PDA

View Full Version : !#$% My poor car

Stuka
08-31-2002, 12:11 AM
OK, so my oil light came on today while I was driving. Hmm, that's odd, I just checked it two days ago. Pulling into the garage, popped the hood, F$#K! Tell tale puddle of oil at the buttom of the engine tray. It's the head gasket guide bolt, it came loose again!:banghead:

And then, I think the diff is going too. Instead of the normal clunk noise that I am accustomed to since the E36 M3, there is now an added metallic clanking noise as well.:banghead:

Last but not least, both driver and passenger rubber windows sills are falling apart.

Yes, I use the gas pedal to make turns, and yes, I shift at redline most of the time, but I am also one of the very few M3 drivers who never ever rev the engine under no load and keeps it below 4K rpm until engine oil temp is at around 190.:angel:

Ah well, better now than Button Willow, eh?

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

operknockity
08-31-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Stuka
Ah well, better now than Button Willow, eh?

Better now than in the middle of Death Valley :yikes:

Raffi
08-31-2002, 12:27 AM
Dooood, get that POS M3 engine and diff fixed before Buttonwillow and Death Valley! :D :D :D :angel:

Dr. Phil
08-31-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by operknockity

Better now than in the middle of Death Valley :yikes:
Ah but I am sure Dave would make room in his van for Andy;) :eek:

Plaz
08-31-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Ah but I am sure Dave would make room in his van for Andy;) :eek:

I'm not sure if Dave would appreciate him always pressing the accelerator from the back seat with a broomstick.

"Straightaway!" *zoink* VRROOOOOOOOM!

Seriously, though, thank god for warrantee, heh?

Dr. Phil
08-31-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Plaz

I'm not sure if Dave would appreciate him always pressing the accelerator from the back seat with a broomstick.

"Straightaway!" *zoink* VRROOOOOOOOM!
:lmao:

I don't think the van could handle those sideways power slides either:yikes:

Seriously, though, thank god for warrantee, heh?
:thumbup: And hopefully they will not give him any crap if certain codes show up:angel:

scottn2retro
08-31-2002, 08:05 AM
So Andy's car has been officially 'Stuka'd'? :D

Dr. Phil
08-31-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by scottn2retro

:bigpimp:

:angel:

Stuka
08-31-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

I don't think the van could handle those sideways power slides either:yikes:

:thumbup: And hopefully they will not give him any crap if certain codes show up:angel:

Power slides you say? I'll be glad to show you guys how to do them. :thumbup:

I have SMG, BMWNA so far has been covering SMG cars without questioning. To question the existence of over rev in an SMG car is to question the design of SMG, which would not be good from a product liability stand point.:thumbdwn:

Besides, having the head gasket guide bolt loose has nothing to do with anything, but the lousy design of that bolt. The bolt is only torques to 18ft/lbs, and the washer is crushed each time. Or maybe BMW needs to change to torque spec on this thing?:dunno:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

Stuka
08-31-2002, 09:31 AM

:flipoff:

Anyway, the first time the head gasket guide bolt came loose was right after I passed the 3000 mile mark when the limiter can finally be safely tested.:thumbup:

At first I thought I was burning boat load of those expen$ive 10/60 oil, and bemoaning how proper break in didn't matter anyway. Then I found a big puddle of oil collected at the bottom tray. SO off to the dealer I went, and basically the guide bolt was free wheeling, though the washer was crushed from the factory.:confused:

Now the diff, hmm, or maybe the guibo. I dunno. But something is clanking at the back, and that ain't good. Guess the car is not up to the rigor of dem stuka missions.:D

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

scottn2retro
08-31-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Stuka

:flipoff:

Now the diff, hmm, or maybe the guibo. I dunno. But something is clanking at the back, and that ain't good. Guess the car is not up to the rigor of dem stuka missions.:D

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

:lmao: :D

Definition - Stuka'd: Driven to the extreme edge of the envelope (or to the breaking point)!

The legend of Stuka continues to grow!:bigpimp::p

Raffi
08-31-2002, 11:17 AM
Stuka, let me know if the dealer gives you crap, I will be more than happy to write them a "nice" letter. :D :D :D

operknockity
08-31-2002, 11:34 AM
Definition - Stuka'd: Driven to the extreme edge of the envelope (or to the breaking point)!

Shouldn't that definition now be "or beyond the breaking point" :dunno: