed my car. BMW should provide a kit for 'vert drivers for this. You can purchase the Cabriolet Protection kit from BMW dealership. It's overpriced in my opinion. You may find a better deal here:

http://www.mybmwpartsstore.com/

I didn't think BMW's kit it was particularly effective. Actually, I thought it sucked. However, I will give it another shot in the summer, because I might have incorrectly used it, or used it when I was still a novice at detailing my car.

The details forum on this site has a how-to maintain a cloth top. It's pretty good. You should read it. One thing, however, I use a different product to waterproof my top. I use Porsche Tequipment spray to water proof. Many people rave about RagTopp spray. I haven't used it, so I can't compare, but the Porsche spray has been satisfactory, and it actually costs less. You can get both sprays and alot more for your top from:

www.properautocare.com
http://www.properautocare.com

Thanks for that info. I use the same cleaner and waterproof! P21s, Cool deal! I bought it from bavauto.com, it is GREAT!

SmoothCruise said:
Yeah, do a search. You can find some really nice ones near the Catskill regions. People don't realize that upstate New York is more beautiful than Maine. Did you know that the Adirondack State Park is larger than all the National Parks in America COMBINED? It is also unique in that it's the only park in America that is constitutionally protected by it's state. So there's acres of wilderness without any signs of civilization for miles.

You live in New York, New York. Hmm... that town sounds familiar. Actually looking at your pictures I'd guess you live in Yonkers too. :) Anyways, it's fall and one of the best places you can go with your 'vert is to the Adirondacks to watch the leaves. Plot a backroad tour, and have some gorgeous fun. If you can, take Taconic State Parkway all the way past Albany. Stop by Sleepy Hollow too. Taconic State Parkway is such a beautiful drive. Along the way you'll see a really huge statue of a face. Be sure to take lots of detours. And stop at the photospots with your top down, ofcourse. :)

You might also want to take Taconic North, and go to West Point. Around this time, it should look really beautiful. You'll love the windy mountain drive to get to it.

Around the same area, there's this hotel/resort/botanical garden. I forgot it's name, but it's up on a mountain, and it has a mountain lake, which you could go canoing on, and if you stand in your boat, you can look down into the Hudson Valley, from a canoe!! The ride to it should be gorgeous too.

Further up the Hudson is the house I use to live in, just a river width away from the Vanderbuilt mansion. Well, not any more.... oh yeah, if you are in the area, go swing by Woodstock NY if you can. A small, very artsy town, where lots of celebrities have houses, in fact, the local radio stations use to have 'spot the celebrity' contests.

I'm gonna have to put up a site where 'vertERs can share the scenic backroads they've taken. I found a bunch in New England, where the trees form a tunnel with intermittent breaks of sky and rolling green pastures. I'm telling ya... verts are so much more fun than normal cars. It's too bad you got your's so late in the "'vert season."http://www.properautocare.com/
http://www.properautocare.com/

Good stuff my friend I will surely take this under serious consideration. I will surely map this into my schedule next spring/summer in my new 650i-vert!

SmoothCruise said:
Well, spill the beans and tell me how you got the mod chips for a tv tuner? Where can I go to do this, how does it interface with TVandNav2Go's DVD player?http://www.properautocare.com/

I got it from nav-tv.com, check it out. You keep everything you have (Current Nav interface) and you get the mod chip to allow DVD play and you can get the Tuner for when you just want to watch the Tele... It's easy, check it out. http://www.nav-tv.com/bmw.htm

SmoothCruise said:
Well, I kinda like having a car no one else has. That's why I'll get my car tuned, instead of trading up for an M6. The Vantage looks beautiful, but, I wouldn't go with the Vantage Convertible. Simply because it doesn't 'tuck' the roof underneath a protective shelf when the roof is down. Look at pictures of the Vantage with the roof down, you'll see what I mean. On the other hand... the Scirocco coming out in a few years looks like a beautiful vert at probably a very beautiful price, but the uniqueness of it... hmmm....http://www.properautocare.com/

I concur! I know someone in my neighbor hood will get a 6er (In a year or two) LOL but I know it's coming so for now I am the man with all the BMers. You know it's so funny how people know who you are and will not say a word to you... I had the same Exclusivity with my 2003 745Li. That lasted for 3 years! Good or bad I truly enjoyed it.

I was not aware the Vantage Volante would not be a tuck and stow like the 6er. I am spoiled and I will not except anything less, especially at +120K! The Scirocco, hmmm.

Oh, one final note... I saw the thread about the Z10 or M10 I believe it's called, sort of replaces the 850ci..? I would wait for that one, finally a BMW Super car to own. Is it real?

-GMAN

#22 ·
gbelton said:
Thanks for that info. I use the same cleaner and waterproof! P21s, Cool deal! I bought it from bavauto.com, it is GREAT!

I got it from nav-tv.com, check it out. You keep everything you have (Current Nav interface) and you get the mod chip to allow DVD play and you can get the Tuner for when you just want to watch the Tele... It's easy, check it out. http://www.nav-tv.com/bmw.htm
Thanks for these links. I didn't see a purely P21s waterproofer on bavauto.com, do they still sell it?

Regarding the t.v. link. Do they replace your 'main menu' with theirs? Or does the stock 'bmw main menu' become a sub menu of their system? Or -ideally- the t.v. becomes a choice in the entertainment section of the stock menu system?

What about the DVD player? Does it use the GPS-DVD player? Or do they install a separate player? If they install a separate player, will it conflict with my 6-cd disc changer which is in the glove compartment?

So let me get this straight, their system plays tv signals, dvds, and has a rear camera?

By the way, how much does all this cost?

gbelton said:
Good stuff my friend I will surely take this under serious consideration. I will surely map this into my schedule next spring/summer in my new 650i-vert!
Actually, if you have a lazy afternoon weekend, you should take the trip now, at least to West Point.

gbelton said:
I concur! I know someone in my neighbor hood will get a 6er (In a year or two) LOL but I know it's coming so for now I am the man with all the BMers. You know it's so funny how people know who you are and will not say a word to you... I had the same Exclusivity with my 2003 745Li. That lasted for 3 years! Good or bad I truly enjoyed it.
Yeah, call me vain. I don't enjoy it as much as I get annoyed when I see my car 100ft away from me, while I'm sitting in it. :)

gbelton said:
I was not aware the Vantage Volante would not be a tuck and stow like the 6er. I am spoiled and I will not except anything less, especially at +120K!
Yeah, check it out:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N

gbelton said:
Oh, one final note... I saw the thread about the Z10 or M10 I believe it's called, sort of replaces the 850ci..? I would wait for that one, finally a BMW Super car to own. Is it real?

-GMAN
Don't know. I've seen some concept drawing and a picture of the actual car, but I don't know if it was an actual car or some doctored up photos. Anyways, I don't like it. It looks like they took parts from the 6, the Z4, and a few Audi parts and welded them together.

Save up for this:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_lemans.asp

According to some reports floating out on the web, Audi plans to make this car. This car looks alot cooler than any BMW, in my opinion.

#23 ·

SmoothCruise said:
Thanks for these links. I didn't see a purely P21s waterproofer on bavauto.com, do they still sell it?
I made a mistake on the waterproof, its Autosol.

SmoothCruise said:
Regarding the t.v. link. Do they replace your 'main menu' with theirs? Or does the stock 'bmw main menu' become a sub menu of their system? Or -ideally- the t.v. becomes a choice in the entertainment section of the stock menu system?
No, you use there remote control to turn video off and on.

