PDA

View Full Version : Good service department in Orange County?

holee
09-03-2002, 09:46 AM
I'm trying to decide between Crevier BMW, Irvine BMW and Sterling BMW. I haven't been able to find a lot of info on them on-line though, positive or negative, so if anyone here has used one or more of them, I'd appreciate some feedback.

VDPHB
09-03-2002, 10:17 AM
My family has had our cars serviced at both Sterling and Crevier, with the last few years exclusively being Sterling. It may be because a buddy of mine is a service advisor there. To be honest, with Full Maintenance nowadays, it probably doesn't matter. From a customer service standpoint though, I've always thought Sterling was more on the ball than Crevier, although Crevier had better prices.

Kaz
09-03-2002, 10:19 AM
I haven't heard anything about Irvine, and some bad stories about Sterling, so I've taken mine to Crevier twice now with no problems, although they were for simple things; fan recall and an oilservice.

scottn2retro
09-03-2002, 02:55 PM
when I wanted to get my factory fender ding fixed at the same time I did the 1200 mile service.

I ran to Shelly, Irvine, Long Beach, Crevier and Sterling to talk to service reps and kind of feel them out.

Sterling was the only one that gave me a no questions asked attitude about fixing the fender. They scheduled for a day they knew the paintless dent fixer would stop by and they gave me a decent 325 loaner car to boot. I'll try them unitl something happens I don't like.

I think Crevier is some type of service award winner.

Kaz
09-03-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by scottn2retro

Sterling was the only one that gave me a no questions asked attitude about fixing the fender. They scheduled for a day they knew the paintless dent fixer would stop by and they gave me a decent 325 loaner car to boot. I'll try them unitl something happens I don't like.

I think Crevier is some type of service award winner.

Sterling just pissed me off during the sales process that I just never want to go back. And a person in my office had a hard time with the fan recall there.

And yeah, Crevier has some 'Center of Excellence' or somecrap posted up everywhere.

holee
09-03-2002, 03:16 PM
Oh wow.

I called Crevier this morning. Once was at 8:30am. I left a message. I called them two hours later, was put on hold for 7 minutes. I hung up. Called half an hour later. Hold again.

I then called Sterling and got through to a service representative within seconds.

I'll try Sterlin first, as a result. My car's got another 6K or 6 months to go before the full maintenace warranty runs out anyway.

I got some sort of light rattling noise coming from the back of the car. It kind of sounds like two pieces of wood hitting each other, or something loose in the trunk. I've taken everything out though and it's still there. Hopefully Sterling can fix it, if not, then it's Crevier all the way. :)

scottn2retro
09-03-2002, 03:20 PM
holee -

are you in SoCal now?

Your location shows Sunnyvale. Light rattling noise in back - what kind of car?

jgrgnt
09-03-2002, 03:25 PM
I tried Sterling and Irvine for the sticky pedal fix. Sterling was ok, but they wanted to keep the car for the entire day just to "diagnose the problem" when I told them about the sticky pedal.

Irvine is fairly busy as well, but they only took 40 minutes to look at the car and order the part. My service advisor (Michael) was a nice guy and seemed like he knew what he was doing.

Had a similar experience to holee with Crevier--while on the phone, I was bounced back and forth between service and parts until I was finally disconnected somehow.

Michael

holee
09-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by scottn2retro
holee -

are you in SoCal now?

Your location shows Sunnyvale. Light rattling noise in back - what kind of car?

I'm in Irvine now. 2000 328i.

I noticed the noise after I drove down from Sunnyvale, but I don't know if it's related.

It's more like something loose than rattling. As if I had a loose panel uinder the car or something. It's not very loud, and I can only hear it if I'm driving slow or moderately. I'm just concerned that it means something's coming loose.

scottn2retro
09-04-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by holee

I'm in Irvine now. 2000 328i.

I noticed the noise after I drove down from Sunnyvale, but I don't know if it's related.

It's more like something loose than rattling. As if I had a loose panel uinder the car or something. It's not very loud, and I can only hear it if I'm driving slow or moderately. I'm just concerned that it means something's coming loose.

re: the rattle - If you have not already, try the 3 series forum here (ask question and use search) and maybe also on .org :)