PDA

View Full Version : Bmw Hud


ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 11:27 AM
any BMW models have HUD?

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 11:30 AM
Stop giving Bangle ideas..! http://www.spinningloft.com/bimmerfest/smileys/nono.gif

The HACK
08-30-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ChrisTO
any BMW models have HUD?

Yes. The FW-24/25 chasis driven by Ralf Schumaker is suppose to have HUD integrated into his helmet and plugged into the on-board computer on the chasis.

TECHNICALLY that's a BMW I guess.

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 11:48 AM
fighter jet technology finds its way into a BMW. what will the folks at SAAB think about this.

anyone have a picture inside Ralf's helmet?

Originally posted by The HACK


Yes. The FW-24/25 chasis driven by Ralf Schumaker is suppose to have HUD integrated into his helmet and plugged into the on-board computer on the chasis.

TECHNICALLY that's a BMW I guess.

ed325i
08-30-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ChrisTO
fighter jet technology finds its way into a BMW. what will the folks at SAAB think about this.

I would rather have HTS and HARM on my Bimmer. :)

HTS = Harm Targeting System
Harm = high speed anti-radiation missile (targets radars)

Ed

in_d_haus
08-30-2002, 12:28 PM
Actually I think a HUD would be cool. With the controls on the wheel, SMG paddles, and a hud you would never have to take your eyes off the road.

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 12:30 PM
the HUD display would have to be a shade of orange. :)

Originally posted by in_d_haus
Actually I think a HUD would be cool. With the controls on the wheel, SMG paddles, and a hud you would never have to take your eyes off the road.

Mathew
08-30-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey chris....just came in to break up your "chain" (and to get some more posts too) lol

:bigpimp:

ChrisTO
08-30-2002, 12:43 PM
ah...thread hijacker. away with you. :P

well i think this is it...i've wasted a good 2 hours here. i probably could've written up a nice intro for my thesis by now. and who knows how many other things i need to get done as well.

Originally posted by ///Mathew
Hey chris....just came in to break up your "chain" (and to get some more posts too) lol

:bigpimp:

TD
08-30-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Chris330ci
Stop giving Bangle ideas..! http://www.spinningloft.com/bimmerfest/smileys/nono.gif


Brilliant!

I will have to mention it to him tonight after our bath.

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by A. van Hooydonk



Brilliant!

I will have to mention it to him tonight after our bath.

:lmao: :lmao: You do that..!

Jetfire
08-30-2002, 07:06 PM
Actually, HUDs are great. It's really a shame that it hasn't caught on.

On my last car, I was definitely distracted by HUD for the first day or two. However, it became second nature quickly...and I grew to love it. Even the simple on on my car was useful - I could see how fast I was going without taking my eyes off the road. It would also project my turn signals, low fuel, and a few other things.

The C5 HUD does all this and more. You can program it to cycle through several sensor values. In addition, your RPMS are projected onto a digital tach, right above your speed. It's one of the coolest and most useful options I ordered.

ChrisTO
09-01-2002, 07:47 PM
doesn't it get distracting with the numbers always changing?

sorta like digital speedometers...

Originally posted by Jetfire
You can program it to cycle through several sensor values. In addition, your RPMS are projected onto a digital tach, right above your speed.

Jetfire
09-02-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ChrisTO
doesn't it get distracting with the numbers always changing?

sorta like digital speedometers...



Nope. It's basically two digits, and they don't really change that much if you think about it. It's really quite useful.