PDA

View Full Version : More on avatars...


Jon Shafer
08-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Due to overwhelming response, we have decided to table the following offer: whomever currrently (as of 8/30/02) has at least 1,000 posts here at The 'Fest, and who would like to have a unique and personalized avatar, now is your chance. Please submit your most creative work directly to this thread. Ideally, they should be in .GIF format (non-animated), and small enough so as to **not** mess up the alignment of the page...


This is not an "open-ended" opportunity;
this offer expires is (7) days!

**excludes tax, title & doc. fees

:p

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer
Due to overwhelming response, we have decided to table the following offer: whomever currrently (as of 8/30/02) has at least 1,000 posts here at The 'Fest, and who would like to have a unique and personalized avatar, now is your chance. Please submit your most creative work directly to this thread. Ideally, they should be in .GIF format (non-animated), and small enough so as to **not** mess up the alignment of the page...


This is not an "open-ended" opportunity;
offer expires is (7) days!

:p

You better get that count up then Jon :p

:D

johnlew
08-30-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer
Due to overwhelming response, we have decided to table the following offer: whomever currrently (as of 8/30/02) has at least 1,000 posts here at The 'Fest, and who would like to have a unique and personalized avatar, now is your chance. Please submit your most creative work directly to this thread. Ideally, they should be in .GIF format (non-animated), and small enough so as to **not** mess up the alignment of the page...


This is not an "open-ended" opportunity;
this offer expires is (7) days!

**excludes tax, title & doc. fees

:p

Well, Jon, if you're going to force me. :thumbup:

Olds is done, now back to the bimmers.

Get ready for a bunch of lame posting :(

CD-55
08-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


You better get that count up then Jon :p

:D

me too, not that I ever counted, until now.

Ack
08-30-2002, 11:13 AM
Jon, what if we're reeaaallly reeeaaalllly close to 1,000 posts? I'm leaving in an hour for the weekend, otherwise I could probably get my post count up a to this benchmark. I only need about 30 or more . . .:banghead:

IndyMike
08-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by johnlew
Get ready for a bunch of lame posting :(
Hey! I resemble that comment!

Good thing there's plenty of Python material left in the old grabbag.

Do you know how you can tell if somebody's a witch? :D

nate
08-30-2002, 11:24 AM
put me down for this for now

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 11:27 AM
would you settle for 195 posts in Canadian currency?

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by ChrisTO
would you settle for 195 posts in Canadian currency?

oops..better make that 196.

IndyMike
08-30-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ChrisTO


oops..better make that 196.
199, really!

Keep posting, Chris, then I can keep correcting you! :D

205 for me to go!

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 11:38 AM
this is going to be a long friday afternoon for me...
Originally posted by IndyMike

199, really!

Keep posting, Chris, then I can keep correcting you! :D

205 for me to go!

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 11:39 AM
oh..and only 800 posts left for me to go. i better come up with string of topics fast.

in_d_haus
08-30-2002, 11:39 AM
Darn, I got enough posts but I'm not that creative to come up with something...

Ack
08-30-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by IndyMike

Hey! I resemble that comment!

Good thing there's plenty of Python material left in the old grabbag.

Do you know how you can tell if somebody's a witch? :D

A witch? I think we need a duck and some wood.

JPinTO
08-30-2002, 11:45 AM
Not creative, but I will remove my footer picture.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=121024

johnlew
08-30-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
Darn, I got enough posts but I'm not that creative to come up with something...

Shrink your sig.

Or, how 'bout close up of something really unique to your new/old M3?

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 11:48 AM
how about a close up of the ///M3 logo. nice/simple.

Originally posted by johnlew


Shrink your sig.

Or, how 'bout close up of something really unique to your new/old M3?

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Hmm...looks like I'll need to kick into overdrive for the next few days if I'm gonna make the cutoff..!

EDIT: If I make it, here it is!

http://www.spinningloft.com/bimmerfest/avatar/Chris330Ci_avatar.gif

Josh (PA)
08-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


Shrink your sig.

Or, how 'bout close up of something really unique to your new/old M3?

close up of the m3 stipes on the corner of your seat.

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci
Hmm...looks like I'll need to kick into overdrive for the next few days if I'm gonna make the cutoff..!

jon said:

whomever currrently (as of 8/30/02)

Including the uncounted off-topic posts, adding clyde@work and clyde325xit, I have over 1100, but that ain't gonna cut it either :(

in_d_haus
08-30-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Josh (PA)


close up of the m3 stipes on the corner of your seat.

Hmmmm.....that's a possibility. How about a close up of the Griots logo :D

IndyMike
08-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Josh (PA)


close up of the m3 stipes on the corner of your seat.
I agree with Josh. I like this one, or use a better one that you might have.

<img src=http://www.mindspring.com/~haussler/bmw/Img_0050.jpg>

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 12:07 PM
now there's a thought. can we combine members posts and just swap avatar privileges let's say once a month?

goodness...only 790 something posts to go.

Originally posted by Clyde@work


jon said:



Including the uncounted off-topic posts, adding clyde@work and clyde325xit, I have over 1100, but that ain't gonna cut it either :(

johnlew
08-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by in_d_haus


Hmmmm.....that's a possibility. How about a close up of the Griots logo :D

With the M3 stripes 50% in the background

Cliff
08-30-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ChrisTO
goodness...only 790 something posts to go.

Only 125 or so a day and you'll have it made. Actual, meaningful content is clearly optional.

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


jon said:



Including the uncounted off-topic posts, adding clyde@work and clyde325xit, I have over 1100, but that ain't gonna cut it either :(
Can I donate the required posts to Clyde:dunno:

He is very deserving :thumbup: ;)

Josh (PA)
08-30-2002, 12:20 PM
What about me my friend??? I'm a few posts short too (not that I really want/need an avator)

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Josh (PA)
What about me my friend??? I'm a few posts short too (not that I really want/need an avator)
I think I can spare some for you too Josh. Sorry for the over sight:(

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Can I donate the required posts to Clyde:dunno:

He is very deserving :thumbup: ;)

aw, shucks [kicks feet]

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 12:33 PM
well even if i spend the next 8 hours posting, i have to post 1.6 posts every minute.

it's doable..but i will be polluting this board in a big way and probably end up pissing off everyone to the point that i'll get kicked off the board permanently and maybe forced to only post on bimmer.org.

