PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the carbon fiber roundel craze?

Mathew
08-30-2002, 01:05 PM
This week, it seemed a bunch of people went to .Org to find Carbon Fiber roundels for their car. They "saw it a few days ago and thought it was the coolest thing." I think thats gotta be one of the top 10 worst things you can do to your BMW. Youre messing up with the heritage and history of the company. Why on earth would anyone do this??? Do they not like the color blue or something?

Next time someone asks where to get em, im gonna say IWannaDefaceMyBMW.com :bigpimp:

Oh, BTW, does anybody have a pic handy? I can only imagine what it looks like, and if it is real carbon fiber, im thinking its pretty ugly

Mr Paddle.Shift
08-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Wait til you see some moron on this board replaced the roundels with an ALPINA one. :tsk:

Totally lame. :tsk:

in_d_haus
08-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Clem has them and they actually don't look bad. IMHO At Bimmerfest the Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 had red in place of the Blue...it worked with the body color

Mathew
08-30-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by VinceTopasBlau3
Wait til you see some moron on this board replaced the roundels with an ALPINA one. :tsk:

Alpina isnt bad if you deserve to have it. I was thinking more along the lines of defacing the trademark BMW signature.

(do you have and alpina badge?)

Josh (PA)
08-30-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by ///Mathew

Alpina isnt bad if you deserve to have it. I was thinking more along the lines of defacing the trademark BMW signature.

(do you have and alpina badge?)

Does a new steering wheel, body kit and wheels make you deserve to have it though, or is it just posing??? Just curious.

Dr. Phil
08-30-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by VinceTopasBlau3

Hey but it will match the air bag:bigpimp:

Mathew
08-30-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Josh (PA)

Does a new steering wheel, body kit and wheels make you deserve to have it though, or is it just posing??? Just curious.

Body kit would be a yes, i dunno about the other two. But hey, thats just what i think

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 01:41 PM
Bling bling... :dunno: :rolleyes: :thumbdwn:

StLChris
08-30-2002, 01:47 PM
I love the "I want to be different like all the other different people" mentality that runs among factions of the BMW community.

Kaz
08-30-2002, 02:00 PM
I thought about doing this... then sobered up. :tsk:

in_d_haus
08-30-2002, 02:07 PM
Pics here...not the best, the white looks ivory. Must be under florescent light.

http://forum.E46Fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=6468&highlight=carbon+fiber+roundel

Chris330Ci
08-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Thanks Doug...here's the pic... (I wanted to hit 800 posts before I left today :D )

Mathew
08-30-2002, 02:18 PM
Thanks for showing me them guys. Driving around, i dont think i woulda noticed. I thought the carbon fiber would have all those strands and brushings like this pic. Its not the best pic, i was hoping to find a more close up of the carbon fiber. But, i dont think that badge looks too spectacular (of course IMO)

http://www.montblanc.com/images/variety/products/1662.jpg

Kaz
08-30-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ///Mathew
Thanks for showing me them guys. Driving around, i dont think i woulda noticed. I thought the carbon fiber would have all those strands and brushings like this pic. Its not the best pic, i was hoping to find a more close up of the carbon fiber. But, i dont think that badge looks too spectacular (of course IMO)

Well, its fake CF on a sticker. Its not gonna look nearly as 3D as real CF.

in_d_haus
08-30-2002, 02:33 PM
Ya, I don't think anyone makes a real CF roundel

Kaz
08-30-2002, 02:35 PM
If it was real CF and blue, I'd have to reconsider. :D

scottn2retro
08-31-2002, 10:00 PM
Maybe in 25 years, if CF is outdated, one of those will help my car look more retro :D

machmeter
08-31-2002, 11:56 PM
Nice roundels, but not for me. I'll stick to the classics.

Although they do match my Michael Toschi shoes with CF inserts!:D

scottn2retro
09-01-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by machmeter
Nice roundels, but not for me. I'll stick to the classics.

Although they do match my Michael Toschi shoes with CF inserts!:D

:lmao: Can I use those for driving shoes? :D

Cliff
09-01-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
Well, its fake CF on a sticker. Its not gonna look nearly as 3D as real CF.

Real CF, maybe, but not for me. But fake CF? :tsk: