PDA

View Full Version : Sigh, you try to help people

Stuka
09-05-2002, 03:34 PM
and this is what you get. What idiots. The guy nearly caused the collective rate of M3 insurance to go up, yet he still doesn't get it...:banghead:

http://forums.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3/forum.php?postid=630646&page=1

Give 'em hell, boys and girls.

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

nate
09-05-2002, 03:46 PM
I wish BMW never put DSC in the M cars. The real E36 M3 had 321HP with no ASC+T. If you drive it with no respect, such as your case here, it will pimp slap you and send you to the ditch via FedEx.

I glad that we have DSC for people like this :p

It works very well, but you can still spin and wreck with DSC on. I have ridden on a skidpad in a car that spun with DSC on. Not foolproof, but does a good job keeping the car in line....

The HACK
09-05-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Stuka
and this is what you get. What idiots. The guy nearly caused the collective rate of M3 insurance to go up, yet he still doesn't get it...:banghead:

http://forums.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3/forum.php?postid=630646&page=1

Give 'em hell, boys and girls.

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

Why you bother with these guys over at .org's M3 board I never understand. :dunno:

They're good for a few laughs. Once in a while you'd get a gem of a poster but most of the time it's just a bunch of mindless babble of a lot of rich, spoiled kids.

I'd rather they stay away from the track schools so there'll be a few spots open for me. :dunno:

By the way, I've missed the "cheap" ticket window with SouthWest Airlines to go to Monterey/Laguna Seca...I may scrap the trip entirely...The Michelin guy was pretty, shall I say, condescending to me. It might be a great opportunity and all, but I HATE being talked down to. :mad:

I might be able to come out and visit you guys at Buttonwillow afterall.

ChadS
09-05-2002, 03:51 PM
I'm completely with you on this one. I learned to drive years ago on an 1984 E28 528e. Great car for first drivers . . . RWD and not too much power and NO DSC, ASC, etc. After driving that car for a few years I learned how to really control RWD in all conditions (rain, sleet, snow) and to "feel" what the car is going to do and how to react to it. On the track, DSC goes off and its time for fun. On public roads though, DSC/ASC in on (except a few times last winter). You're right, some people really need to learn to control the cars, especially M cars, before really driving them. M cars are different, I've had one, and they take extra skill to drive. Ever wonder why insurance on Corvettes and Mustangs is so expensive for people under 25????

nate
09-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ChadS
I'm completely with you on this one. I learned to drive years ago on an 1984 E28 528e. Great car for first drivers . . . RWD and not too much power and NO DSC, ASC, etc. After driving that car for a few years I learned how to really control RWD in all conditions (rain, sleet, snow) and to "feel" what the car is going to do and how to react to it. On the track, DSC goes off and its time for fun. On public roads though, DSC/ASC in on (except a few times last winter). You're right, some people really need to learn to control the cars, especially M cars, before really driving them. M cars are different, I've had one, and they take extra skill to drive. Ever wonder why insurance on Corvettes and Mustangs is so expensive for people under 25????

I learned on an '84 E28 as well, but a 533i. Very fast car. Tons of oversteer anytime, watch out in the rain. No ABS too. I locked up a wheel ocassionaly for some moron :mad:

Raffi
09-05-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by The HACK

I might be able to come out and visit you guys at Buttonwillow afterall.

Yeeeeeehhhhaaaaaawwwwwwwww! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: