PDA

View Full Version : ED Dealers

jrubens
08-30-2002, 05:15 PM
I'm researching ED for a purchase next year. Has anyone done ED through a dealer in the Southern US? I live in Louisiana and am not sure whether any dealers here (or near here) will do ED at a ED invoice + (wholsale +) deal?

Thanks.

CD-55
08-30-2002, 05:49 PM
You should give Cutter a try!

jrubens
08-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Will they deliver to Southern US?

CD-55
08-30-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by jrubens
Will they deliver to Southern US?

I bet Jon could work something out.

hts
08-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey Hunter,

Did you purchase thru Jon/Franco?

:D

Cruzer
08-30-2002, 07:52 PM
Garlyn Shelton BWM in Bryan, TX or Garlyn Shelton BMW in Temple, TX. Both should be about a day's drive for you (they are about 1.5 hours apart. Draft up a letter offering $1000-1500 over invoice and fax it to all the dealers in Louisiana and Texas (about 10 dealers). Sit back and wait for their counter offers.

Remember that, unless you pick it up at the dealer, your local dealer will charge you $250-500 for local delivery. Factor that in if you are planning to ask for local delivery. Of course, Cutter is always a very good option, if your local dealer will take delivery.

DougDogs
08-30-2002, 07:54 PM
heck, have it delivered to the preformace center in SC and double your fun

in_d_haus
08-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Doesn't matter where you buy it from once you drop it off in Europe to be shipped back here they will drop ship it to any dealer

CD-55
08-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by hts
Hey Hunter,

Did you purchase thru Jon/Franco?

No, at the time I was taking qutoes thier production slots were later than I was looking for.

johnlew
08-30-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by CD-55

No, at the time I was taking qutoes thier production slots were later than I was looking for.

CD, I must have missed it. Did your car end up being totalled?

Cruzer
08-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
Doesn't matter where you buy it from once you drop it off in Europe to be shipped back here they will drop ship it to any dealer

Yes, provided the receiving dealer accepts the drop ship. Many do, some for free, most for a fee. The "courtesy delivery" fee may be high enough to change your decision about whether or not you want local delivery or are willing to drive from a dealer further away.

hts
08-31-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by CD-55

That's too bad. If I buy another BMW down the road, I certainly plan to give Jon/Franco every opportunity to earn my business (especially since I think we'll do another ED and if we can combine it with an SC pick-up over here!).

Now when is that 535i 6-speed with 300hp going to become available?

jrubens
09-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Cruzer:

do you think they will be willing to deal on a convertible? I've read online that it shouldn't make a difference with ED, but that the dealers sometimes try to jack up the prices because the cic is in demand.

Cruzer
09-02-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by jrubens
Cruzer:

do you think they will be willing to deal on a convertible? I've read online that it shouldn't make a difference with ED, but that the dealers sometimes try to jack up the prices because the cic is in demand.

I don't know. There's only one way to tell, which is by doing the fax letter method. The smaller city dealers are usually willing to do almost any deal for $1500 over invoice. It is well worth the drive IMHO. Good luck.