PDA

View Full Version : VA,MD and DC Meet on 9/14

JJK-E46
09-08-2002, 09:41 PM
Curry's (http://www.currysauto.com/events.asp)

CD-55
09-09-2002, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by JJK-E46
Curry's (http://www.currysauto.com/events.asp)

Thanks, but I will be a Summit Point for the BMWCCA driving school!:angel:

TD
09-09-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by CD-55

Thanks, but I will be a Summit Point for the BMWCCA driving school!:angel:

Bastard.

Yeah, I'll trek out to Curry's.

CD-55
09-09-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by TD

Bastard.

Yeah, I'll trek out to Curry's.

ahhh come on!! Summit is just a little way beyond Curry's....:bawling:

dog
09-09-2002, 07:26 AM
I may have to make the trip..."and you will know me by the trail of dead...":rolleyes: (that is a rock group, for those that may think i am a scary individual)

What time are you planning on getting there?

Jetfire
09-09-2002, 07:32 AM
I will try to be there. Kind of interested in buying some UUC stuff and meeting some faces, although I bet there will be a large turnout of the local cargnoscenti.

dog
09-09-2002, 09:50 AM
Forgot about my tee time with brother and dad. I'm gonna have to miss this.

Nick325xiT 5spd
09-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Might make it out there. :)

Ben Chou
09-09-2002, 01:54 PM
I'll be out there. Want to ask Rob some questions and take a look at some of the BBS wheels.

Jetfire
09-10-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Jetfire
I will try to be there...

Check that. I will be there. Looks like the wife's gotta work that day.

CD-55
09-10-2002, 11:53 AM
The 2-sides of Curry’s

Side-1: I call them from work and ask, “Do you sell UUC clutch stops?” Chris replies, “YES, I have the BigBoy right here.”

Side-2: I show up at Curry’s after work, there are two desks with customer at the one on the left, so I ask the assistant manager in the desk on the right, “Is there a parts counter?” He says, “No we don’t sell parts.” I told him that I called earlier today and was told you have UUC clutch stops. He is like, we will service your car, but we don’t sell parts… “You must have talked to Chris, wait for him when he is finished with that customer”.

Side-1: So, I talked to Chris and he is nothing like the assistant manager. He quickly finds the BigBoy clutch stop, digs around the shop floor and gets me 2 cans of Super Blue. I told the guy who sold me the car advised that I get a 5mm spacer to keep my tires from rubbing the fenders. Chris digs around the shop and finds a pair of 10mm spaces, then checks out my car to determine if the 10mm would work fine. He offers to let me borrow the 10mm to see how they do!

·clyde·
09-10-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by CD-55
The 2-sides of Curry’s

Side-1: I call them from work and ask, “Do you sell UUC clutch stops?” Chris replies, “YES, I have the BigBoy right here.”

Hmm...that's good.

Side-2: I show up at Curry’s after work, there are two desks with customer at the one on the left, so I ask the assistant manager in the desk on the right, “Is there a parts counter?” He says, “No we don’t sell parts.” I told him that I called earlier today and was told you have UUC clutch stops. He is like, we will service your car, but we don’t sell parts… “You must have talked to Chris, wait for him when he is finished with that customer”.

That's bad.

Side-1: So, I talked to Chris and he is nothing like the assistant manager. He quickly finds the BigBoy clutch stop, digs around the shop floor and gets me 2 cans of Super Blue. I told the guy who sold me the car advised that I get a 5mm spacer to keep my tires from rubbing the fenders. Chris digs around the shop and finds a pair of 10mm spaces, then checks out my car to determine if the 10mm would work fine. He offers to let me borrow the 10mm to see how they do!

psst, dad...that's good.

classy man
09-10-2002, 12:06 PM
I might just have to drive up there. That looks like a lot of fun. Do you guys think there will be older beemers like mine there? I've got to get mine fixed though. I really wnat to go up there.

JST
09-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Anyone up for a pre-Curry's meet, maybe at Tyson's, to drive over there? Last year, Curry's was pretty crowded; might be hard to find folks there.

Jetfire
09-12-2002, 08:00 PM
Now that sounds like a great idea - I was wondering how I'd track down you guys. I'm willing to go east to Tyson's prior to heading back to my neck of the woods, if that's more central to everyone else.

Ben Chou
09-12-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by JST
Anyone up for a pre-Curry's meet, maybe at Tyson's, to drive over there? Last year, Curry's was pretty crowded; might be hard to find folks there.

Sounds good. Let's set a time and place.

Nick325xiT 5spd
09-12-2002, 08:01 PM
Sure, where and what time?

JST
09-12-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Ben Chou

Sounds good. Let's set a time and place.

Top deck of the Tyson's I parking garage just outside Hechts, say around 12:15?

Word of caution-we can't stay too long, else the security guards get edgy.

Ben Chou
09-12-2002, 08:06 PM
See you guys there.

Nick325xiT 5spd
09-12-2002, 08:06 PM
I believe that I can make that. :)

TD
09-12-2002, 08:24 PM
See you all there.

Jetfire
09-13-2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by JST

Top deck of the Tyson's I parking garage just outside Hechts, say around 12:15?

Word of caution-we can't stay too long, else the security guards get edgy.

Perfect. I'll be there. :D

Jetfire
09-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Jetfire

Perfect. I'll be there. :D

Check that. I will be at Curry's, but I won't be at Tyson's. Scheduling conflicts with my wife have forced me to show up to Curry's earlier and leave earlier than I'd hoped. I'll be there near opening time and will probably stay until 1 or 2. Hopefully I'll run into you guys while we're all there.