PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Code Problem

timboogeyman
10-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Yesterday morning I started my car up and on the display panel i noticed the time needed to be reset and also the date. I did so but I also noticed that when I turned the radio on a display that says Code _ _ _ _ _ comes up. I have tryed to contact the previous owner with no luck and I was wondering if there is anyway to find this code somewhere on the car. I have no manual either. Is there a way I can use the VIN to find it? Thank you so much.

deilenberger
10-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Yesterday morning I started my car up and on the display panel i noticed the time needed to be reset and also the date. I did so but I also noticed that when I turned the radio on a display that says Code _ _ _ _ _ comes up. I have tryed to contact the previous owner with no luck and I was wondering if there is anyway to find this code somewhere on the car. I have no manual either. Is there a way I can use the VIN to find it? Thank you so much.TimBoogeyMan, You will have to go to your friendly dealer for the code. They need the SN off the radio, and unless it's a newer one where you can hold "M" down while turning it on to get the SN - you have to pull it out of the car, which of course takes a special tool.

Once they have it out - they can look up the code on their computers.

thilton59
10-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Will the car start? Is there a beep when you attemp to start it? Have YOU started the car since you've had it?
thilton59@yahoo.com

timboogeyman
10-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Thank you very much for the information. I took the car to one of our local dealers where a buddy of mine works and he took care of it. I was going to attempt taking it out myself but I figured I should probably stick to mechanical things. :p

once again thank you!