PDA

View Full Version : Z4 brochure

ChrisTO
09-06-2002, 10:13 AM
not sure if this was posted already..but here it is. the Z4 brochure.

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/z4brochure.pdf

TD
09-06-2002, 10:15 AM
I just opened it up.

On one of the first pages it says, "The New Z4. Try not to hypeventilate."

Um, how about, "Try not to puke."

Nick325xiT 5spd
09-06-2002, 10:22 AM
It didn't bother me...
I'd like to drive one. :p

Josh (PA)
09-06-2002, 10:24 AM
Tom, I thought you liked this design better than the z3, changed your opinion on it?

My biggest gripe with the brocure is the car pictured is an Automatic. Why picture what's supposed to be a true sportscar as an automatic.

edit: and why only 4 exterior colors?

hts
09-06-2002, 10:24 AM
WOW!! I'm breathless. That thing is bee-yoo-ti-ful!!

I thought some of you were saying that Bangle designed the new Z4 and that he really messed it up? You guys must've be wrong, because that's the most stunning vehicle these eyes have ever seen.

I hate to admit it, but I'm in love with a car.

nate
09-06-2002, 10:26 AM
I'm starting to like this car more and more. Though, they really need to find some better rims to put on it. The rims in the brocure are not attractive at all. The 5 spoke bolded wheels in the press photos are very nice...

That said, it should be a lot of fun. 225hp I-6, six speed manual, E46 suspension, <3000lbs. Fun! :)

johnlew
09-06-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by hts

I hate to admit it, but I'm in love with a car.

Why do you hate to admit it? Don't want to offend the self-appointed arbiters of taste and performance?

TD
09-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Josh (PA)
Tom, I thought you liked this design better than the z3, changed your opinion on it?

My biggest gripe with the brocure is the car pictured is an Automatic. Why picture what's supposed to be a true sportscar as an automatic.

No, I don't hate it. It jsut seemed like the thing to say in response to such silly hyperbole.

nate
09-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by TD

No, I don't hate it. It jsut seemed like the thing to say in response to such silly hyperbole.

It's advertising, what do you expect :p

Closer
09-06-2002, 10:30 AM
I like it :thumbup: I think it will look even better in person!

hts
09-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by johnlew

Why do you hate to admit it? Don't want to offend the self-appointed arbiters of taste and performance?

John,

I'm a simple, unobtrusive kinda' fellow. I hate to offend. And since I thought that Tom had a hard time with it, I didn't want to p*ss him off.

That's just the kind of guy I am--lie low, walk softly, don't step on anyone's toes, ya' know?

TD
09-06-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by hts

John,

I'm a simple, unobtrusive kinda' fellow. I hate to offend. And since I thought that Tom had a hard time with it, I didn't want to p*ss him off.

That's just the kind of guy I am--lie low, walk softly, don't step on anyone's toes, ya' know?

:rolleyes: :eeps:

Sean
09-06-2002, 10:50 AM
I like it to! :thumbup: I just may have to own one in a year or two. The 3.0 will probably be too pricey. Rumors are that when it's fairly loaded it will be close to the M3 price range. I'd have to consider the 2.5, hopefully with vavletronic.

WILLIA///M
09-06-2002, 04:02 PM
I'd have to go along with the general positive note on the appearance of the car. The more photos I see of it the more I like it. It's an obvious improvement over the Z3 and it gives me hope for the next gen 3/4 series.:thumbup:

aardvark
09-06-2002, 05:48 PM
I don't mind the front or the rear, but I just can't stand the side view of the Z4. It looks like it's been in an accident.

Raffi
09-06-2002, 05:59 PM
I LOVE IT! Thanks for posting the brochure - gotta get me one of those! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Imola Ed
09-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Overall I like it, but I just am not feeling the front end. The rest is fine, but it looks like it's mouth is too far down. Make me feel like it just ate something really tart.

Dr. Phil
09-06-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Josh (PA)

The 4 colors are for the first wave of built units, the will be rolling other colors (I think 3 or 4 more) into the mix around the end of the year. Most likely around the same time the 6 speed becomes available.

My dealer gave me one of those books 2 weeks ago when I had my pedal fixed.

IndyMike
09-07-2002, 06:00 AM
Sorry folks, but personally I see absolutely nothing visually appealing about this car. I haven't read one rag that has come close to describing this thing as 'beautiful'. Maybe you can see it, but I'm missing it.

The front headlights and fascia are hosed up; the 'Z' chiseled into the side just looks plain cheezy, and the rear is an amalgamation that ultimately winds up as too busy.

And I won't even go into the weight issue. At it's current tonnage this vehicle is almost in E36 territory (3021 pds.) when it was first introduced in '91. This will be a bulky roadster.

That being said, I have absolutely no doubt that it will drive like a dream. But is there any other BMW (including that turd looking E65) that that same statement can't be made about? Me thinks not.

I'm also certain that BMW will sell every one that they can make. At this point in time they are in a zone, and can do no wrong.

But where others may be able to overlook certain questionable design features, my instincts tell me this car is just plain ugly.

In my humble (as in eating humble pie) opinion the good folks at Design(reallydoesn't)Works have hit into another triple play.

The E65 was 'Invasion of the bodysnatchers' Part I. The Z4 is just a spinoff, and more folks will fall to the allure of these 'new' (?) designs.

Me? I think I'll just hang out with the other dinosaurs, thank you. Hmmm, I think I'm going to like these tar pits! :rolleyes: :D