Originally posted by Cliff3


Only 125 or so a day and you'll have it made. Actual, meaningful content is clearly optional.

JPinTO
08-30-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Cliff3

Actual, meaningful content is clearly optional.

Nay... virtually prohibited!

Cliff
08-30-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by ChrisTO
well even if i spend the next 8 hours posting, i have to post 1.6 posts every minute.

it's doable..but i will be polluting this board in a big way and probably end up pissing off everyone to the point that i'll get kicked off the board permanently and maybe forced to only post on bimmer.org.



125 posts in 8 hours (480 minutes)? Nah, that's only one every 3.84 minutes¹. Just reply to everything in sight with a :dunno: or a :lmao: and you're set. I doubt anyone will kick you off, but you may attract groupies, of a sort.

(edit)
¹ Assuming you pace yourself and just focus on meeting the 7 day timeline. No sense being an overachiever on this one.
(endedit)

IndyMike
08-30-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JPinTO


Nay... virtually prohibited!
Yeah, anything with any real content should be posted on 'The Flame' Board.

Mathew
08-30-2002, 12:54 PM
Damn, i just broke 100 yesterday....:(

I dont think you guys would appreciate if i posted 900ish things of nothing.

OT should count!!!!

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 12:55 PM
do i really have 7 days? it seems to me that the they will take who ever has 1000 posts as of today, Aug. 30th. maybe i miss read it.

i'll reread it and let you know how i interpretted it. :)

Originally posted by Cliff3

(edit)
¹ Assuming you pace yourself and just focus on meeting the 7 day timeline. No sense being an overachiever on this one.
(endedit)

rost12
08-30-2002, 12:58 PM
Hmm..
No real reason to post here...
Absolutely no really good reasons to post here...

johnlew
08-30-2002, 12:58 PM
FWIW, my guess is Jon will offer entry periods down the road for regulars once he sees how great the avatar system works on a larger scale. ie, once a month, quarter, etc. those with X number of posts will be eligible.

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by rost12
Hmm..
No real reason to post here...
Absolutely no really good reasons to post here...

:flipoff:

:D

thank goodness that today was a friday before a three day weekend and there's been almost absolutely nothing for me to do.

Cliff
08-30-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by ChrisTO
do i really have 7 days? it seems to me that the they will take who ever has 1000 posts as of today, Aug. 30th. maybe i miss read it.

i'll reread it and let you know how i interpretted it. :)


Sorry, I'm being a space cadet. It is in fact the post count as of today. Jon's in Santa Barbara, so there are 12 hours left in the day. 1 post a minute should be enough.

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 01:02 PM
groupies...now that would be cool. :) never had my own groupies.

Originally posted by Cliff3

I doubt anyone will kick you off, but you may attract groupies, of a sort.

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 01:04 PM
so it's u that's under that suit for the BMW ad. :)

12 hours...i'm going to need some very creative topics to make this one come through. i need washroom breaks as well.
Originally posted by Cliff3


Sorry, I'm being a space cadet. It is in fact the post count as of today. Jon's in Santa Barbara, so there are 12 hours left in the day. 1 post a minute should be enough.

Cliff
08-30-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ChrisTO
groupies...now that would be cool. :) never had my own groupies.

The key concept here is "of a sort"

Mathew
08-30-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by rost12
Hmm..
No real reason to post here...
Absolutely no really good reasons to post here...

yup
uh..huh...
i agree;)

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 01:21 PM
post count limited to 1 every 30secs! this is going to be a stumbling block.

Josh (PA)
08-30-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by rost12
Hmm..
No real reason to post here...
Absolutely no really good reasons to post here...

Stop hogging bandwidth, you already have an avator... and I voted for you too damn it.:banghead:

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Josh (PA)


Stop hogging bandwidth, you already have an avator... and I voted for you too damn it.:banghead:

Gave you something to reply to and help you get one closer :D

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 01:35 PM
Ummm, Jon, to make up for my "missing" 175 or so posts....do I make my check payable to you??? or Bimmerfest??? or Cutters motors???:lmao: :D

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


Gave you something to reply to and help you get one closer :D
Only 301 more to go :yikes:

Hey Clyde don't you have something else you could be "working" on;) :confused:

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Only 301 more to go :yikes:

Hey Clyde don't you have something else you could be "working" on;) :confused:

At work? Are you kidding? :D

rost12
08-30-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Clyde@work

Gave you something to reply to and help you get one closer :D

Umm...what he said! :D

Btw, this site is slow today...I guess if you guys keep it up we can bring it to its knees...muhahaha :)

Josh (PA)
08-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by rost12


Umm...what he said! :D

Btw, this site is slow today...I guess if you guys keep it up we can bring it to its knees...muhahaha :)

see Rost, that's what I'm talking about. I have 300 more posts to go, and you keep using processor power.... AAAAAHHHH

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


At work? Are you kidding? :D
Oh I forgot civil service:rolleyes: :lmao:

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Oh I forgot civil service:rolleyes: :lmao:

:D And on the friday preceeding a three day weekend too :D

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 01:46 PM
ok..last OT post for me to make the impossible 1000 count by EOD.

if you keep posting pictures in every thread maybe we can take down the server. :dunno:

Originally posted by rost12


Umm...what he said! :D

Btw, this site is slow today...I guess if you guys keep it up we can bring it to its knees...muhahaha :)

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


:D And on the friday preceeding a three day weekend too :D
But I did do something today :p

















But on the new wheel:thumbup:

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

But I did do something today :p

But on the new wheel:thumbup:

I actually did some work today.

I woke up.

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT
But on the new wheel:thumbup:

With some luck (a lot, now that I think of it), I'll be able to finish installing the phatbox after I get home.

Alex Baumann
08-30-2002, 02:49 PM
As a member of the 'former' multi-slacker gang, don't want to miss the chance :p

here ya go :D

Alex 'Stealth' Baumann

Jon Shafer
08-30-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


jon said:



Including the uncounted off-topic posts, adding clyde@work and clyde325xit, I have over 1100, but that ain't gonna cut it either :(

Of course we will make an exception for you Clyde...

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 03:47 PM
Technically, I've got 6 hours to go by EST, 9 by PST... :D Only about 200 more to go...it's gonna be tough. :banghead:

If I make it, I'll go with this:

http://www.spinningloft.com/bimmerfest/avatar/Chris330Ci_avatar.gif

EDIT: Whoops, better make that a .gif file. Wouldn't want to be disqualified on a technicality... :angel:

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Alex Baumann
As a member of the 'former' multi-slacker gang, don't want to miss the chance :p

here ya go :D

Alex 'Stealth' Baumann
Nice Alex by why not a pic of your Individual Alpina:dunno:

JPinTO
08-30-2002, 04:01 PM
Thank You! :)

geomax
08-30-2002, 04:23 PM
Here you go...

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 04:56 PM
Please, please, please... :angel: What might one need to do to grease the wheels with the admins? Jon? Need some webspace? Another email account? :D

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 04:57 PM
So who else is close that could make it tonight if they *really* try?

-Eugie
-who else?

johnlew
08-30-2002, 06:01 PM
Can I go with this for now?

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by EugieBaange
Me? Nah! I've leaving for a gig in an hour. My night's shot
And I can't make it before then, I don't type fast enough. :\

No, the only way I'd make it would be for Jon to give credit for time served on the OT board :angel: That'd make a 1000 easily.

Oh and I came to the 'fest in January.
Hell, that makes me an old-timer.
Almost :D



I wish OT and the Flame counted. :(

johnlew
08-30-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci


I wish OT and the Flame counted. :(

some ot and flame posts are miscategorized. Like HTS tease about the E36 this A.M.

Mathew
08-30-2002, 07:00 PM
Chris deserves an A for his effort dont ya think???

Mathew
08-30-2002, 07:01 PM
No, make that an A+

Mathew
08-30-2002, 07:01 PM
No but seriously...i think he does...

:angel: :angel:

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci
Technically, I've got 6 hours to go by EST, 9 by PST... :D Only about 200 more to go...it's gonna be tough. :banghead:



If you re-read Jon's post, he said 7 days......give your poor fingers and keyboard a rest:D :banghead: :)

johnlew
08-30-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs


If you re-read Jon's post, he said 7 days......give your poor fingers and keyboard a rest:D :banghead: :)

Sorry, he said

whomever currrently (as of 8/30/02) has at least 1,000 posts here at The 'Fest

You have 7 days to submit your avatar.

johnlew
08-30-2002, 07:08 PM
Hey thanks Jon. You're the best. I'll be telling all my California people to find you at Cutter! :thumbup: :D

johnlew
08-30-2002, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure why, when I changed my avatar to a gif format, I lost my orange corners. Oh well, cheap way to show clears. :)

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


Sorry, he said



You have 7 days to submit your avatar.


My bad....sorry about that:)

johnlew
08-30-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs



My bad....sorry about that:)

I read it wrong the first time too and posted a bad post to ACK which I have deleted. :angel:

johnlew
08-30-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs



My bad....sorry about that:)

In fact, he was so emphatic about it that he used three r's in currently :D

whomever currrently (as of 8/30/02) has at least 1,000 posts here at The 'Fest

Sorry Jon, it was funny.

Mathew
08-30-2002, 07:17 PM
Did anybody happen to notice this in their avatar menu?


Avatars are small graphical images that you may choose in your profile. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. You can select the image that best describes yourself from your profile options.

Here's the list of currently available avatars:

If you have more than 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999 posts, you may also specify your own custom avatar.

in_d_haus
08-30-2002, 07:18 PM
Look what my new best friend did for me! What do you guys think? I like it. Thanks to Jana!

johnlew
08-30-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
Look what my new best friend did for me! What do you guys think? I like it. Thanks to Jana!

I like it. If possible I'd try to make the angle of the stripes and your logo the same as the trunk seam.

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
Look what my new best friend did for me! What do you guys think? I like it. Thanks to Jana!

Looks cool! I'm getting closer... :angel:

johnlew
08-30-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by ///Mathew
Did anybody happen to notice this in their avatar menu?



Chris has alot of work to do!

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
Look what my new best friend did for me! What do you guys think? I like it. Thanks to Jana!

that looks real nice:thumbup:

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs


that looks real nice:thumbup:

Come on Doug, lets go for it..! Only 149 more for me, 169 for you.

Mathew
08-30-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci


Come on Doug, lets go for it..! Only 149 more for me, 169 for you.

I can be your coach and motivate you guys , cause theres absolutely NO chance in hell im not doing it...

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci


Come on Doug, lets go for it..! Only 149 more for me, 169 for you.

yeah,but, what about the time thing... it's 9:39 here in NJ but the board time is 11:39 :thumbdwn: were almost outta time

johnlew
08-30-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs


yeah,but, what about the time thing... it's 9:39 here in NJ but the board time is 11:39 :thumbdwn: were almost outta time

Jon *could* be talking PST :dunno:

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs


yeah,but, what about the time thing... it's 9:39 here in NJ but the board time is 11:39 :thumbdwn: were almost outta time
You guys are shameless:rolleyes:

Keep up the good work:bigpimp: :thumbup:

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

You guys are shameless:rolleyes:

Keep up the good work:bigpimp: :thumbup:

I'm going for it! I just finished loading up the car, still gotta take out the trash, and then I'm on the home stretch!

