PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Poster for Show

Ack
08-29-2002, 10:14 AM
I wanted to put a poster together for the show this weekend. I don't have any pshop skills but I took a crack at this. The purpose of this is to display information about my car at the event. Let me know if you guys like it.

I took dredmo's sig that he created and included it. It will help people from the forums know who I am.

I am also going to goto Kinkos to have something professionally done.

http://ackster.freeservers.com/Posters/Show1.jpg

CD-55
08-29-2002, 10:20 AM
Is that the only option we have to pick from? Can you post your other ideas.

johnlew
08-29-2002, 10:22 AM
Since it's already a bit cluttered with the image in the backround, I'd make the type not skewed and easier to read. Also, I'd lose the sig, anybody on this board has *GOT* to recognize your car and installation.

Mr. The Edge
08-29-2002, 10:25 AM
I like it, but the skewed text is a little hard to read. I like how it follows the curvature of the trunk. But, the lines of text are too long and you can't read what's on the ends.

Just hit "return" to shorten up each line and end up with more lines, if you know what I mean.

Ack
08-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by CD-55
Is that the only option we have to pick from? Can you post your other ideas.

This took me over 1.5 hours to do. I can work on another one with opinions from you guys.

The HACK
08-29-2002, 10:35 AM
Sorry Ack, I had to vote for the PShop classes...

Actually, I don't think it's PShop classes you need. You need basics of DESIGN. Why don't you email me some pictures and content you want to put into a poster/flyer, and I'll spend an hour or two tonight to come up with something tasteful?

Ack
08-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Ok, I did some quick editing, so now there are three total (first one is in the first post).

Which one?

2. With Sig, words cropped more

http://ackster.freeservers.com/Posters/Show1a.jpg

3. Without Sig, words cropped

http://ackster.freeservers.com/Posters/Show1bcopy.jpg

Edit: Well, it looks like I cropped the bottom too much. Oh well, you get the general idea.

I also made the second picture darker.

Mr. The Edge
08-29-2002, 10:38 AM
much easier to read!:thumbup:

Ack
08-29-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by The HACK
Sorry Ack, I had to vote for the PShop classes...

Actually, I don't think it's PShop classes you need. You need basics of DESIGN. Why don't you email me some pictures and content you want to put into a poster/flyer, and I'll spend an hour or two tonight to come up with something tasteful?

Thanks Hack! I'll send you the Pshop file and some other pictures. I just need to have all of the mods listed in the poster. I'll e-mail you soon. :thumbup:

johnlew
08-29-2002, 10:47 AM
Try straightening the words and giving a little more top and bottom margin. IMO.

Kaz
08-29-2002, 10:48 AM
Maybe its not like this on the East Coast but all the show posters out here are very dark and have AZN Ho's pasted all over em. :rolleyes:

The HACK
08-29-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
Maybe its not like this on the East Coast but all the show posters out here are very dark and have AZN Ho's pasted all over em. :rolleyes:

GOOD IDEA Kaz! I'll have to dig up some AZN Ho's and include it in my design.

Ack: Don't worry about when you get me the files...I can't work on it until later tonight anyways.

DougDogs
08-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Ack ... where you show "carbon fibre trim pieces"

it might be better to just say " carbon fibre trim"

I think the word "pieces" makes it sound kinda cheesy, or incomplete

just my .02:)

Ack
08-29-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by The HACK

GOOD IDEA Kaz! I'll have to dig up some AZN Ho's and include it in my design.

Ack: Don't worry about when you get me the files...I can't work on it until later tonight anyways.

Sounds good. I sent you an e-mail. I just need your actual address so I can send you these files. PM me with details.

Thanks!! :D

Edit: Doug, I took your advise and took off "pieces". I have reattached the image (#3) above.