SmoothCruise said:
What about the DVD player? Does it use the GPS-DVD player? Or do they install a separate player? If they install a separate player, will it conflict with my 6-cd disc changer which is in the glove compartment?
Our DVD is a ROM so you have to install a seperate player. No, to the 6-cd remains intact unless you add the audio adapter BMW has for non US bound cars then you have to replace the 6-CD to a 6-DVD, problem solved. I have the latter.

SmoothCruise said:
So let me get this straight, their system plays tv signals, dvds, and has a rear camera?
Yes, just make sure you add the tuner to the deal. I think you mentioned Nav2go...

SmoothCruise said:
By the way, how much does all this cost?
With all the bells and whistles you mentioned above, 2400.00 American US.

SmoothCruise said:
Actually, if you have a lazy afternoon weekend, you should take the trip now, at least to West Point.
I will see if I can. Make sure the Mrs. hasn't got work for me... LOL

SmoothCruise said:
Yeah, call me vain. I don't enjoy it as much as I get annoyed when I see my car 100ft away from me, while I'm sitting in it. :)
Now that's some MATRIX stuff...

SmoothCruise said:
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N

Wrong Vantage. I mean the new V8 Vantage. See my Avtar.

SmoothCruise said:
Don't know. I've seen some concept drawing and a picture of the actual car, but I don't know if it was an actual car or some doctored up photos. Anyways, I don't like it. It looks like they took parts from the 6, the Z4, and a few Audi parts and welded them together.

Save up for this:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_lemans.asp

According to some reports floating out on the web, Audi plans to make this car. This car looks alot cooler than any BMW, in my opinion.
I like this car. Looks amazing but they will never build it. Oh well...

-GMAN

#24 ·
gbelton said:
I made a mistake on the waterproof, its Autosol.
Ah okay. Anyways, when you feel like trying a new product, I recommend you try the Porsche Tequipment stuff. The P21s stuff you use is solid too. I use to use that. For my detailing needs, I use a hodge podge of things. P21s polisher. Collinite 476 and Collinite Insulator Wax. Zaino Tire Gloss. Optimum Car Wax as quick detailer. For Windows, I'm gonna try this Optimum Car Wax window cloth; the claim is, you don't need to use a spray.

gbelton said:
With all the bells and whistles you mentioned above, 2400.00 American US.
Cool. I think I'll do this.

gbelton said:
I will see if I can. Make sure the Mrs. hasn't got work for me... LOL
Fortunately, I'm not married yet. Thank Goodness for that!

gbelton said:
I like this car. Looks amazing but they will never build it. Oh well...
I get conflicting stories. What makes you think they won't do it? Man, I hope they do make it. As far as exclusive alternatives, how about this.....

In about 2 years when your neighbor gets his 6vert. Go with a Maserati. They are cheaper than a Aston Martin. In terms of performance, they are just as good as an Aston Martin, and better than a 6er. They only cost slightly more than a 6er, and alot cheaper than an Aston Martin. They are just as rare as an Aston Martin too. So something to consider over the next couple of years. :)

#25 ·
Good Stuff My Friend

Hello My Friend:

I will try them all. I especially need waterproof (I ran out)and I have been looking for a good window cleaner.
SideNote: I just purchased my snows. You have a set?

Not married yet... LOL Man, you are lucky! I love my girls though.

I believe that Audi will build a 'SuperCar' like the Mercedes Mclaren and the supposed BMW Z10. BUT... from what I have read, we are likely to see vehicles like the A8 W12 variants long before Audi steps up and provide a customer friendly 'SuperCar'. I do hope they come to the task by 2008 but I am skeptical.

It looks so futuristic, I would love to see this concept in showrooms. Do you go to the car shows?

You know my friend more and more there are common threads among us ENTHUSIAST! I looked at the Maserati first... Quattroporte, then the GrandSport. I like them both but I have not test driven them. I would definately say my next venture definately has to be in that area.

You know, by the time I finish optioning a Maserati, it will match an Aston...:) I'll keep you posted. I may even consider a F360 Spider (Used of course).

We'll see.

GMAN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.