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


Jon *could* be talking PST :dunno:

I'm thinking it's PST...

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs


yeah,but, what about the time thing... it's 9:39 here in NJ but the board time is 11:39 :thumbdwn: were almost outta time

Don't tell me your giving up ..?! Onward! Upward!

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 07:56 PM
my fingers are getting tired:cry: :bawling: :mad: :banghead:

operknockity
08-30-2002, 07:57 PM
Jon,

You've created some monsters :bigpimp:

(hmmmmm. 980-something messages to go... think I can make it :yikes: )

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs
my fingers are getting tired:cry: :bawling: :mad: :banghead:

Take a break and come back...worked for me. I guess I will take out the trash before it gets too late... :eeps:

Jon Shafer
08-30-2002, 08:02 PM
Take a break - you've got time...

Verizon time is 7:02 and 10 seconds...

:)

johnlew
08-30-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer
Take a break - you've got time...

Verizon time is 7:02 and 10 seconds...

:)

:lmao:

Jon, YOU are cruel. :D

johnlew
08-30-2002, 08:05 PM
Hey PM325xiT. Took a little stab at an avatar for you. Tell me to MYOB if need be. :D

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 08:08 PM
OHH NOO there's smoke coming out of my cable modem....:) :yikes:

better boot up the laptop..yeah, thats an idea, i can try to post from 2 computers...

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer
Take a break - you've got time...

Verizon time is 7:02 and 10 seconds...

:)

:mad: and 10 seconds..! Realistically, I've got about 2 hours since I need to get to sleep by 12:00pm EST at the latest if I need to be at the track by 7:00am. :rolleyes:

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs
OHH NOO there's smoke coming out of my cable modem....:) :yikes:

better boot up the laptop..yeah, thats an idea, i can try to post from 2 computers...

There's an idea...I have 4 computers. Too bad only one set of hands. :(

Mathew
08-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci


There's an idea...I have 4 computers. Too bad only one set of hands. :(

Good luck. Ive gotta go, see you on the other side, avatar or not

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ///Mathew


Good luck. Ive gotta go, see you on the other side, avatar or not

I feel like I'm in some kind of bizarro two-minute drill where I have to reach 1000 or else...

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 08:26 PM
Jon, did you see my post about sending you a check??:D :)


How about credit cards????:) :angel:

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs
Jon, did you see my post about sending you a check??:D :)


How about credit cards????:) :angel:

I offered up free web space and email accounts... :dunno: :D

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs
Jon, did you see my post about sending you a check??:D :)


How about credit cards????:) :angel:

I just hope that by now, Jon knows a little bit about my sense of humor, and just gets a good laugh out of these posts.

I can't condone the use of bribes:bigpimp:

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs


I just hope that by now, Jon's knows a little bit about my sense of humor, and just gets a good laugh out of these posts.

I can't condone the use of bribes:bigpimp:

Hey Doug! Looks like Jon hooked us up..!!!! I'm gonna make it..!!! :D :bigpimp: :thumbup:

johnlew
08-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci


Hey Doug! Looks like Jon hooked us up..!!!! I'm gonna make it..!!! :D :bigpimp: :thumbup:

The man has a heart of gold.

Now....where's the avatar you're submitting?

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


The man has a heart of gold.

Now....where's the avatar you're submitting?

Jon is the man! :thumbup: Christmas in August! http://www.spinningloft.com/bimmerfest/smileys/santa.gif It's actually nothing that special, but it's on the first page and somewhere else after that...

johnlew
08-30-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci


Jon is the man! :thumbup: Christmas in August! http://www.spinningloft.com/bimmerfest/smileys/santa.gif It's actually nothing that special, but it's on the first page and somewhere else after that...

Oh no! You got the booby prize :lmao:

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 08:54 PM
What...?! What's that..?! Dancing spiderman..?! :mad: I've been duped..! :thumbdwn: :cry:

johnlew
08-30-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci
What...?! What's that..?! Dancing spiderman..?! :mad: I've been duped..! :thumbdwn: :cry:

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 08:57 PM
You are the man Jon:thumbup: :thumbup:


This place rocks:thumbup:

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 08:58 PM
Whew...that's much better. :thumbup: Thanks Jon!

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 08:58 PM
That spiderman still cracks me up...I'll submit something else this weekend

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs




I can't condone the use of bribes:bigpimp:

But if I can ever set you up with anything Jon, just PM me

My wife imports fine chocolates and liquors from Germany

check out www.ourniche.com sometime

(christmas is around the corner!!)

johnlew
08-30-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs


But if I can ever set you up with anything Jon, just PM me

My wife imports fine chocolates and liquors from Germany

check out www.ourniche.com sometime

(christmas is around the corner!!)

bad link

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 09:09 PM
good link now:) :banghead: :) :angel:

johnlew
08-30-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs
good link now:) :banghead: :) :angel:

:thumbup:

johnlew
08-30-2002, 09:15 PM
Nite all, my wife wants me to come and test out our new memory foam mattress pad. ;)

Congrats to the millenium posters.

Mdk330i
08-30-2002, 09:32 PM
I only need 930 more posts. That's only 133 posts a day for the next seven days. Can I get an honorary avatar for 100 posts?

Mr. The Edge
08-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Mdk330i
I only need 930 more posts. That's only 133 posts a day for the next seven days. Can I get an honorary avatar for 100 posts?

sorry. you need 1000 by TONIGHT

Mr. The Edge
08-30-2002, 09:40 PM
okay, can I use this one temporarily until I work something better out?

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 09:45 PM
Jon

Could you please load up Johnlew's version for me:dunno: Would it be possible to request a change some time down the road? I have some ideas but I need to get some "stuff" together and one of the links has been weak so far:(

·clyde·
08-30-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer


Of course we will make an exception for you Clyde...

What a guy :thumbup:

Now I gotta make one better than that thing I posted in the other thread.

