PDA

View Full Version : Radar Love

Stuka
09-03-2002, 02:23 PM
So, I was happily doing my threshold braking from highway speed entering the 101 off ramp, when my V1 suddenly started going nucking futs.:yikes:

Looking around, sure enough, an LA Sheriff is hiding in the bushes. V1 is great though, because it was giving me full bar K band, yes, K, NOT Ka (CHP only) for 1/4 mile, and 1 bar 3/4 mile away. And this is after me going down hills a mile later.

V1 rocks!:thumbup:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

blackdawg
09-03-2002, 02:27 PM
....using one of those police standalone units that spits out K band?

the nice thing is this unit is always there and there is an S curvy portion to the road before the unit and so i did my empirical little experiment.

i tested our 8500, our bel 980 and our V1.

all three really picked up the source from far away. i don't know how Ka would be since there aren't any Ka standalone units, but the K band sensitivity doesn't seem to differ all that much once you reach the upper echelon of detectors.

i thought i would seea difference, but i did not.

Cliff
09-03-2002, 02:30 PM
Some (well, at least one -- the one who was beaming me) CHP motorcycles seem to have K band radars -- the cars are all Ka. I hate those darn "Your speed is x" signs...K band and annoying as hell.

Raffi
09-03-2002, 05:29 PM
Agree - V1 ROCKS! :thumbup: :thumbup: Not that I ever speed....:angel:

The HACK
09-03-2002, 11:47 PM
This is completely off the topic, but I find that at around 8:00am driving EASTBOUND, I can trigger the Laser on the V1 everytime I turn on the windshield jet. Pretty trippy.

However, when the sun is more directly up it doesn't happen. :dunno:

scottn2retro
09-04-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Stuka
So, I was happily doing my threshold braking from highway speed entering the 101 off ramp, when my V1 suddenly started going nucking futs.:yikes:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

Are you sure it wasn't the g-force sensor on the G-Tech Pro :D