PDA

View Full Version : more ferrari pimp slapping this morning in belgium

eugeneDC/TX
09-01-2002, 11:19 AM
1-2 finish, montoya was 20 sec back for third. damn, the f2002 is like the 3er in sport sedan comparos... (=

CD-55
09-01-2002, 11:39 AM
I know... talk about no contest!

CD-55
09-01-2002, 11:39 AM
At least the SpeedVision feed showed us all the other battles an not just the lone Ferraris

Patrick
09-01-2002, 11:51 AM
Now that was a boring race; I wonder how MSchumacher keeps himself awake after 10 laps!

Patrick

PhilH
09-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Did you see how Michael was turning laps a full 2 seconds faster than Montoya at the start? That's quite a big difference compared to the difference between the two in qualifying. Tire differences again?

Can't Williams switch to Bridgestones next year? :dunno:

scottn2retro
09-01-2002, 02:10 PM
but how is the battle between Williams and McLaren going for 2nd in the Construtor's race?

eugeneDC/TX
09-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by scottn2retro
but how is the battle between Williams and McLaren going for 2nd in the Construtor's race?

86 - williams
57 - mclaren

ayn
09-01-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
1-2 finish, montoya was 20 sec back for third. damn, the f2002 is like the 3er in sport sedan comparos... (=

F1 got so boring this season that I recorded the last race but still haven't watched it. I didn't even bother recording today's race... and this is coming from a guy who used to wake up at 6:30am to watch the race!!

--Andrew

richard
09-01-2002, 05:03 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when even Spa is boring. What a race track though. I still love F1...as far as I'm concerned it's the only series I care about. I'd rather watch one F1 car circulate around Spa than all the meaningless passing done on ovals.

SteveT
09-01-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by richard
I never thought I'd see the day when even Spa is boring. What a race track though. I still love F1...as far as I'm concerned it's the only series I care about. I'd rather watch one F1 car circulate around Spa than all the meaningless passing done on ovals.

I agree. I still get up for the races, qualifying and I stay home on Friday mornings to watch practice. I'm also going to Indy. There's so much going on technically, it's more that the racing. I'd like to see more pressure applied to the reds for sure. I think tires are where a lot of the difference is. No doubt the F2002 is a great car and it is so expertly and consistently setup for each race, they are just very good right now. Then put the best driver in the world in the car and look what you get. Williams has resolved to come up with a revolutionary car for 2003, so let's hope it's a step (or two) up. BMW is talking about 19k RPM from the new motor.

scottn2retro
09-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ayn

F1 got so boring this season that I recorded the last race but still haven't watched it. I didn't even bother recording today's race... and this is coming from a guy who used to wake up at 6:30am to watch the race!!

--Andrew

I've actually been up at 4:30 AM Pacific time to watch races earlier in the season :banghead:

Well, the Williams goal this year was to beat McLaren for 2nd in the construtor's race. I guess they'll get that (but winning less races than last year).

Am I the only one that thinks Ralf has reached the limit of his potential?

SteveT
09-02-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by scottn2retro

Am I the only one that thinks Ralf has reached the limit of his potential?

Ralf is difficult to figure. It was good to see him pressing Trulli yesterday, but we didn't see a pass because Trulli stopped. I was thinking at long last Ralf is going to pass someone. He was heavily criticised for not attempting a pass on Michael in Brazil. I guess he never really got close enough, but that might have been by choice because (for that race anyway) the FW24 was faster than the F2002.

The Speed Channel guys missed Juan's pass of Kimi until after it was over. Kimi had a good weekend, but Juan had the pass. Fewer wins this year, true. The FW24 is better than the FW23, but the F2002 is way beyond the F2001. Ferrari needed the F2002 in Brazil because they could see the FW24 was about to surpass them. They took a big step.

Ralf needs to take a step up or Juan will leave him behind.

scottn2retro
09-02-2002, 11:55 AM
that the FW24 has been a lot more reliable than the FW23 and probably that was where Williams put the priority (and rightly so) for the season when setting that 2nd place goal.

As we have seen in qualifying this year (JPMs 6 poles) the Williams car when dialed all the way up can run with anybody, but they seem to dial them back down a bit when preparing to go the full race (until they are more certain of the reliability). Hopefully what they learn about reliability this year, can let them open the cars up more next year.

WAM
09-03-2002, 02:18 PM
I was reading a comment from Rory Byrne (Ferrari designer) that they made a little design mistake in the F2002 which will be fixed in the F2003. Apparently it was evident on some tracks and was significant (his words).

Now considering how formidable the F2003 has been, it makes you wonder how soon they'll clinch the championship next year.