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


What a guy :thumbup:

Now I gotta make one better than that thing I posted in the other thread.
The weak link I noted was not you Clyde:D Johnlew was kind enough to throw me a temp together (without me even asking):thumbup: It's a 5 series but he's one of us wagon guys for sure:)

Dr. Phil
08-31-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by EugieBaange
Well, guys, told you I wouldn't make it.
The band get priority.
Maybe I'll get in with the next wave of "recruits" if there is one. Meanwhile, I like what I'm seeing.
In_d' (Jana): Very nice.

edit: Heyyyy... wait a second. I know I'm tired and getting "fried-er" by the minute but wha' happened to my post count?!?!? :D :confused:
Jon??? :bigpimp: :thumbup: or maybe its all an illusion. I'm checking again in the morning.
Do you believe in http://www.medi-info.com/nukeit/img/magician.gif :dunno:

Just like Disney here on the Fest.................anything is possible;)

Alex Baumann
08-31-2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Nice Alex by why not a pic of your Individual Alpina:dunno:

because there's not a single pic of an Alpina B3 Coupe with Mora Red known to mankind on the Net :D

I'll need to change it when I get my car :p

Alex 'Stealth' Baumann

Dr. Phil
08-31-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Alex Baumann


because there's not a single pic of an Alpina B3 Coupe with Mora Red known to mankind on the Net :D

I'll need to change it when I get my car :p

Alex 'Stealth' Baumann
Come on you could pshop some Mora Red couldn't you:dunno: Check that, that would be taboo.............let's wait for the real deal:angel:

·clyde·
08-31-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

The weak link I noted was not you Clyde:D Johnlew was kind enough to throw me a temp together (without me even asking):thumbup: It's a 5 series but he's one of us wagon guys for sure:)

I missed the weak link comment, and I noticed John's thing. Still gonna work on something this weekend, though. Finally had a few minutes after work yesterday...got the phatbox installed and working...now I need to load MP3s. Will post about it later today

johnlew
08-31-2002, 09:11 AM
Hey PM, glad you liked the temp avatar.

I think these avatars are great, you know who's talking (posting) immediately. :thumbup:

Great job Jon! Hope you sell a lot of cars today.

scottn2retro
08-31-2002, 09:15 AM
Congratulations to everyone that got avatars! :)

Hey Jon, I guess you knew what you were doing when we opened Pandora's box! :D

Seems to have generated some fun and creativity by the B'fest faithful. :bigpimp:

Dr. Phil
08-31-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by scottn2retro
Seems to have generated some fun and creativity by the B'fest faithful. :bigpimp:
Exactly and bring the community together:thumbup:

ChrisTO
08-31-2002, 10:48 AM
how many posts do i have left to go? what time is it in the west coast? can i still make the 1000th post in time? :)

Mathew
08-31-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by ChrisTO
how many posts do i have left to go? what time is it in the west coast? can i still make the 1000th post in time? :)

Umm....looks like you got one chris....:thumbup:

DougDogs
08-31-2002, 08:17 PM
Ok I guess I can't link to an image that is a .jpg file:bawling:

I'll just attach this jpeg...maybe someone with skills out here can help me out

I hope this does not offend anyone...I know this board is world wide, not country wide, but I like this picture.....


I don't think I would want to keep it as a perminent avitar, but it seems fitting for the next few weeks.....or I could just add it to my sig, and select something else for an avitar

scottn2retro
08-31-2002, 09:45 PM
Doug - you saw my opinion on the other thread :)

atyclb - (btw, nice work helping out DrBimmer) I know you are an avatar contest winner and I like the artwork, but I'm not sure the caption 'BLOW ME TD' sends the right message for new visitors to the site (or for the current members for that matter :lmao: ) Can you go back to

Kaz
09-01-2002, 12:05 AM
OK, I think I meet the qualifications.

Frankly I think this would be more approproate for The HACK, all things considered, but I got sick of coming up with something with a car piece in it. :D

http://www.bimmerfest.com/members/kaz/avatar1.jpg

johnlew
09-01-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
OK, I think I meet the qualifications.

Frankly I think this would be more approproate for The HACK, all things considered, but I got sick of coming up with something with a car piece in it. :D

http://www.bimmerfest.com/members/kaz/avatar1.jpg

That would be the "before" pic. :)

Mr. The Edge
09-01-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by scottn2retro
Doug - you saw my opinion on the other thread :)

atyclb - (btw, nice work helping out DrBimmer) I know you are an avatar contest winner and I like the artwork, but I'm not sure the caption 'BLOW ME TD' sends the right message for new visitors to the site (or for the current members for that matter :lmao: ) Can you go back to

scott--I tried to get jon to change it--se my post a few above yours. I agree with your reasoning

scottn2retro
09-01-2002, 01:31 PM
Looks like Jon's on the job today! :)

Mr. The Edge
09-01-2002, 01:32 PM
thanks jon--I'm working on a good one

Ack
09-02-2002, 12:29 AM
Jon,

I just got back from my trip to Toronto for the auto show. Can I get the avatar below?

johnlew
09-02-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Ack
Jon,

I just got back from my trip to Toronto for the auto show. Can I get the avatar below?

Looks good Ack. How did the show go? Might want to answer on a new thread.

johnlew
09-02-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Ack
Jon,

I just got back from my trip to Toronto for the auto show. Can I get the avatar below?

Ack, you may want to consider an edge fade and more subtle name. Or you may want to tell me to MYOB!

Ack
09-02-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by johnlew


Ack, you may want to consider an edge fade and more subtle name. Or you may want to tell me to MYOB!

I do like that. Thanks John! :thumbup:

I'll start a new thread explaining the show, lots of good news!

scottn2retro
09-02-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Ack


I do like that. Thanks John! :thumbup:

I'll start a new thread explaining the show, lots of good news!

John is quick becoming the avatar king :)

johnlew
09-02-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by scottn2retro


John is quick becoming the avatar king :)

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :angel:

Dr. Phil
09-02-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


Not that there's anything wrong with that. :angel:
Johnlew the :bigpimp: of avatars :thumbup:

No offense on the switch over John, just showing a little wagon unification:D Could you PM the larger version of the avatar you made for me:dunno: Thinking of working it into another signature and trying that roational stuff the Plaz and Clyde do:p

johnlew
09-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Johnlew the :bigpimp: of avatars :thumbup:

No offense on the switch over John, just showing a little wagon unification:D Could you PM the larger version of the avatar you made for me:dunno: Thinking of working it into another signature and trying that roational stuff the Plaz and Clyde do:p


All I did was add text to the picture of your wheel in whatever post that was, add some text, italicize it and then shrink it. I don't have it here anymore, but will do one up if you need help. Like your new one.

Dr. Phil
09-02-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by johnlew



All I did was add text to the picture of your wheel in whatever post that was, add some text, italicize it and then shrink it. I don't have it here anymore, but will do one up if you need help. Like your new one.
Wll do John. Clyde did a great job on our new ones:thumbup:

Thanks for the offer to help. It'll do me good to practice:eek:

johnlew
09-02-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Wll do John. Clyde did a great job on our new ones:thumbup:

Thanks for the offer to help. It'll do me good to practice:eek:

If you point me to the original pic of the wheel, I can do it up pretty quickly. Just don't remember what thread the wheel pic was in.

Dr. Phil
09-02-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


If you point me to the original pic of the wheel, I can do it up pretty quickly. Just don't remember what thread the wheel pic was in.
No problem, I have all the pics here somewhere:)

If I stumble I'll ask for you to help me up;)

ashecnc
09-11-2002, 01:41 PM
was that only for last month :( what if someone wants one later?

Jon Shafer
09-11-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by CCs328Ci
was that only for last month :( what if someone wants one later?

Today (9/11) is a special day.

If you want one (and have over 1,000 posts here),
you can have one.

Attach your avatar to this specific thread.

Important point; make sure that the size parameters
are in-line, and that it's the one that you really
want.

No changes - it's a one-shot deal!
:D

ashecnc
09-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer


Today (9/11) is a special day.

If you want one (and have over 1,000 posts here),
you can have one.

Attach your avatar to this specific thread.

Important point; make sure that the size parameters
are in-line, and that it's the one that you really
want.

No changes - it's a one-shot deal!
:D

ok cool..how about this

http://www.e46fanatics.com/members/CCs328Ci/bmw3.gif

ashecnc
09-11-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer


Today (9/11) is a special day.

If you want one (and have over 1,000 posts here),
you can have one.

Attach your avatar to this specific thread.

Important point; make sure that the size parameters
are in-line, and that it's the one that you really
want.

No changes - it's a one-shot deal!
:D

Thanks Jon :thumbup:

Spiderm0n
09-11-2002, 02:44 PM
Jon,

Can I have the attached avatar? I know I didn't meet the minimum, but I have been here since the beginning and will name my first-born Shafer.

Thanks (in advance) ;)

dredmo
09-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Spiderm0n
Jon,

Can I have the attached avatar? I know I didn't meet the minimum, but I have been here since the beginning and will name my first-born Shafer.

Thanks (in advance) ;) You appear to be either humping the floor, or practicing your climbing techniques on the floor spider :thumbup:

scottn2retro
09-11-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by dredmo
You appear to be either humping the floor, or practicing your climbing techniques on the floor spider :thumbup:

Needs to turn it upside down? Hey Dredmo, I wanted to send a PM, but the box was full. Could you send me an e-mail? (got something for you) :)

Spiderm0n
09-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by dredmo
You appear to be either humping the floor, or practicing your climbing techniques on the floor spider :thumbup:

Work with me here Dred.... the camaraman is being held out the window by his ankles as this picture is being taken :confused:

DougDogs
09-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Spiderm0n
Jon,

Can I have the attached avatar? I know I didn't meet the minimum, but I have been here since the beginning and will name my first-born Shafer.

Thanks (in advance) ;)

Sure you don't want the dancing one?????:D

scottn2retro
09-11-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs


Sure you don't want the dancing one?????:D

:lmao: That would be cool :lmao:

dredmo
09-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Spiderm0n


Work with me here Dred.... the camaraman is being held out the window by his ankles as this picture is being taken :confused:
Ahh, apoligies your way my firend, You must forgive me for i have a skewed perspective on all things, and only can see the picture at one angle. No in between the lines for me. Great pic in all seriousness spider, hope you know i was foolin with ya =P:angel:

Spiderm0n
09-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by dredmo

Ahh, apoligies your way my firend, You must forgive me for i have a skewed perspective on all things, and only can see the picture at one angle. No in between the lines for me. Great pic in all seriousness spider, hope you know i was foolin with ya =P:angel:

of course I did... and BTW we need your skewed perspective back on the OT board. All the perspectives there are skewed.... just most are skewed the wrong way! :bawling:

dredmo
09-11-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Spiderm0n


of course I did... and BTW we need your skewed perspective back on the OT board. All the perspectives there are skewed.... just most are skewed the wrong way! :bawling:

ohhh man, i was biting my tounge earlier, but you know its funny, its almost an identical chain of rhetoric spoken in every such forum.

Person A, blah blah i want to sound intellegent blah blah
Person B, you are so intellegent Person A, however blah and blah should be bleah and bleah
Person C, No I know for fact that blah and blah is this way, so you both are damned to hell
Person A, wahhhhh
Person B, wahhhhh
Person C, I truly am sorry for any pain I caused
Person D, you are all wrong
Person C, wahhhhh
Person E, Arguing over the internet is like being retarded picture...
Topic dies, and same topic brought back to life 3 days later with a slightly new topic header.

=P

this was meant only as a joke, and i do kinda miss posting on the "political/religious" topics, but its almost as fun to sit back and read.:thumbup:

Spiderm0n
09-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Thanks Jon! I love my avatar... :)

johnlew
09-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Spiderm0n
Jon,

Can I have the attached avatar? I know I didn't meet the minimum, but I have been here since the beginning and will name my first-born Shafer.

Thanks (in advance) ;)

Someone ought to photoshop this so you're climbing the hood of a 3 series onto the windshield.

·clyde·
09-11-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by dredmo


ohhh man, i was biting my tounge earlier, ...

I was right! :D I still don't want to see the blood http://www.lawair.com/bmw/smiyuk.gif

dredmo
09-11-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


Someone ought to photoshop this so you're climbing the hood of a 3 series onto the windshield. :thumbup:

dredmo
09-11-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


I was right! :D I still don't want to see the blood http://www.lawair.com/bmw/smiyuk.gif :lmao: :flipoff:

Spiderm0n
09-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


Someone ought to photoshop this so you're climbing the hood of a 3 series onto the windshield.

That would be awesome.... maybe I give it a try (although my p shop skills arre weak)

3seriesbimmer
09-11-2002, 10:01 PM
oh I have sooooo many more posts to go :bawling:

RKT BMR
09-12-2002, 07:08 AM
Okay, so starting way behind here, by the year 2010 I'll have 1000 posts, and be eligible, I guess :( Can't wait to see what Bangle has in store for us then!

I tried to pick an avatar, and even the "stock" versions are not available. I do note, however, that many people seem to have avatars (even personalized!) with far fewer than 1000 posts... Did I just miss the boat or something?

Dave

Ack
09-12-2002, 07:31 AM
I think Jon decided that if you were a board regular that has been around since December or so, even if you had less than 1000 posts, you could get an avatar.

rost12
09-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Spiderm0n


That would be awesome.... maybe I give it a try (although my p shop skills arre weak)


My photochoping skills are not that good, but here goes. Hope you like :)

johnlew
09-12-2002, 08:52 PM
Rost, not to cause trouble...here's mine. Does it suck?

rost12
09-13-2002, 06:47 AM
No trouble at all!
Choice is good :)

johnlew
09-13-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by rost12
No trouble at all!
Choice is good :)

I originally imagined what you did, but could not find a good picture of a 330 looking down the windshield onto the hood with roundel and all. This got a bit smaller than I wanted. How did you get the image out? I spent too much time trying to make the background transparent in the original. I use MGI photosuite. Actually, the more I look at it, I like your's. Spiderman suddenly on your windshield as you're barreling down the road!

johnlew
09-13-2002, 06:58 AM
P.S. Rost...

Bring *YOUR* avatar back! I like it.

rost12
09-13-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by johnlew


I originally imagined what you did, but could not find a good picture of a 330 looking down the windshield onto the hood with roundel and all. This got a bit smaller than I wanted. How did you get the image out? I spent too much time trying to make the background transparent in the original. I use MGI photosuite. Actually, the more I look at it, I like your's. Spiderman suddenly on your windshield as you're barreling down the road!

I took my pic driving down some back-roads yesterday. It was a bit scary taking pics with your right hand poking through the sun-roof :yikes:
As for spidey image, I just cut him out of the pic that SpidermOn already has for his sig. Used photochop :)

I'm just thinking, what if we could find some kid in Spiderman costume, help him onto the hood of the car and take a pic of that...now THAT would be cool :)

Nope. The avatar is dead, long live the sig! :)

·clyde·
09-13-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by rost12
I'm just thinking, what if we could find some kid in Spiderman costume, help him onto the hood of the car and take a pic of that...now THAT would be cool :)

On the hood's thin metal? http://www.lawair.com/bmw/smiyuk.gif

OTOH, if you alreayd had a dented hood. . . :D

Mr. The Edge
09-13-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by rost12


I'm just thinking, what if we could find some kid in Spiderman costume, help him onto the hood of the car and take a pic of that...now THAT would be cool :)


here are 2 candidates:

http://www.jhu.edu/~eps/faculty/waugh/alex3.jpg

http://www.ifa-rennes.org/halloween98/media/spiderman3.jpg

rost12
09-13-2002, 07:59 AM
Clyde -
You and your reality...
:)

atclyb - do you have any with MASKS on? The ones you've got now are not too scary :)

Mr. The Edge
09-13-2002, 08:10 AM
http://www.harlequincostumes.co.uk/images/spiderman.jpg

http://www.itstoys.com/hc54551a.jpg

Mr. The Edge
09-13-2002, 08:12 AM
this could really work on a hood

http://gamersworld.free.fr/desktop/spiderman.jpg

Spiderm0n
09-13-2002, 11:20 AM
Wow... you guys are really running with this! The last picture (atyclb's wallpaper) on Alee's hood would rock!

Now the baby pics on the other hand .... :confused:

ashecnc
09-13-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by johnlew
Rost, not to cause trouble...here's mine. Does it suck?

that looks like my car :confused:

johnlew
09-13-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by CCs328Ci


that looks like my car :confused:

No, your's has wobbly wheels.

I don't know who's it is. Pulled it off the bimmerfest showroom, I think. The white 330 with the graffiti in the backround. Beautiful pic. Worked well for the avatar. But looks like Spider ain't interested.

ashecnc
09-13-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


No, your's has wobbly wheels.

I don't know who's it is. Pulled it off the bimmerfest showroom, I think. The white 330 with the graffiti in the backround. Beautiful pic. Worked well for the avatar. But looks like Spider ain't interested.

NO..I mean you have my REAL car pic :thumbup: :D

johnlew
09-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by CCs328Ci


NO..I mean you have my REAL car pic :thumbup: :D

I know what you meant. Just didn't know for sure that it was your's. Great looking machine there and I'm not a fan of white.

Spiderm0n
09-13-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


No, your's has wobbly wheels.

I don't know who's it is. Pulled it off the bimmerfest showroom, I think. The white 330 with the graffiti in the backround. Beautiful pic. Worked well for the avatar. But looks like Spider ain't interested.

I do appreciate the job you did. What I should do is make one with my own car (jet black, baby!) so it fits me better. :)

johnlew
09-13-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Spiderm0n


I do appreciate the job you did. What I should do is make one with my own car (jet black, baby!) so it fits me better. :)

I tried playing with the black pics I could find and they all came out lousy. I'm still determined to come up with something good. I did look on your profile for a descrip of your car, but there wasn't any.

ashecnc
09-13-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by johnlew


I know what you meant. Just didn't know for sure that it was your's. Great looking machine there and I'm not a fan of white.

white sure does look good...I mean everywhere I go I get compliments and stares..... pretty wilddddddddddd

johnlew
09-13-2002, 05:53 PM
Yet another submission for SpidermOn


:thumbup: :thumbdwn:

johnlew
09-13-2002, 06:00 PM
One more

Spiderm0n
09-13-2002, 06:03 PM
John, this one is really cool! Thanks! :thumbup:

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=137833

EDIT: I barely posted this and it was changed into my avatar! Thanks Jon or whoever did it :)

johnlew
09-13-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Spiderm0n
John, this one is really cool! Thanks! :thumbup:

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=137833

EDIT: I barely posted this and it was changed into my avatar! Thanks Jon or whoever did it :)

My pleasure, looking good in action!

Jon Shafer
09-13-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Spiderm0n
John, this one is really cool! Thanks! :thumbup:

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=137833

EDIT: I barely posted this and it was changed into my avatar! Thanks Jon or whoever did it :)

You're welcome...
:D

Plaz
09-13-2002, 09:59 PM
...can you install it for me please?

Thanks!

operknockity
09-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Plaz
Re: Okay, here's my new one...
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Plaz
09-13-2002, 10:24 PM
Wow, that was fast!

Jon, get a life! :lmao:

(just kidding... kinda... I guess I could use one too... ****, now I'm getting depressed. :bawling: )

·clyde·
09-14-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Plaz
Wow, that was fast!

Jon, get a life! :lmao:

(just kidding... kinda... I guess I could use one too... ****, now I'm getting depressed. :bawling: )

On the upside, your new avatar is outstanding! Nice!

Plaz
09-14-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


On the upside, your new avatar is outstanding! Nice!

Thanks!

I'll also confess that I've been a secret admirer of your sigs ever since your overhaul a month or so ago. :thumbup:

edit: Your avatar's not too shabby either. I especially like the cones. :D

·clyde·
09-14-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Plaz


Thanks!

I'll also confess that I've been a secret admirer of your sigs ever since your overhaul a month or so ago. :thumbup:

Thanks! A number of your sigs were the inspiration.

edit: Your avatar's not too shabby either. I especially like the cones. :D

:D

IndyMike
09-14-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by johnlew


My pleasure, looking good in action!
John, that is one very cool avatar you did for spidey! :thumbup:

Very quickly you have become somewhat of a avatar guru.

Another good example of the brotherhood of B-Fest at work.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dr. Phil
09-14-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Plaz
edit: Your avatar's not too shabby either. I especially like the cones. :D
No cones for me:bawling: :(

Maybe Clyde could add some horse manure or something that I need to swerve to avoid on the local roads here:dunno:

johnlew
09-14-2002, 09:06 AM
Nice new avatars guys.

Plaz, does this mean we can *return* unwanted posts by you?

Jon, that's really sharp!

With all the new facelifts, I'm gonna have to get to reknow everyone.

Jon Shafer
09-14-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by johnlew
Nice new avatars guys.

Plaz, does this mean we can *return* unwanted posts by you?

Jon, that's really sharp!

With all the new facelifts, I'm gonna have to get to reknow everyone.

You talkin' to me??
:confused:

:p

Ack
09-14-2002, 10:34 AM
John Lew, you are the avatar master! :thumbup: Spidermon's new avatar looks great. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jon, your new avatar is amazing also. :D

Now if only our content in these threads could get a little better . . . troll troll troll troll, troll troll troll troll (to the meow mix song).

Plaz
09-14-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by johnlew
Plaz, does this mean we can *return* unwanted posts by you?

If defective, you can get a replacement or your money back. :)

Of course, when has one of my posts ever been unwanted or defective? :angel:

3seriesbimmer
09-14-2002, 11:23 PM
pete whats up with your sig????:dunno:

Dr. Phil
09-16-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs
Jon, as we are well past 9/11/02.....is this too wide to use???


or maybe John Lew or someone more talented can clean up the color/ angles:dunno:
Looks like a little Clyde work or did you mesh yours and his together:dunno:

·clyde·
09-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs
Jon, as we are well past 9/11/02.....is this too wide to use???

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=139217

or maybe John Lew or someone more talented can clean up the color/ angles:dunno:

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

it just looks wrong. I haven't had time, but I'll get to it. Please don't use that, though! It's just...http://www.lawair.com/bmw/smiyuk.gif

johnlew
09-16-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by DougDogs
Jon, as we are well past 9/11/02.....is this too wide to use???


or maybe John Lew or someone more talented can clean up the color/ angles:dunno:

I'm sorry, I don't think I can help on this one. :)

Ack
09-16-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 3seriesbimmer
pete whats up with your sig????:dunno:

What's wrong with it?

DougDogs
09-17-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Clyde@work


NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

it just looks wrong. I haven't had time, but I'll get to it. Please don't use that, though! It's just...http://www.lawair.com/bmw/smiyuk.gif

look guys, let me explain....My wife does graphics for the company she works for (no, it's NOT here main job) she has Quark and photoshop 7 at work, but we only have imageshop at home.

She wanted to try to make the avitar, but something happened to the colors when saving to a jpeg file. (not to mention what she did to the tire tread!)

What could I do??? my wife wanted to get involved!! couldn't tell her to go away now, could I???

Obviously Jon already used the best judgment by not moving it to my avaitar, and I just deleted the post!!